Phantis Forums

Recording Supersport Fm for Brazil-Greece

Guys I would like to record Supersport Fm because i will be at work and not be able watch the game. Does anyone know how i can Record a live streaming radio station from the internet such as Supersport FM. Does anyone know any of any free programs that I can do this with? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks in Advance.

you can use audiograbber, search it at cnet.com its freeware....it can do scheduled recordings from line in ....that means that it does not start your audio player, thus you must let wmp runing (or the pop up window from sport-fm) and then schedule the recording, hope this helps.

i have used it to record gerasimou when daskalos was calling :D :LOL:

Thanks Lopopo Does this program only record from external sources. I am trying to record internet radio from sportfm.gr. If possible please give me more thorough directions on how to get audiograbber to record from the internet I am not having any luck. If anyone has any alternatives please let me know.

Thanks Lopopo Does this program only record from external sources.  I am trying to record internet radio from sportfm.gr.  If possible please give me more thorough directions on how to get audiograbber to record from the internet I am not having any luck.  If anyone has any alternatives please let me know.

yes i have used it to record stream audio (gerasimou), click -settings- and choose your output directory, click -settings- from the drop down menu and click -mp3 settings- click -direct rip and encode to mp3-, to save it as mp3 or else it saves it as wav and takes lots of disk space, then click- file - line in sampling-, now click- time scheduled- and write the time and lenght (how long it will record). I think you ll be ok.

also in case you do not like their pop up window mms://69.93.59.58/sportfm7712

the program is also really good for ripping cds.

ade me ti niki

:gr:

audiograbber : http://www.download.com/Audiograbber/3000-...tml?tag=lst-0-1

audiograbber forum :

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/boards/...e=30&LastLogin=

Spiro NetTransport is free as a demo is't it?

Lopopo,

I did exactly what you said, I went to the drop down menu and click -mp3 settings- click -direct rip and encode to mp3.

However, when I went to Line in Sampling and to manual recording to test it out. It saves the file as a .wma file. Why is this and how to change to get it to save as .mp3.

Lopopo,

Also, I tried to playback the files that were recorded in .wma format and using winamp or windows media player it seems nothing was recorded. I do not hear anything from the recorded file. Is there a setting that was overlooked?

Sorry Exocet i am using audiograbber for so long that i forgot to mention that :

"""Audiograbber does not come with any MP3 encoder of its own but it can use some other encoders. It is recommended that you download and install LAME's freeware MP3 encoder dll and use that one with Audiograbber. LAME is fast and gives very good sounding MP3 files.

Download LAME's MP3 dll from http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/download.html or http://mitiok.cjb.net. Unzip the lame_enc.dll to the same directory as audiograbber.exe and you will have an internal MP3 encoder that goes all the way up to 320 Kbit/s in Audiograbber.

LAME's official homepage is at http://www.mp3dev.org"""

i do not know why you did not hear anything....i supose that the missing mp3 encoder created the problem...or maybe (?).....do not forget it uses the line in so check the voice of your player and the volume for the speaker from windows (do not mute)

(if you need more help post i ll be checking)

in the -line in- also click play while recording if ti is not by default.....when you try it manually i supose you press stop to stop it not abord!

i can not think of anything else sorry, maybe checking their forum might help

Yes..... finally, thanks for the post from before Lopopo. I had to go to control panel, then to audio properties and add "Wave out mix" to my list. Before it was not present in the mixer options. You are the man.

:tup: great

it does not handle, it writes the sound from line in so if the player buffers it is just recording no sound, you can edit it and remove the parts with no sound when you add it to the video. :D :D

:gr: :gr: :gr:

oleeeeee ellas ole oleeeeee de stamato na tragoudo pote, oleeeee ellas ole olleeee de stamato na tragoudo pote, oleeee ...... :gr:

Zorbas,

For XP, you have to go to Windows 'Control panel' and then click on 'Sound and Audio Devices'.

Then select the 'Volume' tab at the top. Then in the 'Device Volume' section select 'Advanced'. Then a new window will pop up labelled 'Volume Control'. At the top select 'Options' and then 'Properties'.

From their you select which controls you want to appear for 'Playback' and 'Recording' . So in your case select 'Recording' and then select at the bottom either 'Wave' or it might be 'Stereo Mix'. On my computer at work here it is wave. For my laptop and computer at home it would be something like 'Stereo Mix'. you will know if you have the right one is when you click on 'Mixer" in Audio Grabber and the volume shoots rights up. Adjust the volume so it occassionally peaks at 100%.

By the way you may get noise when recording, using my PC at home it recorded a lot of noise off of SportFM.gr. I don't know why. But when I used my laptop, there was no noise at all.

I did not get time to find out what is causing the noise during recording.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Exocet and lopopo i will give it a shot. Now next question how can we synchronize the sound to watch galavision and have the stereo playing at the same time. it seemed the radio was about 30 seconds slower then the television so i am not sure if it is possible to fix this problem. If anyone one has a solution please let me know.

Archived