Phantis Forums

Iraklis-Pao

HOLLYWOOD

i wouldnt say humbled by aek youth....id say the loss was a failure of bakkes and the physical fitness of the team. clearly the better team was pao in the first half

so no the loss isnt due to aek been better than us...far from it...in fact id go as far as saying we will beat aek in the return...easily (only if certain things are improved within the team)

as for iraklis we will win but we wont keep a clean sheet either

I predict a 1-2 win for pao. Our defense is really vulnerable and tends to do mistakes easilly under pressure. Thank god iraklis is not the team it used to be.

My question is this physical condition issue. I mean how can they be short of breath when they train each day and sometimes twice a day. I could understand Aek being faster than pao, but I can't understand pao walking. Also Salpi, ivansitz and bovio did not do summer preperation with pao. Why are they out of shape as well? I really don't know what's going on but I can't believe it's just the physical condition..

billyzaf, I don't think it was totaly "lack of physical condition" that made the players look tired on the field in the second half.

If you ever played sports you probably know that during pre-season training athletes work hard to build stamina and strength with the goal that one specific date in the future they will be at full form to perform. The whole preparation process involves rigorous exercise (running and weights) and then a period of winding down after which peak performance is possible. During the rigorous exersise period it is impossible to perform at full peak because every muscle is tense and overworked.

During the competitions the players exersise to maintain what they built during pre-season. We did the pre-season training in the middle of the season. I think Pao did not have time to finish the whole program in the past few weeks.

The team had two weeks of building endurance and I think this week will be the "winding-down" period. The players should be much looser by Sunday against Iraklis.

Now the fact that we were supposed to have done this in the summer is a painful story, and I am glad we turned the page.

Munoz is not kidding. After the game on Monday night he packed everyone in the bus and took them to Peania to sleep before the practice next morning. What a change a few weeks make...

I believe in Munoz!!!

let him fix the team... i hope o tzigger na ton afisei kai tou xronou.... pisteueo oti me auton ton proponiti o pao tha ksana gennithei!!!

I believe in Munoz!!!

let him fix the team... i hope o tzigger na ton afisei kai tou xronou.... pisteueo oti me auton ton proponiti o pao tha ksana gennithei!!!

munoz has the attitude of a coach which is needed here... Tzigger is the wildcard we need to rid ourselves from

Iraklis are bound to win some time...

Just remember PAO were humbled against the AEK youth last game so I'm going to say a 2-2 draw... :whistle:

dellas-cirillo-lymberopoulos-sorentino-cesar-emerson :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:and georgeas youth :LOL:

come again!!!

but no matter if we play karditsa-trikala away it will be a very hard match at theese times!

We will be back in 2 weeks and if we by any miracle get 2 wins in a row now it would like a dream come true!

It is very obvious to me, that in the last couple of games, PAO has had the best performance in the very beginning of the games.

That is due to Munioz. His tactics and philosophy are still fresh, and the players are in good enough shape to follow his instructions.

Quick passing, and pressing up front, are very refreshing.

PAO will continue to improve as time goes by.

Munioz is already giving chances to Theodoridis and Leontiou, and they have proven him right. Biscan will be a sub at best.

The ref assistants were horrendous once more, calling many offsides incorrectly against both sides.

Finally Salpi scored again, he was nowhere vs AEK.

The result is fair.

PEACE

KALA TO GKOL HTAN OFFSIDE.......

to oti mas ekopse 3-4 fores me offside pou den itan... auta den ta vlepeis i den se symferei na ta peis?

I tried to post this after the game, so let's see if it works this time....

Good job collecting three points and playing a very good game against a mediocre team.

This Panathinaikos is a different team from last month. Very organized and with players who know what their role is in the game. Munoz has simplified the game and the players seem to be liberated. Sometimes complex schemes confuse players and Munoz has done well to focus on the basics.

Putting Theordoridis in the second half, replacing the invisible Ivanschitz, was a very good move. Theodoridis had some excellent runs and crosses from the left, and along with Salpigidis put a lot of pressure on the Iraklis defense.

It was nice to see our team look very organized during a whole game, and holding an opponent away from our goal. Iraklis had zero chances in the second half. In the second half after we scored Iraklis looked like they were getting the momentum when Munoz put in Biscan in place of the injured Papadopoulos (I hope he is ok) and changed the midfield formation. From a pure 4-4-2 he changed to a 4-5-1 with Romero, Bovio, Biscan (from right to left) with Victor and Theodoridis playing a more attacking role in the midfield. Nice move that locked the game. the three did not let the ball past them, and Victor held the ball nicely up front.

After that, Iraklis did not even get near our penalty area, except with long balls from midfield that Goumas and Morris cleared with ease. During this time we looked dangerous on counter-attack and missed a few good chances.

We missed more tet-a-tet shots in this game than we had the entire season. I think Salpigidis got a little too fancy in two first half chances when he came face to face with Abaris and instead of shooting he cut the ball back towards the penalty area. Both times we missed good chances.

No conditioning problem here. The players run like hell the entire game, and outran Iraklis all the way to the end.

Once again the assistant referees were atrocious. The one assistant on top of the screen I think broke a world record on erroneous calls. I don't think he had any correct calls the entire game, including our own goal where Salpigidis was offsides. Can't they bring assistants from abroad? This is ridiculous. The referee was ok, and spread yellow cards to Romero, Bovio, Victor.

Vintra, Seric, Goumas, and Morris had an excellent game and did not let Iraklis threaten Ebede who had no spectacular saves for the first time this season. Romero had a few good moves but most of the game he was quiet. He helped quite a lot on defense though. Ivanschitz did not do much and I think he does not like to play as a LM. Theodoridis did a great job replacing him. Bovio and Papadopoulos seemed out of sorts, while Victor tidies up the midfield with his quick passes and constant running. Salpigidis was a force up front and fought the entire defense on his own. He scored once, but could have scored at least twice more. Biscan did a good job when he came in holding the ball and plugging in some holes in midfield.

On to Boleslav with some momentum.

Archived