Phantis Forums

The Vardinoyiannis family

trifilli

I just can't believe there are still people that defend the V's!

and as I hear from some guys on the radio there are not so few...

Nothing makes me more angry than hearing from brothers that pap is a betrayer or a mercenary!

u 2 can support/defend whoever u want?

tsigger is not leaving!

and what are u 2 "rebels" gona do about it?

he and his family will stay for years to come and therefore i really dont care if he stays!

tsigger has money and better him than a guy who talks about "figo-ronaldo-kaka-" and ends up bringing dani.

even the giannakopoulos brothers would face difficulties to get near tsiggers finalcial power!

also we had this same discusion last year at this time with alot of phantis-pao members saying the same! back then it was pappou13(where is he now) who everybody was arguying with.

and u can not force any thoughts in to other people!

if u do then u are undemocratic!

everyone has a freedom of speech and can think what they want!

u dont have to tell them what to think or say!

good weekend and forza Anna Vissy

come on! Of course i don't wanna force any thoughts to others or tell them what to think or say!

Unfortunately, the only thing I agree with you is that he is not leaving and "us rebels" can do nothing about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(it's a waste of time to analyze what tzigger is doing wrong and what his power is against kokallis in greek football(this is the only thing that matters to me!

for your information, the budget of pao b.c. is not much less from pao f.c. (while the revenues are much much more less!).Of course is much bigger than any other basketball team in greece. And I have no doubt that pavlos would sincerely try, at least, build a strong football team if he was given the chance, and not give away the top players we had in some periods.

money for V's was never a problem...but for PAO was!

The famous "vardinogia,vardinogianni p####ra, vale ston k####o ta lefta" was always chanted from pao fans as well......

GOOD WEEKEND TO EVERYONE :D

come on! Of course i don't wanna force any thoughts to others or tell them what to think or say!

Unfortunately, the only thing I agree with you is that he is not leaving and "us rebels" can do nothing about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(it's a waste of time to analyze what tzigger is doing wrong and what his power is against kokallis in greek football(this is the only thing that matters to me!

for your information, the budget of pao b.c. is not much less from pao f.c. (while the revenues are much much more less!).Of course is much bigger than any other basketball team in greece. And I have no doubt that pavlos would sincerely try, at least, build a strong football team if he was given the chance, and not give away the top players we had in some periods.

money for V's was never a problem...but for PAO was!

The famous "vardinogia,vardinogianni p####ra, vale ston k####o ta lefta" was always chanted from pao fans as well......

GOOD WEEKEND TO EVERYONE :D

thanks end of discusion ;)

All reasoning fans can agree that Tziggers EGO is above the team :tdown:

It is not so much the players he did not sign, because he (the family) is cheap...

But rather, the players PAO mistreated, and kicked out, that makes him a complete failure of an owner :angry:

Obviously it is no coincidence, that none of them left in good terms, or will ever return.

Karagounis may be the only exception. Not of returning, though.

Maybe getting a middleman, like Fillipidis, would be a way to remove the HUGE EGO from interfering with decision making.

The chances of that are... :whistle:

PEACE

& as far as businessmen go in one sense they should be happy they made their billions long ago..How do you run a business & let your assets go on free transfers e.g Papadopoulos... at least sell him no???

EKSO GYFTH

This can be a long discussion... whether football clubs are/should be run as business...

Those of you who may say, "why not?"... Just think how many benefits, tax breaks/amnesty, etc, etc. most clubs have enjoyed in Greece for generations.

When a person acquires a team, he acquires a following (fans) unlike in any other business. If I don't like what the Pepsi management does, I just drink Coke! Not so with my favorite team.

Also, those who buy a team should have some sense and knowledge of what they're trying to manage. It shouldn't be only to satisfy their ego, or play with another toy. If a person sees a team as a method to make money or for fame, he will fail..... That's the rule!

