Phantis Forums

Dellas to PAO?!

Wallofsoccer88

http://news.ert.gr/en/newsDetails.asp?id=10225

This would be a huge signing if it were to occur! Granted there have been a lot of crazy and BS rumors over the summer, but considering our defensive woes and injuries (to Goumas) and the lack of real good replacements (Kotsios is above-average at best), he'd be a great pick-up.

Though other Euro teams are showing intrest. The only decent team mentioned is Lazio. Rangers would be a step back ( :( :angry: :tdown: ) while the article isisn't specific on any English teams offering him a contract.

I hope provided we sign him (and advance to the CL group stages) that we could still get him (and Torgehelle) on the Euro roster.

Your thoughts...???

The CL Roster will be re submitted provided we qualify for the group stages! The one currently is merely the roster for the qualifier games. Therefore we have time to put Torgelle and Dellas (if signed :whistle: ) on that roster

Anyways back to this rumour....theseb are tghe exact sort of things id like to hear about PAO and the type of players Id luv to have at PAO! If its BS or real remains to be seen but in the meantime lets just pray!

:nw:

:gr: - plus if he signs for us i think itd be a huge boost to the ethniki!

Actually when i think about it, i think its more BS for the following reasons;

1) Dellas has stated atleast twice that he doesnt wanna come back to greece at this point of his life...

2) bigger clubs r after him in bigger/better leagues e.g Latzio (italy), English ect....

3) since the bigger clubs are after him, that means pao would have to offer him a huge contract in order to change his mind which i doubt we will...

HOWEVER

I also belive and have learnt my lesson in the past that this could be a smoke screen for some other defender comming ;)

perhaps TUDOR??? :rolleyes:

anyways i dnt belive this rumour however like alot of u guys here im very homefull however i am confident that we will get a defender, jst hoping his good n at a ripe age (25-28) :tup:

I don't buy this rumour at all. Partly because of the reasons outlined by Hollywood and also because I don't think it would be good for him to come back to Greece at this point in time. He's a wanted commodity in the foreign leagues. Why on earth would he want to come back to Greece to play in this league? Serie A and the A' Ethniki simply don't compare.

as soon as he is 100% fit he will sign for Lazio or an english team or a spanish team.

i don't buy this either. he's been training with aek and oh theres a rumor of him signing w/aek. pao play horrible defense and oh dellas will sign to come and fix things.

c'mon :ph34r:

But it would be good to dream and hear rumours like this and actually have some like Dellas at PAO - that would be a huge defensive boost and would be the difference from a good team to a great champion team IMO!!!!!!!!

but i do concede i think it is just that.... a rumour *SIGH* ;)

Spartak In Talks With Dellas

According to Italian media reports, Spartak Moscow are set to offer Greek international Traianos Dellas a contract worth €1.2 million a year. After interest from Rangers, Lazio, and Panthinaikos amongst others, Dellas looks to be close to making the switch to the Russian league.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=80003&idSez=20

Archived