Phantis Forums

Atromitos-Panathinaikos

trifilli

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have gained some composure now. Atromitos still moves well forward with the ball down but they haven't come close to scoring.

Their defense is having tons of problems tracking Cisse, Leto, and Ninis so they will naturally start folding some midfielders backwards to compensate.

We should score one more before half time to have a lower heart beat in the second half

So, was he off or not guys? I 'm not watching the game, obviously.

yes he was but it was incredibly close call to see in real time. He moved while Cisse's foot was 1 cm away from the ball, and so his torso was offside, his feet were onside.

Techically its an offside, but its really close. The truth is PAO got no play-advantage they would'nt have already had if he was 8cm back (onsides) , so its a matter technicality..

Yeah, his head was leaning forward beyond the last player just as Cisse took the shot. Hard for the assistant to call. Instant replay would have nullified it. The disallowed goal earlier was clearly offside.

Oh, man, I hate when sthing like this happens. I 'd rather be at 0-0.

Thanks for the analysis guys.

35 minutes in and it feels as if Atromitos is having 60-40 possession. We play in our half most of the game and we need to find a way to push the game higher.

Atromitos hasn't threatened at all of course, but I don't like the way they can turn the ball around without us being able to dispossess them.

Ba, I'd rather be up by one it was so close and the shot came so fast there is no way anyone can blame the ref for not seeing it.

Interesting factoid: Tzorvas seems able to use both legs. He can clear the ball with either the left or the right foot!

i seriously expect any professional to be able to use both feet. it really opens up your ability on the field tremendously..

Obviously one will be stronger than the other thats understandable, but some have absolutley no opposite foot skills (like Ninis).....

Ninis scored his first ever goal (against Panionios at OAKA) with a well placed left-footed shot. Leto is the typical example of a player who can't use his weaker foot at all.

Tzorvas is not equally good with both feet - he's rather equally bad. If the ball is coming with some pace or an opponent is near by he normall goes for the stands.

i seriously expect any professional to be able to use both feet. it really opens up your ability on the field tremendously..

Obviously one will be stronger than the other thats understandable, but some have absolutley no opposite foot skills (like Ninis).....

or Leto. Cisse is also a heavy right footer, although I've seen him take a weak shot or two with the left.

Sariegi and Salpi might be the only players who feel comfortable with both legs even if their right boot is stronger.

Agree with Titus that Tzorvas has two weak legs but I noted that he has been working on it. Last season he could barely reach the center line while this season it's not an issue.

well rest assured PAOK are completley deflated, losing to AEL 1-0....

OSFP - Xanthi are still at 0-0...if Xanthi could find a win, and we finish up in Atromitos with 3, then technically we'd have clinched the title....But I doubt Xanthi will pull through for us, we need to focus and finish Atromitos off.

Ninis scored his first ever goal (against Panionios at OAKA) with a well placed left-footed shot. Leto is the typical example of a player who can't use his weaker foot at all.

Tzorvas is not equally good with both feet - he's rather equally bad. If the ball is coming with some pace or an opponent is near by he normall goes for the stands.

I've seen Ninis on numerous occasion play without proper confidence in his left and let it change his decisions on the field this season...

still every player should be able to use opposite feet reasonably well. Set peices are way more difficult, but crossing/passing and long passing and for strikers shooting are essential..idk....

also keepers IMO have to train to be more ambidextrous...

I can say from experience keeping if your right sided, diving left is significantly more difficult than going right, launching off your opposite foot is something that takes a lot of traning to to get it as good as your right side.

50 with not much happening besides that great chance created on one of our counter attacks.

Atromitos has good ball circulation but they have no speed going forward. We do well to defend in numbers but that's the kind of game that would have Ten Cate fired by the fans (but the only time we played that deep with Ten Cate was at Inter)

I would feel better if we find a way to hold possession in midfield and push Atromitos farther back towards their box. We keep the ball lingering around our goal and anything can happen.

man, Cisse got asaulted with a knee to the waist. Oliveira should have been ejected on this one.

yeah hes been on Cisse without reason today, i dont know if an ejection would have been fair just then, but another rash challenge with intent like that, he deserves to be out.

Sometimes I think the games could be more interesting if the ref had a microphone ...so we could hear what the players and him are saying in their discussions...

Archived