Phantis Forums

chaidari-aek

slick13

I watched the second half of this game and I have to say, having turned the TV on in the middle, and not knowing there was a game on, I thought ERTsat was playing an old game from the 1980's.

When I realized it was a live game I was shocked. This AEK performance was worst than last year's performance of Pao against Ergotelis!

Aek had no beginning and no end. Each player just took the ball and run around until they lost it. Chaidari looked the part: a small team, huddled on defense and venturing forward whenever they could. The individual effort by the Chaidari players was valiant, and they gave 100% on the field.

Towards the end of the game AEK did nothing but lob the ball into Chaidari box, but the defenders never panicked. After Chaidari was left with 10 players I thought it was over and I almost turned the tv off to go do some work. AEK had no clear mind though and Chaidari looked the more collected team on the field. Later, when Chaidari was left with 9 players I thought for sure they would not be able to resist the remaining 20 minutes. Yes, AEK played against 9 players for 17 minutes!

Well, what do you know. Even two men down, they run around like crazy while AEK players kept lobbing the ball from midfield. It was ridiculous. While AEK was panicked, Chaidari fought cramps, injuries, and fatigue to bring the game to penalty shots.

A win well deserved for Chaidari. They gave it all on the pitch and they deserved this win.

As for AEK, I hope they bounce back, and they can focus on the superleague exclusively now. Like drakos13 said, it happens.

I begin to like this cup format, and I look forward to more small teams upsetting big teams.

Hats off to Chaidari.

A shock result for Chaidari, good job to them.

As for AEK, complacency, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

It might be a good thing though, we have the Superleague to focus on, as well as europe.

As far as what Olympiakosboy said, i honestly dont think they will be thinking about what they should have done etc...

Of course they care, but they'll will learn from it, but i dont think this game was at the top of their priorities.

Anyway, poor performance by AEK, lack of creativity killed us again. As long as we can beat Larissa on the weekend it doesnt really matter.

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

This particuliar result is worse than it seems everyone

It's almost like a "double-edged swrod"

The good thing about it is that AEK no longer have to worry about another match in another competion this year and can concentrate on UEFA (if they make it) or the protathlima...

The bad thing about this is that AEK used some starters for this match and they didn't do SQUAT! Also finacially this could cost the team some serious money. Don't know the details of what EPO does for teams that pregress and so forth but if it's a good chunk of change...... Well they missed that one then.

So! This is both bad and good for the club, I look at it more towards bad than anything.

I would expect upset to lets say a German or Italian or English Cup matches not Greek.. The "top" Greek teams always dominate and this was un-called for...

:tdown:

AEK's been eliminated by smaller teams in the Greek Cup quite a few times in the last 20 years.....It makes me scratch my head. Anyway, Go AEKARA in the Champions League.....

Verry bad resulst for us but i also think tha it my have "helped us" and i will explain why. We are not ready as a team to compet in 3 events, Kupello,Prota8lima,and UEFA so now we can focus on the other 2 and hope we do good. If we advance to the next round of Chmpions League or even go to the UEFA that will be very good for our team and more money from what we would have gotten from EPO for the Kypello. And ofcourse we are still in the running for the Prota8lima so our young players and old could focus there and not have to worry about the Kypello. But again BAD result. It's ok FORZA AEKARA thn kyriakh with Larisa.

Well, a very bad night for AEK...

I hope they learn a lot from it

Keep the teasing coming in! LOL We can take it ...  :rolleyes:

Only cos ur used to it :P
There are a million things to say back to those who tease us mate ...

Especially Oly and PAO .... LOL

And ON THE CERTAIN SUBJECT....

Like Real, Man Utd, etc always doing similar results in their countries ... all around the world.

On the othe hand Oly and PAO must be world champions in the low number of similar results ...

Wow! We were all wrong ...! Thay must be the best clubs inthe Universe after all!

LOL

Dont get me started on PAOK .... ;)

So go on ... as I said ... we can take it and for a change the team WILL learn from it rather than other teams tacktics....

Enjoy your teasing...

who care swho haidari beat or lost too. the point is that AEk lost to them. AEK who is tryin to beat AC Milan to advance in the CL.

Last year when PAO lost to Ergotelis in the cup, oly fans and AEk fans were all over us.

Ergotelis wasnt as bad as Haidari is though.

So Let us gloat at ur suffering a bit. Thank you.

im sorry but if ur an AEK fan how did u make us suffer?

i seem to recall that PAO has been the one making AEK suffer in recent years.

just because u finished in front last year doesnt mean u made us suffer.

besides, im happy that pao didnt finish 2nd cuz i like to see AEK in the cl. its nice to have a change sometimes.

although it seems to me that AEk has been makin AEK suffer in recent years.

not qualify for the uefa last year against Zenit.

lose to ionikos two years ago at home with two games left and lose the first two spots.

when u did qualify for the uefa in 2004-- u lost four out of four.

and u lose to haidari in the cup...

we did nothing to make u suffer, u made urself suffer.

its just normal that when a team loses, the fans from rival teams pick on them. if u have to attack on an unfound basis thats fine too.. but u did lose to haidari so it is possible u might be dizzy.

Archived