Omonoia9
Premium Members-
Posts
15,855 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
86
Everything posted by Omonoia9
-
Yeah, when the ethniki came here to America, they played Nigeria in Chester, Pennsylvania just outside Philadelphia, and then Bolivia in Harrison, New Jersey just outside New York City. I was able to go to both, and while the Philly Greeks and the New York Greeks both represented well, it wasn't about outdoing each other, it was about outdoing the Nigerian and Bolivian fans, which we did in both cases. Now obviously this is different as these are both true away games at Australia, but come on. In my outside perspective as a Greek-American that has never been to Australia, I always had the impression that Melbourne was Greeker than Sydney, but I won't pretend to know that with any certainty.
-
Well after a heartbreaking loss in Sydney, the ethniki give it another go in Melbourne against the same Australia team they just lost to. I see ausgreek started two threads with the same title below, I suggest we merge them into this. I would do it myself as a mod, but this section is out of my jurisdiction.
-
CYPRUS 1 Giorgallidis(GK) 2 Stylianou 3 Merkis 6 Laban 5 Charalambous 4 Laifis 8 Kyriakou 11 Sotiriou 7 Artymatas 10 Alexandrou 9 Charalambides(Captain) BENCH 12 Panagi(GK) 13 Michael(GK) 14 Christoforou 19 Aloneftis 22 Antoniadis 16 Nikolaou 15 Charalambous 21 Christofi 17 Economides 20 Makris 18 Englezou Manager: Christakis Christoforou(CYP)