Finally, a business is judged by its performance and the decisions the owner/management makes.... Without a doubt, Tzigger's term has been a FAILURE!

my freind id have to agree on u with everything except for the last bit... to ur eyes and to every OTHER Fans eye, yes tzigger has been a failure... howd do u knw in his eye that he has been a failure? i mean business wise... do u not think that he has taken money from PAO and placed it in to his nice pocket? management wise yes he has failed... economically tho he might even be laughing inside him.. ;)

Human power for self-delusion knows no boundaries.... Tzigger has a right to his own perceptions... and laughter if he's made money! For me, it's not about money. I'd not care if he made $88923 trillion from PAO.... as long as we the fans saw results!

Frankly, it's a pitty that a club with the history, fan base, and resources like PAO has wasted 10 years.... and have lost thousands of potential fans....

and if the 10 years of failure continue the way it has been then the new generation of pao fans wont remember the so called proud history that once come with this great club called Pao; all they will remember is the sour/bitter taste left in there mouths each any every year when we come second and fail like usual.....

This will start to become our trend and soon our history which is starting to scear the s%$#! out of me.... AND THAT IS FAILING BECOZ WE HAVE AN EGO MANIAC RUNNING THIS CLUB AND AS LONG AS HE HAS PEOPLE DEFENDING HIM THEN HE WONT LEAVE AND BELIVE ME HE DOES....

Frankly, I do not remember a worse time to be a PAO fan.

Even in the worse of times in the late 70s when PAO finished as low as fifth, has there been such little faith in management, or hope for the future.

Never has PAO treated the ex players, with such disregard.

It was the gauroi that used to come to PAO, for a better place to work...

Galakos, Delhkarhs, Kyrastas, Vamvakoulas, Apostolakhs, Sarganhs and so many more.

Now, when they ask an ex PAO player if they even plan to return, the answer is an emphatic, "TTOTE" (never). <_<

ONE family thinks this is good enough, as long as money is to be made... :tdown:

I hope for a strong AEK and PAOK next year, and I am glad Kakalis is investing on gauros.

Stronger competition is the only way for tziggerman to MAYBE get some motivation in the right direction! :la:

PEACE

my freind id have to agree on u with everything except for the last bit... to ur eyes and to every OTHER Fans eye, yes tzigger has been a failure... howd do u knw in his eye that he has been a failure? i mean business wise... do u not think that he has taken money from PAO and placed it in to his nice pocket? management wise yes he has failed... economically tho he might even be laughing inside him.. ;)

i doubt he's doing this for fun... he's profiting from PAO... dont kid yourselves...but he's acting like its PAOK....& at the rate this is going it will be PAOK if something doesnt get done

I personally see one solution to the problem! Empty stadiums. And a year with no fans will have negative financial concequences for the years to come. It will mean low publicity, bad tv contracts, etc. And thats when the "V" family will start to hurt and maybe change its attitude towards the team!

One thing is for sure. Kokkalis has proven to be a "gata" and Tzigger is not! In no time he built a new stadium and has created a respectable team with great assets. He is taking advantage of the weakness of his main competitor and thanks god for him we have good academies that create players that he will buy in the future. TSAMPA giati eimaste kai m$

Dear fellow fans:

When Tzigger gets a, reportedly, 13.5 million euro 2 year contract with ERT...

Do you think he needs any of us, for financial support?

Average PAO attendance by season since 2000:

00-01: 7.127

01-02: 11.674

02-03: 10.129

03-04: 9.487

04-05: 10.125

Total protathlima revenues, at 10,000 per game, 25 euro per seat, for 15 home games, is 3,750,000 euro!

Plus another 3-4 (?) UEFA home games... 30,000, at 35 euro, is 4,200,000 euro, max.

The above figures are very generous, but still prove that the TV contract is worth almost as much as attendance.

Just remember PAO fans, when you buy that "decoder" you are financing both "Evil Empires"

PEACE

the problem is simple.

the v family keeps on doing what they did before the bosman rule.

they kept on paying good money only on foreigners and kept the greek players low paid.

this goes on and on forever.

this is why kokalis does better.

because he pays his players not because of their nationality but because of their value in the field.

We, PAO fans, are getting impatient and frustrated with ALL these rumors in the press, that are mostly fabricated to sell papers.

