Phantis Forums

Julio Cesar

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

Julio Cesar puts AEK first

Despite grabbing the lion's share of headlines for AEK Athens FC in recent weeks, free-scoring forward Juilo Cesar says he would gladly take a back seat on Wednesday as long as his team complete their UEFA Champions League qualification at RSC Anderlecht.

Goalscoring streak

AEK only need to improve on LOSC Lille Metropole's result away to AC Milan to secure second place in Group H, a scenario that owns much to the Brazilian's winning strike in the 1-0 triumph over the Serie A giants last time out. Not content with that, though, the No. 99 followed up with all four goals as the Yellows saw off Egaleo FC 2-1 and Ionikos F 2-0 in their last two domestic outings. "Like everyone, I want to score in each match, but the most important thing is the team," he said. "It doesn't matter who scores - what matters is who wins."

"Faith in ourselves"

The Greek side are yet to triumph on their travels at this level, but a record of ten victories in eleven games in all competitions has filled them with belief. They could also afford to lose, if Lille suffer the same fate at San Siro. But all thoughts are only of winning, and Juilo Cesar sees himself as just one of a number of players who might make a difference. He added: "We're doing well at the moment and a lot of my team-mates have had chances to score. Because of that, we have faith in ourselves and we're confident we'll have a good game."

Frontline role

Leading the assists chart in Greece, the 26-year-old could easily turn provider too, but coach Lorenzo Serra Ferrer appears likely to ask him to partner Nikolaos Liberopoulos in attack, rather than patrol the left wing in his usual role. After all, it was Julio Cesar who struck AEK's equaliser at home to Anderlecht in September's 1-1 stalemate. Matchday 2's tight encounter has taught him to take the Belgian side seriously. "It's true they've conceded in every game, but we're not thinking about that," he explained. "They're a big team with a great stadium and we'll have to be fully focused."

Promised land

In a valuable example of how quickly fortunes can change, the former Fluminense FC man was booed when the sides met after missing a straightforward chance. "That's part of football," he encountered. "It's impossible to be at your best when you play so many games, but I just do my best to help my colleagues." If current form is anything to go by, Juilo Cesar's best could well deliver AEK into the promised land of the last 16.

• 1 year later...

Kai a3izei na perimenei.....na fygei nyxta o Cesar....einai poly ligos yia thn AEK. Etsi pisteuw me tetoious paixtes dyskoleuoume na paroume koupes. Den a3izei 8esh basiko....kai sta megala derby xanetai poly eukola. Exei mono to aristero tou podi kai apla kanei thn idia kinish ka8e fash.

To 8ema einai apla...yia ta lefta pou pairnei, kalytera na ton afhsoume eleu8ero kai na dwsoume th 8esh tou se ena pitsiriki ellina...

• 3 weeks later...

With

-- the rights of Maduca bought last summer,

-- Pappas still young and able to work up his skills and improve,

-- Ramos covering the Right wing more often than playing back in defence (and provided Serra has plans for a right defender soon) and pushing Pappas and Madica to the left more often ...

-- Possiblity of a Left Winger Signing in Plans for the next summer (as now they say they go for a Defensive Midfielder and a Striker) ...

-- and a healthy Lagos...

(while I dont mention the possibility of finally keeping Manu)

I dont see many chances of AEK keeping Julio Cezar

oh ok, thanks for informing me, i dont know why that happened.

Try photobucket instead of the service you're using now.

My avy (which is a gif btw) has been hyperlinked enough and they don't seem to go menstrual over it ... :P :D

anyways back on topic, he could stay for all I care, but for less money, which won't happen. He's decent, but we should be looking up!

• 3 weeks later...

He is good but not for a starter. If i had to choose between Manu and Cezar i will pick Cezar because he is a more complete player. But i agree with everyone else he is getting slow and we do have some young players to cover for him like Papas, Tozer and even Hetemai. So if we keep him for the same money or less it will be great if not "Thank you for the memories and the great goal against Milan".

• 2 months later...

Not so sad to see him leave. He didn't do anything this year or for us. He will defenetly be rembered for the goal against A.C Milan in th CL. I wish him luck where ever he goes. Rumors are that he might be going to PAOK!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived