Phantis Forums

OLY VS SOCHAUX

HOLLYWOOD

sorry about the caps, i didnt even realize it. in ny we watch the games at either the olympiakos fan club or at the 5 - 6 greek cafes that show everygame. anyways, it seems guerrero is out of the question. schurrer said in the newspaper that hes a bit of an a**hole. what a dumb thing to say, who cares what hes like off the field, like giovanni is a really nice guy or something. if you steal the ball from giovanni you better expect to catch a kick in the back of the leg or something. did anybody realize how nasty the georgatos goal was on wednesday? WOW what a goal. i think we can definently beat sochaux but i have this bad feeling that all the players on our team seem to be in a slump lately. djordjevic hasnt played a decent match since he came back from injury, kafes is down, stoltidids is down, okkas fell off the face of the planet, and pantos is down even though i thought that in the first couple of champions league games he was our best player. the team needs to wake up and go after sochaux full force. o kalos olympiakos can beat this team no problem, but o kakos olympiakos can lose and break our hearts again.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry about the caps, i didnt even realize it. in ny we watch the games at either the olympiakos fan club or at the 5 - 6 greek cafes that show everygame. anyways, it seems guerrero is out of the question. schurrer said in the newspaper that hes a bit of an a**hole. what a dumb thing to say, who cares what hes like off the field, like giovanni is a really nice guy or something. if you steal the ball from giovanni you better expect to catch a kick in the back of the leg or something. did anybody realize how nasty the georgatos goal was on wednesday? WOW what a goal. i think we can definently beat sochaux but i have this bad feeling that all the players on our team seem to be in a slump lately. djordjevic hasnt played a decent match since he came back from injury, kafes is down, stoltidids is down, okkas fell off the face of the planet, and pantos is down even though i thought that in the first couple of champions league games he was our best player. the team needs to wake up and go after sochaux full force. o kalos olympiakos can beat this team no problem, but o kakos olympiakos can lose and break our hearts again.

do u have a video of the goal for georgatos???

second u make alot of key points how each player was struggling towards the end of c.l. play

where do u usually watch your game??

i tend to go to oasis in flushing and u ???

do u have a video of the goal for georgatos???

second u make alot of key points how each player was struggling towards the end of c.l. play

where do u usually watch your game??

i tend to go to oasis in flushing and u ???

There's an Oasis in flushing? I thought there was only one in Bayside.

• 1 month later...

Well the game is near fellas and it carries our European dreams of which we've been chasing for an eterrnity. Thankfully we are starting to find our form as of late (last 2 matches)

As of the moment other than Venetidis we dont have any serious injurys, but we wont have Shurrer or Anatolakis for the first leg due to card offenses.

Sochaux tied in their last league fixture with Lille away the previous matchday they tied again with Nice, in their last cup game played in the middle of january they beat Bastia (karembeu's new club) at home 1-0 but by an own goal via Bastias' defender.

In their last 7games from the beginning of January they have gone 3-2-2, so it's nice to see they arn't exactly hitting on all cylinders as of late, but they remain very dangerous.

So who are we going to have to watch ? Mr. Jeremy Menez tops the list, prolific goal scorer and the one that threw 3 goals in himself against Bordeaux.

Posted Image (anyone watch the nba? this guy looks like bobby sura from the rockets, haha)

And the Brazilian Santos is the pair on offense for Sochaux.

Posted Image

Along with Illan another Brazilian that plays slightly behind'em. Lets get ready for some samba then frenchmen. BTW Diarra is also on the club, another quick forward but he;s been seeing the bench for some time.

FORZA OLYMPIAKOS !

i wanted to worry about this game after Greece v Denmark but lets get this show on the road

i mean a couple of weeks ago i was just saying lets just ###### uefa cup b/c we had played so poorly but things have changed

we do have a nice cushion

but our play has been still not good or to capability

Schoaux is a wierd team i think 6th or 7th but they have one good game then they crap out

everybody here knows the book on Olympiakos terrific at home terrible away

jekly and hyde

wut hurts is the fact that we will be missing 3 starters on our back line

anatolakis and schurrer due to yellow cards

Venitidis out for the season

the good thing is the game will be at home but they need to win this game

but not 1-0 i don't trust our club away

it as to be 3-0 or 4-1 but we haven't been scoring alot either as of late

so i don't know where the goals will come from unless ribbo goes crazy or Okkas finally finds his form

we will see

its still a week or 2 away

anything can happen till then

now lets worry about the league first and then when time comes we will deal with this french team Schouax

An emphatic win such as the one coming up is in order.

