Phantis Forums

delaunay trophy

8ypa7

thanx a lot poak4 for clarifying that for me.

ive got another question for you.

greece participated in a tournament in cyprus a while back.

i know that we got first place but did we get a trophy or any money.

thanx in advance

The real Trophy is kept by UEFA. All trophies are duplicated so in other words the trophy thy gave us was duplicated.

Its the same with the World Cup, the real one is kept in the FIFA offices.

I believe that the real Trophy is in Greece .It is not the duplicate.I remember when they did the klirosi for the rounds of Euro 2008,that they gave it to us because they changed it.And Rehaggel said that it is better like this because now we ll have 2 different trophies (he ment that we ll win it again)

The trophy is held by the winning country for four years and then returned to be used in the next tournament.

I know about the Champions League trophy that the winning club can create a replica for itself that is smaller than the original. I would imagine that there is a similar rule for the EURO.

It would be neat to keep the trophy forever, but I doubt it. UEFA would probably want to display it somewhere in its offices. It's has way too much history to just give it out to the last country that won it.

EURO 2004 was the last time this particular trophy was given out. They have commissioned a new trophy to be used from now on. It has inscribed on its back all the countries that have won the trophy (in the old trophy they were inscribed on the base).

So, Greece will be permanently inscribed on it for eternity :gr:

I know this topis is old but i have one more question for you guys:

does anyone know the size of the replica or have any pics of it

once again, thanx for your help, it was greatly appreciated

File mou its EXACTLY the same... size, shape, weight, everything, its the same.

Archived