Phantis Forums

Winter Transfers

cyberfish

The winter transfer period is less than one month away, so today ERAsport reported that PAO will move to acquire one forward and one defender, but the reporter did not go into any specifics.

We need players, especially on offense where only Salpigidis, Papadopoulos, and Mantzios are the only pure forwards. Victor can play on offense, but he has done such a good job in midfield that I am not sure if he can be replaced there.

On defense, we definitely need a RFB. Vintra showed some improvement and Nilsson seems shaky defending skilled wingers (although his push forward has been impressive last two games).

Also, there is more talk about Biscan departing, but I don't see him dropping his fat contract easily.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vintra and Biscan should let go and be replaced by better players. They're NOT of PAO caliber. Also, I think we need 2 defenders that we'll work with the present gang and be part of the system. Darlas and Goumas and I predict Seric won't be with us for long.

I still believe that our defense is not as good as the solid defense PAO used to have--and it was our strong base to fight the big euro teams successfully. We make too many mistakes in the back and even Thrasyvoulos players were very threatening the other day!

As for offense, we may need one more stricker, though I still think our offensive line should get more feeds and support from the midfield.

Guest NIKO1908

PAO defense wasn't doing well with Thrasyvoulos b/c they had halfs subs in

As for Morris... He plays like an American college kid... way too many mistakes..

Only recently has he improved a little.. He should of been replaced before this season

Goumas is getting old...

Darlas is awesome... He's young but he lets no one by him from the sides... He's also tall and we need height back there... for example Goumas is like 5 foot somthing.. he had to pull on Konstantinos shirt to hold him down bc he couldnt out jump him.. (penalty could have been called on that)

if any players do come in i really hope there GREEK!!!!!! no more foreigners

i agree with u but to be honest theres not much talent out there that will fit pao's standards and weakness's....

name someone that could b our new RB or DMC thats Greek, i cant really think of anyone thats really good enough?

ti gnomi exete gia ton Makridi tou APOEL?

ton eida perisi se filiko pou peksame kai mou arese arketa....

no more cypriots!

they do not reach their max at pao!(or is not better)

mpidis was good!! ;)

no more cypriots!

mpidis was good!! ;)
He only become good towards the end....

did u guys forget the first two standard/crappy years?? ;)

did u guys forget the first two standard/crappy years??

No but i am sure under Munoz he would be one of our best players.

With no good coach and no good psychology it is understandable that he had problems same as all others. I mean gonzi didnt do much either in the past time.

no more cypriots!

How can you generalise like that? If Cypriots don't play well in Greece at all then you can say that generally they don't adapt well to the Greek league but they seem to do well at other clubs... is there some curse surrounding PAO and Cypriot players? Treat each case individually, and by doing that you'll see Makridis is very talented. His skill is fantastic, his pace is impressive and he is creative. He can be a bit greedy sometimes and he does need to refine his game but he is young and PAO could do with developing young players like him because in the future he could be a dangerous weapon!

Here's a little compilation of what he is capable of:

I could only find 2 goals of his on Youtube but they are both stunning and show his strengths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6ecQwUrME...ME&search=APOEL

3 new players is all we need...

Striker = AGRITIS (Aigleo)

Defender = A.PAPADOPOULOS (Aris)

R.Defender = TOROSIDIS (Xanthi)

all greek, and probably the best greek prostpects out there...

Agritis is no way good enough for PAO

Avraam Papadopoulos is a player id love to replace Vyntra with...

no more cypriots!

mpidis was good!! ;)

did u guys forget the first two standard/crappy years?? ;)

he was only hear a year and a half, his first half sucked but the next year he improved a lot, and was the assist leader for the league last year. Hes not a bad option by anymeans, he definitly deserves a chance and to be evaluated by Munoz in my opinion.

ANd the key in my opinion is Munoz! Let's not forget that he's coaching a team where he had nothing to do with it just a few weeks ago!

Obviously this guy has been all the differene in our team's performance, and he knows football. I'm sure he's got a few ideas about players he needs or would like to try out. I hope that management doesn't interfere.

no more cypriots!

How can you generalise like that? If Cypriots don't play well in Greece at all then you can say that generally they don't adapt well to the Greek league but they seem to do well at other clubs... is there some curse surrounding PAO and Cypriot players? Treat each case individually, and by doing that you'll see Makridis is very talented. His skill is fantastic, his pace is impressive and he is creative. He can be a bit greedy sometimes and he does need to refine his game but he is young and PAO could do with developing young players like him because in the future he could be a dangerous weapon!

Here's a little compilation of what he is capable of:

I could only find 2 goals of his on Youtube but they are both stunning and show his strengths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6ecQwUrME...ME&search=APOEL

dont know what they say man but Makridis i think is good... i would like see him with trifilli sto stithos!!!

and another player that i like is Xavito... i dont care cuz is ksenos.... Xavito is a BIG talented player!!! i would do anything to come to PAO!!

Archived