'3 OLY Yiannakis Okkas

'57 OLY Vitor Borba Ferreira Rivaldo

'89 OLY Yiannakis Okkas

W- Nikopolidis

L- Richert

An early header by Okkas gets Karaiskaki rocking, but Sochaux nearly equalizes as Ilan tries to put home a cross by Santos but Nikopolidis positions himself well and makes an easy save. Throughout the first half Sochaux has many chances, but Nikopolidis ends up catching a lot of crosses, frustrating Sochaux. Sochaux, trailing at half-time, feel little remaining confidence and their defense breaks down and Daf gets crossed up by rivaldo as he gives Richert no chance, and Karaiskaki wakes up again. But as a parting gift Okkas moves around a charging Richert and taps it off the post, giving OLY fans worry but he gets his own rebound and puts it into the empty goal. As the match ends Karaiskaki erupts into cheering and applause. After the second half of yesterday's win over Denmark, I realize Karaiskaki is Nikopolidis's house!

An emphatic win such as the one coming up is in order.

'3 OLY Yiannakis Okkas

'57 OLY Vitor Borba Ferreira Rivaldo

'89 OLY Yiannakis Okkas

W- Nikopolidis

L- Richert

An early header by Okkas gets Karaiskaki rocking, but Sochaux nearly equalizes as Ilan tries to put home a cross by Santos but Nikopolidis positions himself well and makes an easy save. Throughout the first half Sochaux has many chances, but Nikopolidis ends up catching a lot of crosses, frustrating Sochaux. Sochaux, trailing at half-time, feel little remaining confidence and their defense breaks down and Daf gets crossed up by rivaldo as he gives Richert no chance, and Karaiskaki wakes up again. But as a parting gift Okkas moves around a charging Richert and taps it off the post, giving OLY fans worry but he gets his own rebound and puts it into the empty goal. As the match ends Karaiskaki erupts into cheering and applause. After the second half of yesterday's win over Denmark, I realize Karaiskaki is Nikopolidis's house!

sounds great to me

HAHAA. I LIKE THE WAY YOUR MIND WORKS MY FRIEND. like i said before if the good olympiakos shows up we will win, but if the bad one shows up were screwed. this game is the uefa cup for us. forget about going into france with a tie or loss in pireaus. we gotta get the job done right now. the only player im worried about is that 17 year old that they have. hes supposed to be really good. and were gonna have kostoula and vallas defending him. gamise ta. i watch the game at oasis next to st. nicks too. i say we all meet up at st. nicks and light a few labades so oly advances. hahaha

1-0 for Oly, if we are lucky enough. As of late, we are slow, unintuitive and badly coached (during the game). If Sochaux plays the fast counter-attack game well and our defensive middlefielders can't cope, we will be embarassed.

Let's hope that Giovanni won't play this game. Not that this alone would suffice for an easy win but it would be a good start.

i dunno..this is a tough calll.. i hope oly turn it up and play good ball but it hasnt been looking great..especially after todays game.. u guys need a player that will put the ball IN THE NET...okkas cant do it...neither can giovanni anymore..rivaldo has to be mich more of an influnce this game then he has been recently...i think this will be a turn around game for you guys...ill say 1-0 or 2-0 for oly

HAHAA. I LIKE THE WAY YOUR MIND WORKS MY FRIEND. like i said before if the good olympiakos shows up we will win, but if the bad one shows up were screwed. this game is the uefa cup for us. forget about going into france with a tie or loss in pireaus. we gotta get the job done right now. the only player im worried about is that 17 year old that they have. hes supposed to be really good. and were gonna have kostoula and vallas defending him. gamise ta. i watch the game at oasis next to st. nicks too. i say we all meet up at st. nicks and light a few labades so oly advances. hahaha

i will try to make it to the game

it's going to be tough i am off from scho0ol that day and living in the BX don't know if i got to work and then come over the bridge

but i will try my hardest

i love my Olympiakos

i heard about today's result

i mean Xanthi is on fire this season

no fans so no home field advantage

first game ever where Olympiakos didn't gain all 3 points in karaiskaki

i heard they played well but the usual couldn't score

we will see thursday on wut they will do

anybody get the expect formation ?? and starters

4-4-2 most likely

Guest Protathlitis

i am cheering for OSFP provided we win.......i want a semifinal meeting so we can settle this once and for all......

thats what Ive been saying all along :tup:

i love the fact that it would be great to play pao in uefa cup hopefully a final

but lets be realistic here

both clubs have been up and down in their current european campaign

especially Olympiakos being on such a upside for most of the time but crashing back down

Schuaux should be beaten but our club will be missing people

and have a huge problem on putting the ball in the net

and they just haven't been dominating in the past month or so

hopefully a packed atmosphere back at the stadium where it's been empty for over a month now gives the club the much needed energy to win

Lets go Olympiakos#1

Archived