original21

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nightsurfer...

Log out!

Chiotis seems to be to blame...  :unsure:

:)

Ta kala paidia prin pinasoun, magirevoun........

Telos panton.... paixame kala stin Roussia.....alla xasame (one of the strongest team in the UEFA Cup this year....., which was placed in the supposed weakest pot....and we had the chance to get them....... H tixi mas apo edo fanike)......... paixame kala me Lille...... alla xasame...... paixame kai a3ioprepia kai stin Andalusia.... alla pali xasame.....

Kati mas lipi..... tha to vroume ton allon xrono.......

Alla to proto pragma ine :

TERMATOFILAKAS

Xronia kai xronakia....... kai den mboresame na vroume mia lisi ...se afto to provlima.....

Kai edo pou ta leme.... to deutero Goal apo thn LIlle den trogete apo toso lo3o Angona.....kurie Mixailidi.... oute to Goal pou efage sto Xarilaou....den trogete......

Gia ton Xioti (There is nothing much to say anymore):...

I thought I'd share this with you all. After reading a wrap-up article on goal.com about the AEK-Sevilla match, I wrote and emailed to the editor expressing my views. Here's what I wrote and the fast and nice reply below;

To whom it may concern,

I was dismayed to read the article about the recent uefa cup match between Seville and AEK Athens.

It was described that AEK Athens are whipping boys.

Whipping boys? I disagree with this description. In much contrast to that they are very far from it as compared to other clubs in europe.

In spite of almost going bankrupt, battling high financial difficulties, the exodus of skilled players, and are in the process of rebuilding, AEK Athens remains a decent and strong football club.

Regards

Response:

Thanks for your e-mail and your interest in Goal.com - and sorry the Uefa Cup wrap upset you. The problem with wraps is they are inevitably superficial and sometimes a throwaway line is used where time is at a premium. We're all guilty of it on occasion, but in his defence I'd point out that the writer was commenting purely on the status of the Uefa Cup group, in which AEK are bottom, and not on AEK in general.

I actually wrote an earlier preview and made the contrast between their Uefa Cup situation and their superb Greek domestic form. Unfortunately, too, my Athens-based contributor, Michael Paterakis, was supplying a match report on the Sevilla-AEK clash which would have been well balanced, but technical problems hit us and his report couldn't get through the ether!

Let me also make three further points:

* What AEK have achieved this season, against all the odds, is remarkable;

* I am planning an editorial feature on the Athens clubs because while we all know about AEK, Olympiakos and Pana, many non-Greeks have only just found out about Panionios, Egaleos and others.

* From a personal point of view, while I am English and based in UK, I had friends who lived in Nea Philadelphia, quite lose to the AEK ground, and I have a soft spot for them.

Anyway, we will be redressing the balance in our coverage over the coming weeks.

Thanks again for your interest, and kind regards.

Chief Editor International

Goal.com

B)

Archived