Phantis Forums

DEMIS to buy AEK

Kostas

...they have already made an offer. :o

Nikolaidis has the backing of a group of 3 businessmen (melissanidis among them) and have proposed to buy the majority shares from ENIC.

all i can say is that i am keeping my fingers crossed, and holding my breath to see if we are really at the threshold of a brand new day for our team

This could be a double-wammy for us.......

We get rid of Enic......we get our favourite son back and Dousan gets the ass.....triple wammy......BANG.

Its still preliminary so I wont be getting too excited. Everyone knows the love that AEK fans have for Demis and we know how he feels about us which is why we are comftable with him being at the helm.

If it does happen, then yes we will celebrate and celebrate hard........

thuis would be some good news for aek but dont know if it's as true as its mad e out to be by the mme.

will have to wait and see what happens. so would that mean he wouldnt play for aek to finsh his career?

one thing i heard rumours is he would bring back santos as coach of aek if he gets in. i dont know how wise that would be but i guess we cant get any worse now can we.

If this would become true..... Greece's Football will knock to a new era's door.......

This would mean...that the time of the Kotzabasides.......called "Ta Afentika" with the slogans..... "Me ta lefta mou gxmo kai ton Sylogo mou [kai oxi monon afton] will come to an end........

This would do an example to other Club fans........and they would take similar initiatives.....leading their clubs to independancy and any eventual profits would go to the clubs welfare on the long term perspective.

But this is only possible when Greece's economy is in ascent and the greater population will come to some money in order to take their responsabilities in the community life.....

If not everybody will expect the salvation from the "Afentika" and the rest will go to burn the stadiums down any second Sunday....or at least the seats......

Can i ask, if Demis does buy the PAE AEK, does he continue to play for Atletico. Id presume he does, and than who would actually run AEK. He wont be able to control everything from Spain.

And yes, I would have to agree with Evergreen, definitely the sort of inspiration AEK needs.

Now, perhaps Vazexa can launch a similar bid to get PAO! lol that would be awesome....ahhhh now im dreaming

Melissanidis would run AEK.

You have hit the nail on the head.

I am sure Melissanidis would put up most of the money to buy the team, and then have Nikolaidis on board to keep everybody united. Very bold move if you ask me, and it just might be the formula to get AEK back on track.

in my opinion, Demis shouldn't do anything as long as he is a footballer. He is doing pretty good with Atletico, he should have his full concentration on this and not on AEK's financial problems. When he'll retire from footballer, then he should try to buy AEK.

in my opinion, Demis shouldn't do anything as long as he is a footballer. He is doing pretty good with Atletico, he should have his full concentration on this and not on AEK's financial problems. When he'll retire from footballer, then he should try to buy AEK.

Iliana,

Thats what he will do. He will be "in" for the investment purposes and for stabilizing the club. Sure he is a player, and should be concentrating on playing... which he is. But remember, he is an AEKtzis, like us. And just like us, it is KILLING him to see his favorite team in trouble and not being the best. Money problems, morale low, players want to leave, AEK fans fighting each other, players being harassed, coach being harassed...

As a fan, it kills me every day that we have this situation. It kills all of the level headed fans as well, I am sure. And it must kill him too. So this can help stabilize the situation and set it up for him to either come back as a player... or as an owner.

I understand your point of view, but the thing is that there are already rumours that he'll be the president of AEK while he's playing at Atletiko! :blink: that's why I reacted that way.

If any of you believes that

- Demis can be a president backed by other people's money, but

- fully in charge (at least for the important things) without interference from others, and

- discharging his duties from Spain,

then he must know something about human nature, Greek soccer, and organization structures that I have failed to understand.

AEK has serious problems none of which will be solved by escaping to lala land. I seriously hope that Demis has better, more realistic, plans than those reported in the press.

we still don't know what his intentions are as to his footballing career.

until they disclose the plan and structure of their system, lets not jump the gun and assume that we are all daydreaming.

we have endured nearly a decade of nightmarish mismanagment, if ths deal has the potential to turn things around, it is more than welcome.

otherwise, we are used to disappointment

Archived