Let's face it, it is still early in the transfer season, as others have pointed out.

There is no rush from anyone's part to deal right now.

The biggest question concerning quality players, that will be in the WC is:

Are there any owners as incompetent as Tziggeraki ?

No one, in their right mind, would sell a player before the WC. Only PAO would do that :blink:

Tzigger thought Greece :gr: was just lucky to win the Euro, remember? He made these remarks publicly, after our victory in the final ... :tdown:

Well, was he unlucky, or just a plain IDIOT, for selling Giourka to Porto, before the Euro. :o

The guy that won the penalty vs Portugal in the opener, and the corner that became the winning goal later in the tournament. Not to mention, that he marked successfully, some of the best players in the world!!! :tup:

Porto made more in ONE year, selling him to Dynamo, than PAO ever dreamed of...

Even Dynamo made $$$, selling Giourka to Athletico Madrid. :LOL:

How do you feel now Tziggeraki?

Idiot, is an understatement... :bangin:

PEACE

Although i agree with most.

I have yet to see anyone with big enough balls, and the right backing, to come out and say ok Tzigger you have done s%$#!, i want to take over, heres what im paying.

He is untouchable, because he maintains stability financially and even keeping us in the title running(to be disputed though) something which AEK, PAOK and any other club apart from oly has been having problems with all these years, and constant changing of ownership and constant problems with debt.

Kojak, there are always going to be worse owners/managers/idiots :tdown: .... but the fact remains that Tzigger has NOT been a good development (in a progressive way... meaning building on past success and doing better) in the last 10 years! Actually it's been rather regressive!

He should be playing with his toys, like his cars, instead of our beloved team. I usually don't buy the argument all the failures use by pointing out something worse than they are..... Oh, yeah, he kept us from bankruptcy and B' Ethniki! Wow! What an achievement for our Panatha! :nono:

Tzigger's incompetence takes even greater size if you consider that because our team is financially stable has NOT produced what it could given the lack of serious competition (besides Oly) in our league! :1eye:

PS. My Avatar shows how I would handle the situation right now.... :xxx: :bangin:

• 2 months later...

Since this topic was brought back from the dead... :P

My issue with Tzigger is that he lets his HUGE ego interfere, and puts it above the development of the team.

He continues to treat players, mostly Greek, as lucky to be at PAO.

He knows he has the upper hand, once a player is exiled from PAO.

The main opponent is gauros, who will not always buy every ex-PAO player.

AEK usually does not have the $$$ to sign them either.

The rule of fear is supposed to keep the ranks obedient, and do as the BOSS says.

The boss should be the coach, but in PAO's case it is Tzigger.

What is accomplished by this, is a bunch of insecurity amongst the team which does interfere with the chemistry of the club.

PAO has not had chemistry and camaraderie as a team since the events of the infamous by now Rizoupoli.

When the players lose respect for the team's management and are thrown unprotected into a situation like that one, serious issues will result.

To top that, there is a clean up of quality footballers that had been a tight group and had a great future together.

One by one, players are ousted, to be replaced with inferior, yet what was perceived to be "obedient" ones.

Now PAO is building a team based on foreign well paid talent.

The number one factor for pursuing Salpi was the BAM effect of the whole transfer season. It is the equivalent of last year's Flavio.

This is done at the last minute, to be fresh in the minds of the PAO prospective season ticket holders.

Whatever the reasons, the outcome of this year's transfer season looks, on PAPER, more promising since the last good PAO teams of 2000-03:

Seitaridis has not been replaced.

Will Antonson-Morris match the Kyrgiakos-Henriksen performances?

Karagounis, Basinas, Kolkka, Mikkaelsen or

Bovio, Ivasitch, Gonzo, Biscan, Victor, Romero?

Papa, Salpi, Mantzios/Victor vs Warzycha, Lybe, Manoli, Mihalaki...

Time will show if this current PAO can match the Euro quarter finals success or not.

On paper however, which one of these two teams looks better? :whistle:

PEACE

Archived