Phantis Forums

EMI Music is doing the Athens 2004 soundtrack

Harry

I got this in an email today. :band:

Stars come out for official Olympic album

EMI Music will release the official albums that accompany this summer's Olympic Games in Athens. First to be unveiled is Unity, an album featuring 16 top artists from around the world including Lenny Kravitz, Sting and Destiny's Child, which will be released on 12 July. The other Olympic albums are Harmony, the official classical album, and Phos, a collection of Greek music.

Unity's theme is harmony and peace and, like the Olympics themselves, has brought together people from different races, cultures and religions. Many of the songs on the album are duets, including tracks from Moby and Public Enemy, Tiziano Ferro and Jamelia, Earth Wind & Fire and Roots Manuva and Sting and Mariza. In association with the release of Unity, EMI is donating at least US$180,000 to Unicef's vital HIV/AIDS programmes in sub-Saharan Africa.

"EMI is privileged to be involved with the Athens Olympic Games and, through the involvement of the artists on the record, to embrace the Olympic values of peace and unity," said EMI Music vice chairman David Munns. "This is a unique record for what is the greatest of sporting occasions."

The full track listing of Unity is:

Avril Lavigne Knocking On Heavens Door

Destiny's Child/Will I Am I Know

Timbaland/Utada/Kiley Dean By Your Side

Tiziano Ferro/Jamelia Universal Prayer

Sting/Mariza A Thousand Years

Beres Hammond/Les Nubians Going All The Way

Mr G Issues

Earth Wind & Fire/Roots Manuva Love Together

Wayne Wonder/Neneh Cherry Eyes On the Prize

Lenny Kravitz/Kadim Al Sahir We Want Peace

Macy Gray/Keziah Jones Oh Yeah

Moby/Public Enemy MKLFKWR

Alice Cooper/Xzibit Stand

Gronemeyer/Cheb Mami/Dalaras Everlasting

Brian Eno/Skin/Rachid Taha Still Standing

Trevor Horn/Yiannis/Tarkan/Katia Pass The Flame

More details on Harmony and Phos as well as Unity will be announced soon. :band:

Archived