Phantis Forums

Demis quits!

Irlandos

To be honest i have mixed feelings about this. Not sure if the timing is correct. We have some very important games comeing up and this can't be good for the team. About Demis i have to be honest the only thing he did was save AEK from bankraptcy. Not saying that this was not a big deal but if we all remember his 5 year plane we are still waiting for the Stadium, the Training grounds and much more things. I wish him Good Luck and defenetly a BIG THANK YOU!!

Now let's see what will happen.............

I also have mixed feelings... He has done some good things regarding crowd control and getting families back into AEK games, but his overall plan had failed.

Having said that, if this info is true, I dont think he had "arxedia". Whether he likes the reactions of the fans or not, he should see out his time and work hard until the end (for his own character). It was easy to play and put little pressure on himself and the team when we had a team of no-ones. No pressure because we had the "5 year plan". But now that we have players and a team and things are not working out, it is not a time to quit.... Thats the easy option.

The writting was on the wall either he was going to quit or be forced out, im torn inside he did save our beloved team but promises were not kept stadium training ground bam signings sl titles and cup and the list goes on.

Demis has done alot good and bad but ultimately ppls see the bad created a rift between the organised fans groups and the rest with sub par crowds proof of it with omonia games and bologna, were a familly united we should all be one.

I say good bye and god speed and bring in melisanidis and drop some coin which he has

Let's not forget his uncompromising attitude towards the hooligans! :)

True... the guy has principles and stands by them, something we don't see too often in the football world.

As he says himself in his interview (thanks for that btw Mouse :)) two of the three main goals he has accomplished. The only thing left is the stadium. It's sad news and I hope he changes his mind before May.

To be honest i have mixed feelings about this. Not sure if the timing is correct. We have some very important games comeing up and this can't be good for the team. About Demis i have to be honest the only thing he did was save AEK from bankraptcy. Not saying that this was not a big deal but if we all remember his 5 year plane we are still waiting for the Stadium, the Training grounds and much more things. I wish him Good Luck and defenetly a BIG THANK YOU!!

Now let's see what will happen.............

Sorry to say this but this is why AEK will not go forward again this year. It's like you're taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

By Demi doing this sort of thing, it means that there's some S*** going on within and we'll never know what's up.

What's sad about this is that this is happening to one of the top clubs in Greece and it's this sort of instability that we have to change in Greeck Soccer.

Once again it's going to be a horse race (OLY & PAO)

• 2 months later...

Very poor decision... AEK is at a very sensitive point. By him leaving, I feel he is giving up... but what is quite ironic is that the same fans that he was backing to jeer Dusan out of AEK are now doing the same thing to him.... I guess life is a circle.

ONE OF THE SADEST DAY OF AEL HISTORY AND FOR MY PERSONAL SELF THIS MAN GAVE HIS HEARET SOUL BLOOD SWEAT TEARS TO MAKE HIS DREAM COME TRUE AND BUILD A CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB AND WE HAVE LOSERS AND UNGRATEFULL FANS THAT JEER HIS NAME SAD TO THAT OUR MOST FANATICAL FANS CANT REALIZE WHAT DEMIS WAS TRYING TO ACHEIVE.

DEMI MOU SAGAPO DEN IMASTE OLOI ETSI EFHARISTO FILE

Demi thank you for everything but your timeing is very bad. You let some "fans" get to you and quit. The ironic with this is that a few years ago you did the same thing when you left for Spain!!! It seems that you are not able to handle pressure, so maybe you leaving it will change things around... Maybe....

I have no idea why he did this. It wasn't Omonoia, because as a few of you said, he decided to do this before that. I understand AEK are struggling to start the season, but this is no time to quit.

I've said this to my AEK Buddies and I trully believe it.

Until AEK (and PAO) gets their own stadium they are going to struggle as a whole..

Every club in the Super League should have their own stadium w/ their fans and traveling fans to follow in order to generate good $$$ towards the club.

I realize that there are MANY more aspects to running the club... But if you don't have a home you're ultimately homeless and a no-one..

Archived