Phantis Forums

AEK gets Soares

ZeeKoei

Crete sell Soares to AEK

Friday, 23 July 2004

UEFA Cup contenders AEK Athens FC have signed Brazilian striker Alessandro Soares from OFI Crete FC.

Financial affairs

The Greek capital club have paid an initial €60,000 for the 30-year-old, but have the option of buying the player outright for a further €150,000 next summer. "I wanted to take a chance and come to AEK. I want this new challenge. I know AEK are in a difficult situation and I want to help them," said Soares.

Extended deals

AEK have also handed new contracts to midfield players Milen Petkov and Sotiris Konstantinidis. Bulgarian international Petkov has agreed a two-year deal while Konstantinidis has signed up for one year.

uefa.com

Soares will be a solid substitute... assuming that we have a starting striker to team up with Lymbe.

I think Soares will be playing in his normal position, right winger. The way I see it, he is coming to replace Lakis in the starting line up. He is fast and has good control of the ball, but he keeps the ball to long.

He is fast and has good control of the ball, but he keeps the ball to long.

My friend, I totoally agree. As an offensive player, he only had 4 goals last year... I believe.

ONly having watched a few games of OFI, I saw him carry the ball, get stuffed and then NOT get back on defense.

thats why I say a solid substitute. throw him up front where he can carry the ball and not have to play defense.

Archived