Phantis Forums

Europa League Draw

Cerigo

Are first match is against Everton away in Goodison Park witch is a very tough place to win. Hopefully with our new signings we could qualify, however Guerreiro will not be allowed to contribute after playing against Brøndby IF for Legia Warszawa.

Matchday One - Thursday - 21.05 CET 17 Sep 2009

SL Benfica - FC BATE Borisov

Everton FC - AEK Athens FC

Matchday Two - Thursday - 19.00 CET 1 Oct 2009

AEK Athens FC - SL Benfica

FC BATE Borisov - Everton FC

Matchday Three - Thursday - 19.00 CET 22 Oct 2009

FC BATE Borisov - AEK Athens FC

SL Benfica - Everton FC

Matchday Four - Thursday - 21.05 CET 5 Nov 2009

AEK Athens FC - FC BATE Borisov

Everton FC - SL Benfica

Matchday Five - Wednesday - 19.00 CET 2 Dec 2009

FC BATE Borisov - SL Benfica

AEK Athens FC - Everton FC

Matchday Six - Thursday - 21.05 CET 17 Dec 2009

SL Benfica - AEK Athens FC

Everton FC - FC BATE Borisov

Source.

First three matches:

Everton - AEK

AEK - BATE

AEK - Benfica

If AEK only gets 3 points out of the first 3 games (very likely scenario) then it's a no-go.

In my estimate, IF AEK beats Everton in England (or tie with away goals) it could create the momentum you need. That's how I'd approach this stage.

I wish you guys succes, but Bajevic is a realist. If he thinks that the europa league isn't a good prospect this year, he might concentrate on the domestic league.

Now, go and get some points for Greece.

I have been watching everton this year and atm they are in turmoil. with all the crap with lescott wanting to go to man city they havent played well and they dont look like playing well... but there is still 3 weeks till the first game and anything can happen. Teams that arent playing well before the international break normally start playing better after the internation break. hopefully that does not happen and we can atleast get a draw at goodison and going to merseyside is never easy.

I think we can beat BATE home and away and they are must wins if we want to progress.

as for benfica im not sure who they have this year but they always seem to have a good team. a must win at home, and hopefully a draw in portugal but doubtful

i think we can get 10 points in this group

BATE is a good team..... they were in the CL last season.. and drewagainst JUVENTUS

Be careful

Very true. Bate are probably better than Vaslui and AEK lost there. Greek clubs aren't big enough to have the luxury of taking anyone for granted. This is a tough draw and I don't fancy AEK's chances to be honest.

Look I believe AEK can draw against Everton in greece.. and probably beat bate in OAKA... Benfica on a good day.. aek might sneak a win.. but on the road i see 3 losses.. maybe a draw in Bate

ur looking at 5 to 8 points... U will need lots of draws in the other games

Either way GOOD LUCK DUDES...!!!!!

IM very optimistic about our progressing to the 2nd round everton did some last min shopping and beef up there squad very strong in the mid field.

Benfica are some what on a role beat celtic in a friendly and destroyed some club in there league game 8-1

And lets not underestmate bate there a beast in the belarussian league tops with like 33 golas and copped 8 we might get a nasty surprise from them

I see we get like hurts to say it 4 points at most

Archived