Phantis Forums

Who do you think is PAO's best striker ?

HOLLYWOOD

This is not one on the highlight reels but essential to a good team. without him we would be down with AEK now.

you should understand the game is complex at the proffesional level, and a forward is not judged by a statistic. there are hundreds of players to replace what Papadopoulos does, an easy quick finishing role in comparison to the very few that can replace Michali's technical ability and strength up top.

Lets not go too far now. We wont be at AEKs level as their really in a mess now and I doubt one player can make such a difference. They have off field problems as well.

AND...I seriously doubt we can find players like Papa around that easy. If than why dont we start Demba week in and week out....according to that we can give hima go and see if he can score tap ins.

And I also agree with Evergreen....van Nistelrooy is a six yard player, and by that I mean he scores alot of goals in the 6 yard box, but no one at Old Trafford dare to criticise him, and he is known as one of the most lethal forwards in Europe. Im not saying to compare Ruud and Pap, but they are similar and I use that word loosely here players. Its timing your runs into the box, reading the play, and a hell of alot of off the ball running, in between markers, running onto flicks or through balls, and knowing precisely where the goals are even with your back towards them.

There called poachers, and as Evergreen did say it is called a texnh. It is a technique not all of us can pick up. The easy part is to tap the ball in from an empty net, the hard part is timing your run and positioning yourself so you can be the one to put the goal in the back of the net. And it is a team effort boys, whatever happens on the field is a collective effort for PAO so if Pap is scoring goals from right in front no keeper and Mihalis is putting Pap in those positions, than Im happy!

I have a piece of interesting statistic for you Evergreen. This will also show us how good your football knowledge is. Drogba, plays for Marseille and probably the revelation of Champions League this season so far.

Top Scorer with 5 goals - should I say equal top scorer.

Yet also he has commited the most fouls in the competition - 21 fouls in 6 games.

Remember when you told me Konstantinou is 2nd in the Greek League for fouls commited - does this mean Drogba is also an "average" if you will striker.

Lol

Heres the article...http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/Stati...tics/index.html

:whistle: :whistle:

once again im gunna use the example of mutu....not comparing, just using an example...he has not scored THAT many goals this season but the reason why he does start every game is because he plays hard, work his ass off, opens spaces, hold the ball well, help the team offesively and is more thewn capable of scoring goals...if the team is winning and konstanitou is helping it win, then there should be no reaso n why he shouldnt play....

I have a piece of interesting statistic for you Evergreen. This will also show us how good your football knowledge is. Drogba, plays for Marseille and probably the revelation of Champions League this season so far.

Top Scorer with 5 goals - should I say equal top scorer.

Yet also he has commited the most fouls in the competition - 21 fouls in 6 games.

Remember when you told me Konstantinou is 2nd in the Greek League for fouls commited - does this mean Drogba is also an "average" if you will striker.

Lol

Heres the article...http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/Stati...tics/index.html

:whistle: :whistle:

Well, when you put it that way all I can say is that if Maxalakh had scored 5 goals as well I wouln't even bring up the fact that he commits alot of fouls. Fact is that he hasn't even scored 5 in the league in 19 games as opposed to Drogba's 5 in 6 games in the CL!

does that answer your question? :D

once again im gunna use the example of mutu....not comparing, just using an example...he has not scored THAT many goals this season but the reason why he does start every game is because he plays hard, work his ass off, opens spaces, hold the ball well, help the team offesively and is more thewn capable of scoring goals...if the team is winning and konstanitou is helping it win, then there should be no reaso n why he shouldnt play....

Konstantinou as opposed to Mutu doesnt create chances. If anything, Papa's style is more simular to that of Mutu and the other fact is that he has already scored 13 goals for Chelsea in all competitions. He may have a drought now, but Konstaninou has been having one all season and last.

I think we'd all agree that a fit Manoli with Pap will be much more lethal upfront. Mixalakh would be good to come off the bench to give either of them a rest or play when they are injured or suspended.

I'd say that should settle it. :tup:

ps I have gone a long way compromising that Konstantinou should get a place on the bench, so I think you guys should appreciate my arrogance taking a step back and raise a white flag to my just arguements :lol:

No offence Evergreen, and I really dont want to piss you off, but I just dont see Manoli and Pap been a lethal pairing. Mihali and Manoli yes, Mihali and Pap yes, but Manoli and Pap....I think they would get in each others way, and I think Manoli would be way too selfish for Paps liking.

And when Manoli does come back after injury, which he may even do this weekend, he has to fight for his spot in the 11.

Anywaz, whats wrong with the current partnership at the moment.

:whistle:

Well, when you put it that way all I can say is that if Maxalakh had scored 5 goals as well I wouln't even bring up the fact that he commits alot of fouls. Fact is that he hasn't even scored 5 in the league in 19 games as opposed to Drogba's 5 in 6 games in the CL!

does that answer your question? 

Yes, you have got me there and I am red faced...but my point is both strikers according to your arguement both commit alot of fouls and break down the attack. And Mihalis has scored 6 goals this season, in like 20 odd games...lol.

I was just saying that even top goalscorers commit fouls as well. We know Mihalis isnt a top goalscorer, thats prolly wat the whole arguement is about.

Actually, I have a question for u Evergreen. What did you think of when PAO signed Mihalis Konstantinou 3 yrs ago? What were your thoughts back than when you first heard of it?

I was delirious with joy when we signed him and I thought he did quite well in his 1st season but ever seince then he has been really dissapointing. I could agree that we can all have a bad season one year, but he has not been much better this year amd I have lost complete faith in him. In the beggining of the season I was saying that he needs to score at least 15 goals but he's a long way away from that now. He's missed 12 chances I think of which if he had scored half he'd be sitting pretty now with 10 goals and no one would complain.

I agree with Evergreen for saying that Pap is a better striker than Mihalaki. I don't think that Mihalaki is garbage though, but finishing is the most important job of a striker. Pap takes the chances that he has and turns them into goals. I think that the best striker in the world is Raul because you can go the whole game without hearing his name and then he gets his one chance and turns it into a goal. It is just incredible to see him to that game in game out. :nw:

no manoli and Pap is a bad combo. you need to have a supporting forward or an anchoring forward, aka Konstantinou. if anyone is a great player to have off the bench its Manoli. Manoli is a shotgun burst of energy and speed which come the second half would be far more lethal

You do have a valid point Drako but at the end of the day it's a matter of opinion of the format a coach wants his attack to have.

I would definately prefer to speedy strikers that continuesly change positions and drag their man markers wide opening up the centre of defence than having a big man upfront that holds* 1 or 2 players...

Anyway, whatever choice Shum makes, let's hope it works out.

*no pun intended for the offensive fouls :D

Archived