Phantis Forums

Hearts vs. AEK 9/8/2006

The2ndMouse

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to AEK tonight. A great performance in their first competative match of the season. Their quality was obvious right from the kick off and seemed far hungrier to win - 32 shots on goal in a European tie away from home!! Hearts were disappointed to lose the two late goals, but any result other than an AEK victory would have been robbery - a fact repeated after the game by the tv panel in Scotland.

Hearts away record is not too bad with recent victories over Bordeaux and Basle, but even with the expected return of 2 or 3 starting players the task facing them in OAKA in two weeks time seems impossible.

Corners:

Hearts 2

AEK Athens 13

Goal Attempts:

Hearts 7

AEK Athens 32

On Target:

Hearts 1

AEK Athens 8

There has been a "small" diference between the two teams. :D I am very proud of Serra Ferrer and his great team.

I think the game plan probably was to pass the ball out from the back but the the midfield we had on the park couldn't make it work (that was a midfield with only one Scottish player in it BTW) and we quickly reverted to humping it. I also think I'm right in saying that historically Scottish teams have a better record in Europe than their Greek counter parts.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

http://www.jamboskickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8902

Awsome result!!!! fully deserved!!!

Congrats to Aek and Ellas

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Well done to AEK tonight. A great performance in their first competative match of the season. Their quality was obvious right from the kick off and seemed far hungrier to win - 32 shots on goal in a European tie away from home!! Hearts were disappointed to lose the two late goals, but any result other than an AEK victory would have been robbery - a fact repeated after the game by the tv panel in Scotland.

Hearts away record is not too bad with recent victories over Bordeaux and Basle, but even with the expected return of 2 or 3 starting players the task facing them in OAKA in two weeks time seems impossible.

Johnny,

Great summary of the match.

It's only half time however. So nothing is finished. Demis better not be counting the UEFA CL money just yet.

AEK will be be put under more pressure as Hearts have to go all out for the win.

Kali epituxia paidia.

I read a few posts from these self-called "Jambo" fans and where they started giving credit to AEK for being better tonight, but then the thread changed and they actually put rubbish on them and Greek football.

Man this is nothing short of misplaced arrogance and a case of sour grapes!

I hope AEK teach them a footballing lesson in the OAKA and I hope that the Hearts fans never forget the experience of playing to a wave of mad AEKtzides!

Regardless of what some partisan fans think, this is definitely Greece against Scotland. Hellas need the UEFA points.

Some of the quotes make reference to the fact that we get pummelled in CL group stage. I hope this year is different and that AEK and Thrylos give solid performances.

:gr:

I know a single swallow does not mean spring (or however the saying goes) but AEK's performance away from home against a team which just the other day beat Celtic has to be classed as awesome. When is the last time a Greek side had 32 shots in an away game in Europe??!! This is how the Guardian newspaper described the result: "It was a harsh way to lose the match but Hearts ultimately lost out to a team of exquisite individual and collective ability” And the commentator on Sportinglife who was giving a minute by minute description of the game had this to say at half-time: "The half-time whistle goes and it is unbelievable how the game is still goalless. This has been one of the most one-sided games I have ever seen, AEK have been streets ahead of Hearts and could easily have been five or six goals up - at least."

This is great stuff. Provided the team does not let all this go to their heads they should win well in Athens.

it was a great play but AEK but especially AEKtzides should see the bad parts for their side.. yes, they won a deserved game but it was a game that should have been at least 0-2 by halftime.. I watched the 4-minute-summary of the game and other than the goal and the ball hitting the post, I don't remember any chances for Hearts!!

AEK should be much more emphatic in the final third!! Especially Kapetanos needs to be cuter.. :)

fyssa, the tie is till not over.. why are you so disapointed??

and so much Lithuanians... in basketball, yes maybe but in football.. definitely not!! :blink:

it was a great play but AEK but especially AEKtzides should see the bad parts for their side.. yes, they won a deserved game but it was a game that should have been at least 0-2 by halftime.. I watched the 4-minute-summary of the game and other than the goal and the ball hitting the post, I don't remember any chances for Hearts!!

AEK should be much more emphatic in the final third!! Especially Kapetanos needs to be cuter..  :)

fyssa, the tie is till not over.. why are you so disapointed??

and so much Lithuanians... in basketball, yes maybe but in football.. definitely not!!  :blink:

im so disappointed,because we couldnt play at our home stadium,and with our strongest team. we didnt put up much of a fight,and we didnt do ourselves justice,it gives the impression of our team as a side who cannot attack,and have no midfield,and sit back,hoping we can break on the counter. we are normally so much more aggressive,and we are going to be turned over again in athens.

we had no width,mikoliunas is utter dire,and mccann is past it,jeez, dont mention bednar and pospisil....dellas has never had an easier game

FAO DRAKOS 13. karipidis was in defensive midfield

What a match by AEK!!!

AEK outplayed Hearts for 90 minutes and deserved those two goals even if the second goal was deflected. We had 32 shots on goal away from home in a CL qualifier. This is an amazing stat. Ferrer has done a great job with the club along with Demis, they've bought in tip top signings such as Pautasso, Lagos, Hetmaj, Toser, Manduca and Ferrer has employed an attacking brand of football which has paid off. With AEK's style of play we can beat anyone. In the OAKA, we will beat them 2-0.

However, from the game there is only one concern to be taken into consideration. We had 32 shots and 2 goals? In the first-half the game should've been 6-0 AEK. Lucky we weren't punished for our missed chances though. In the future AEK must take these chances so they don't get caught out on the break like they did against Hearts. :nono:

Overall, we outclassed them for 90 minutes!!!

:D :tup:

Archived