Phantis Forums

AEK - Dundee United

george21

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys can somebody explain to me why if the game is played at the Olympiacos stadium

there will be no AEK fans allowed into the stadium?

If that is the case, do you think there is any possibilty of AEK fans turning up anyway to cause trouble?

Hi mate, to give you a quick summary:

AEK don't currently have a stadium of their own, it's under construction so they were playing their home games at OAKA (the national stadium, the way Arsenal played at Wembley or the way Celtic played at Hampden Park). The grounds staff for OAKA are independent and the pitch was in poor condition and when Panathinaikos played Genoa there in friendly on Sunday it got worse. So all this was out of AEK's hands. They then agreed to play at rivals Panionios' ground but their ultras didn't like the idea so the idiots decided to break into their own stadium and drill holes into the pitch to make it unplayable. That has forced AEK to approach Olympiakos who seem to have said ok but under the condition that no AEK fans are given tickets (this is to prevent fighting with Olympiakos fans on the way to the game). So this will essentially become a home game for Dundee Utd fans with only your fans gaining access.

I'd love to say, don't worry AEK fans won't turn up anyway to fight Olympiakos but i can't promise you that. I can't imagine them attacking Dundee Utd but if they were to turn up there's always the possibility of getting caught up in an incident that is between Olympiakos and AEK fans. It is unlikely but you should be careful anyway and take the necessary precautions, stay in large groups if possible, etc. You will no doubt be welcomed by the local Olympiakos fans who will be rooting for you so you won't have any problems from them. UEFA will be keeping a close eye on this and there were no incidents in Scotland so i can 't imagine AEK fans having a problem with you guys either. So like i said, the only possible danger would be to be caught up in the middle of a fight between Olympiakos and AEK fans, if they start throwing stuff it could get messy. But just to highlight: UEFA will be keeping a close eye on this and i imagine there being a lot of security for this, so don't worry too much. Also Dundee Utd will ensure that the necessary security measures are taken, this is from the Daily Record:

"It's a shambles. I'll go to the stadium and see it for myself. But the UEFA delegate will be there as well and he has the power to call the match off if he has any concerns about safety.

"I'm concerned for our fans and if anything happens out there then it'll fall at UEFA's door. There's going to be chaos .

"From what we've been able to find out about the Nea Smyrny it has structural problems with the top tier of the stand, which isn't allowed to be opened to the public as a result.

"There are also serious safety issues relating to an inadequate number of entrances and exits.

"There have to be major security issues when it comes to crowd segregation.

"Greek fans are volatile and the AEK supporters have recently been involved in an after-match incident when the team's manager, Dusan Bajevic, was knocked to the ground by his own fans.

"I know Tayside Police have expressed concern about our supporters over there.

"But UEFA have said this ground is fit for purpose and it's up to AEK to ensure the safety of the people.

"UEFA rules say our fans must be inside a properly segregated area, and they've authorised this ground for use.

"We can't refuse to travel but I can go to the ground with the UEFA delegate and make sure that the integrity of the competition is upheld. And that's what I'll be doing.

"But I can't say I'm looking forward to the experience."

The SFA's Kirkwood said: "My remit will be to check on everything relating to the United fans at the stadium.

"I need to be sure about safe access to the ground, proper segregation arrangements inside the stadium and adequate means of exiting the arena."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-22512043/

Olympiakos' stadium is situated in the city of Piraeus (6km outside Athens) where 90% of the people are their fans.

As of this moment, Panionios' Stadium is still a good possibility though it's will very likely that AEK supporters will not be admitted.

Will Dundee Utd supporters be allowed to attend? I heard the game is being played "keklismenon ton thyron" = no fans.

Dundee fans will be the only ones allowed to get in.

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/EuropaL...AEK/285585.html

lucky fans,500 of them and they can pick any seat from the 40K available to them..... :LOL: :LOL:

Some Olympiakis fans were calling a radio station yesterday asking if they can go and watch the game since they are yearly ticket holders..... :LOL: :LOL:

What a third world country have we become, a club to have to play 2 away games

rixte tous 5 pe!!!!!!!!!!!! man th panagia

Ihave an idea lets make karaskaiki ours for uefa purposes since oly dont have any :LOL:

We give you love and a solution at your hardest time and that is how you repay us mafioze???ftou sou palio xouligan.... :P :P :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :gr: :gr:

Update from the Dundee United web site:-

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?...id=3563&cd=2010

They are saying there is still no conformation from UEFA...

Which is a bit weird as you guys seem to think everything have been agreed.

Do you think AEK might be holding things up by insisting that AEK fans are allowed entry to the game or something like that?

What a third world country have we become, a club to have to play 2 away games

rixte tous 5 pe!!!!!!!!!!!! man th panagia

Ihave an idea lets make karaskaiki ours for uefa  purposes since oly dont have any :LOL:

We give you love and a solution at your hardest time and that is how you repay us mafioze???ftou sou palio xouligan.... :P :P :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :gr: :gr:
I appreciate u loaning us your gipedo askin aek fans not vandalize it is like asking a cheetah not to run after a gazelle :D

In all honesty this match worries me the players are all aware of what is going on from an unbeleivable tourny in australia too total anarchy at the drop of hat i hope there all focused and put all this bs surronding our club a side take care of business infront of no aek pushing them forward. :(

Now we can all focus ONLY on the game and i really believe that Bajevic will have the players ready to try and finish this game early.Score 1-2 in the first half and then just let the time go to 90'.

Now we can all focus ONLY on the game and i really believe that Bajevic will have the players ready to try and finish this game early.Score 1-2 in the first half and then just let the time go to 90'.

Dundee just came off a drumming in league play they will have something to prove that makes any club unpredictable

AEK-0 DUNDEE-0

I think only Dundee UNITED fans will be admitted.  :)

(It would've been nice for us if they had let in a few Dundee fans to balance them out!)  :P

There isn't that many Dundee fans these days though :P

Hopefully it is a good game tonight lads, it will be a bit surreal for the United fans in the stadium by themselves :D

I really can't see us winning, but you never know in football.

Anyway, may the best team win! :tup:

Archived