Phantis Forums

PSG v Panathinaikos

Morphi

Hi there!

Ok I don't know if you are all aware of this so I decided to create this topic as this will be a special game. In terms of football, the Greek team is qualified and Paris must win to get through.

However, things in Paris are much more complicated than that. I currently live in Paris so I know what is going on here.

Two weeks ago, a Parisian fan got killed after the defeat againt Tel Aviv. The game was a nightmare itself for PSG which lost 4-2 after being 2 nil down after 15 minutes. The stadium was not full but 70% of the crowd was made of jewish people supporting Hapoel (some of them were asking fans of both teams!).

Anyway, after the game, violence spread all around the stadium, a policemen who wanted to defend a Tel Aviv shot two "hooligans" and killed one of them.

Since then, the tension is high around the team. On Thursday, despite playing away from home, the PSG players were insulted and threatened by their own fans.

This sunday was supposed to be another home game against Toulouse but the authorities have decided to cancel the game.

I am suppose to go to the game and I'm wondering if I should. Last time Greek teams played in Paris, it went mental as far as I was told. When AEK came, troubles occured with people from Gate 21 and members of the Kop of Boulogne. Worse happened in 94 when more than 1000 hooligans (!!) from Paris tried to attack the Gate 4 suppoters after the PSG - PAOK game.

The point of this message is highlight the high tension in Paris and the fact that the game may well be cancelled too. The Paris ultra fans asked that they wanted to cancel the Toulouse game in order to "prepare the game against Panathinaikos". I don't want to imagine what "prepare" is suppose to mean...

Anyway, regarding football, PSG is dreadful this season, being 14th in the league and out of the League Cup. They have some good players which is a bit strange. A number of players have played or were at the World Cup: Kalou (Ivory Coast), Landreau (France), Pauleta (Portugal), Rozenhal. Yepes is a good defender and they have a few young players which look great: Chantome, Drame and Mulumbu. One of their striker - Frau -is suspended for 2 months in France but can play in Europe.

To sum up, PSG will either play great football or will be another joke.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point of this message is highlight the high tension in Paris and the fact that the game may well be cancelled too. The Paris ultra fans asked that they wanted to cancel the Toulouse game in order to "prepare the game against Panathinaikos". I don't want to imagine what "prepare" is suppose to mean...

The game will be played in an empty stadium.

Very interesting indeed.

PSG has been known to have the most violent fans in France, in an otherwise relatively "tame" championat, compared to Greece.

Saint Germain has many minorities, mostly North African, who are in tension at the moment.

Morphi, are you going to the game?

I hope many PAO fans make it to Paris, from France, Germany, Belgium, England. :gr:

PEACE

where did u read that?

where did u read that?
Supersport.gr

where did u read that?
Supersport.gr
Give us the link please because I cant find them saying it anywhere.

Very interesting indeed.

PSG has been known to have the most violent fans in France, in an otherwise relatively "tame" championat, compared to Greece.

Saint Germain has many minorities, mostly North African, who are in tension at the moment.

Morphi, are you going to the game?

I hope many PAO fans make it to Paris, from France, Germany, Belgium, England.  :gr:

PEACE

Yes, Paris have the most notorious hooligan firm in France with various generations starting from the last 80s. Most of these fans are gathered in the terrace called "Boulogne" which is hosted by the first ultra group, the "Boulogne Boys". Around the hooligans, you can find various individuals linked with nationalist or faschist ideas: Skinheads, young members of the French National Front etc...

On the other hand, you have the terrace called "auteuil" with various ultra groups made of youth from the suburbs. These people are mostly black or from arabic origin which did create tension in the past, with "Boulogne" (ironically enough, one small group called "Karsud" are linked with Boulogne but are located in Auteuil).

Anyway, as you said, the French league is boring. Lyon is dominating the league and no team seems to be able to stop them. Tavlaridis' squad - Losc - are their challengers at the moments but don't have the depth to stop them.

The big guns like PSG, Marseille or Monaco are not consistent enough to win the league again.

Regarding your question, I still really don't know. We will see what happens tonight after the supporter's demonstration.

I really do hope that the Greek fans will not repeat the mistakes that some Tel Aviv supporter did: booing the French anthem, singing anti-PSG songs, provocating the ultras etc...

things were going so well for PAO and now theyre looking bad....PSG really need the win, but id love nothing more than to see PAO kick them out.

if we can get back in form and go out there determined to play well i can see a 1-1 or a 2-0 win for PAO...

but I hope for Paris theres no incidents. Gate 13 would thrash them, but of what i know of french its likely if theres fighting the french will just surrender. so BOOOO le marsellaise!!! Paris is a garbage-dump!!!

Booing any National Anthem is low class and pathetic... :tdown:

It reflects negatively not only on PAO, but on all Greeks and Greece! :gr:

I really hope our PAO fans will show better judgement.

Let's win on the field, that is the best beating of all!!! :tup:

PAO needs this, to rebound.

Go PANATHA!

PEACE

things were going so well for PAO and now theyre looking but I hope for Paris theres no incidents. Gate 13 would thrash them, but of what i know of french its likely if theres fighting the french will just surrender. so BOOOO le marsellaise!!! Paris is a garbage-dump!!!

Take your prozac, mate.

It might be funny to play the cyber hooligan but if I wouldn't say too much bollocks especially about PSG and some of their supporters.

Ask members of Gate 4 or Gate 21 when they came over to France.

The problem is that it is not the Gate 13 that will suffer from the tension of the game with all the policing but the regular fans who will have their Greek flags.

where did u read that?
Supersport.gr
Give us the link please because I cant find them saying it anywhere.
Sorry file, I made a mistake, they are considering banning fans:

http://www.supersport.gr/default.asp?aid=115389

Take your prozac, mate.

It might be funny to play the cyber hooligan but if I wouldn't say too much bollocks especially about PSG and some of their supporters.

Ask members of Gate 4 or Gate 21 when they came over to France.

The problem is that it is not the Gate 13 that will suffer from the tension of the game with all the policing but the regular fans who will have their Greek flags.

Well, you may have apoint there and the PSG hools might ry to pick individial PAO fans. I'm quite sure though that everyone now knows what has happend and they should cover any club colours they have until they join up with the majority of PAO fans. We'll most probably congregate at the Eiffel Tower and head to the stadium together. I reallt can't see them teasing too much trouble with a mass of 500-600 PAO fans.

Monday 4 December 2006

Announcement:

P.S.G. - Panathinaikos

With reference to the tickets for the game to France; PAO, Paris Saint Germain, French Police & UEFA are asking for the following information from ALL travellers to Paris.

Full Name, Nationality, Passport/I.D. card number, Date of arrival/departure to France, Way of travelling with flight/train numbers, Name & address of Hotel in Paris.

Unless I have the requested information by Tusday night so I can fax it to Panathinaikos Wed morning, we will not get any tickets.

Myself and another person will be responsible for all the party. You must know that French Police are adamant to keep any short of trouble out of the game, they have said that they will be prepared to arrest anyone who may be a nuisance or become provocator in any way.

PLEASE MAKE SURE WE DO NOT PAY FOR THE PROBLEMS THEY HAD AFTER THEIR LAST HOME GAME !!!

Please Email me with the requested info ASAP.

A. Moros

http://www.palefip.co.uk/news.php

Archived