Phantis Forums

Julio Cesar

AEKARA-YIA-PANTA

• 7 months later...

AEK can find many players at the level of Cezar. The problem with those levels of players is that when one leaves its quite hard to bring in even a better one that will immediatelly fit to the mentality of the team and coach.

Cezar helped us.

I hope we are lucky in replacing him

Its really too bad.

unfortunately, we want to buy players and get them for no money which really cannot happen.

Ivic is travelling around scouting players but all the guys he scouts (and we try out) are all out of our price range... (are we not wasting money by sending ivic around to look at players we cannot afford?)

I was hoping we would get that Finnish player... Sounded like he could make an immediate impact and was young enough to build for the future as well....

I just hope if they spend the money the buy players they dont just buy to buy. I would rather them hold off for the christmas transfer season and save the $$$ and spend wiser during the summer transfer season.

Things look good now and making a bad assumption, but if we make the CL for next year, we will need real players for europe - not bandaids.

Remember people its not completely over....plus we can't forget that everything we here comes from the newspapers that are taken out of context, plus they are interested in making things seem dire.

Until AEK makes an official announcement i won't believe anything.

Remember over the summer, Katsouranis had signed to three different teams. We all know the result of those rumors.

If AEK had a ###### brain nowhere...Soares and Lakis aren't what we need for up front..And neither is the Ukrainian guy, I forget his name..Probably because I didn't hear it at all the other day when he played..

• 2 weeks later...

My feeling is that he was not going to be signed when we were looking at all the other alternatives... but since all other leads proved to be way too costly they signed him to ensure that the team would not be getting any worse... I like him and I am glad he is staying. no matter how they did it.

Good news for AEK, keeping a stable roster and allowing the team to gell leads to success!! It is better to keep our players rather than change the squad every time the transfer window opens, although a wing back would be good!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

• 10 months later...

Julio Cezar

He has been playing well lately, scoring some fantastic free kicks ( the one against Milan the most important), putting away the penalties last week, scoring in open play (two very important goals against Appollon (a great goal) and against Anderlect) as well as setting up goals all the time.

His general play and determination in my opinion is what has let him down slightly in the past. However, this year i believe under Ferrer he has turned a corner, is putting in maximum effort and is playing with all his heart for the Yellow and Black of AEK.

Lots of supporters, especially associated with Original seem to hate him, and on his performances a few seasons ago, i didnt think he was that good.

Im just wondering what everyone thinks of him, his future with AEK, how he is playing and whether everyone has started to warm to him as a son of AEK!!!

In my opinion he has been excellent this season, has tried really hard, is scoring, setting up goals and causing great headaches on the left (especially in Europe).

Does anyone know how many goals he has scored?? Europe and Greece ?? it would be +10 im sure.

He does have the tendancy to play a bad patch here or there, but i feel he is giving all and is a crucial part of our team along with Lyb, Cirillo and Sorrentino.

Bravo Cezar, you have earnt my respect as a player, continue how you are going and i think you will gain everyones!!

I think he is a great asset to AEK and has definitely shown his abilities this season.

I was always a fan of him because i saw a lot of potential. What i think the difference between this season and the past two is that Ferrer has allowed him to play free and attack the way he naturally plays.

Not to compare Santos against Ferrer but the style of the team this season greatly fits Cesar. Santos was very cautious with his attack and never allowed players to run the pitch in an attacking manner.

Ferrer plays a full offensive game in the sense that he allows his forwards to move up. He leaves the defense to the back line and Ziko. I dont think that Santos trusted the defense enough to let his forwards play higher up and press.

Cesar needed the freedom to play up front freely and he gets that under Ferrer.

As for his free kicks he always had that ability and with Ivic out he has been given the opportunity to shine in that respect. If Ivic was in who knows if cesar would have taken that free kick against Milan.

Anyway, Bravo Cesar!!!!

Cesar has undenialable talent, I just wish he was more consistent. This season he has been a lot more and that has shown from his goal total. He still however makes some decisions that make you really scratch your head. If you saw the Milan game, on 2 occasions before he scored the free kick, he tried to do these ridiculous backheels that gave the ball away that made me want to scream at him. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player, I just wonder if he will be able to keep it up without making the kinds of mistakes that will hurt your team.

Cezar just scored 2 more goals against Ionikos!!!

He just cant stop scoring.

Both were set up by Lakis!!

Hopefully Cezar can score a few against Anderlect and send us through to the next round!!!!

Bravo Cezar!!!

Archived