Phantis Forums

Sollied

CH-Thrylos

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it takes quite a while to read the whole interview, but i think it is worth it. sollied seems to have good plans with our team. the building of a new team, searching for talents, optimising the academies, making the right moves at the right time,...

hopefully all his "dreams" will come true and he will be able to lead our team for several years.

From day 1 I've liked this coach. I think that he's great for the club and Kokalis and crew need to invest in this mans Ideas because he can make our club into a more stable and much more powerfull domestically and outside of Greece.

Loved the interview when I saw it and, and it just reassured me of great leadership that we have...

BRAVO THRYLE

From day 1 I've liked this coach.  I think that he's great for the club and Kokalis and crew need to invest in this mans Ideas because he can make our club into a more stable and much more powerfull domestically and outside of Greece.

Loved the interview when I saw it and, and it just reassured me of great leadership that we have...

BRAVO THRYLE

I agree with you, I enjoyed the interview. Sollied seems to be a intelligent person, clear headed, rather realistic as well. He seems to be a solid guy (no pun intended.)

I hope he stays for years to come.

osfp got a really good coach with many good ideas and knowledge about soccer and i believa that he will continue the good work that bajevic started with our team.he is proffesional 100% and has different way of working that most coaches in greece from training to scouting and promoting young players to our team.he needs to be able to continue his work and in a couple of years who knows,we might have a good champions league campaing after all. :tup:

osfp got a really good coach with many good ideas and knowledge about soccer and i believa that he will continue the good work that bajevic started with our team.he is proffesional 100% and has different way of working that most coaches in greece from training to scouting and promoting young players to our team.he needs to be able to continue his work and in a couple of years who knows,we might have a good champions league campaing after all. :tup:

before we praise how good of a coach Sollied is he still needs to take care of business

but i like this mind set and future of the club

hopefully we can find talent both in and outside of Greece

and start building our academies

is there an english version of the interview available anywhere on the web?

(greece and norway just drew each other for the euro 2008 qualification... cool... are you gonna discuss that somewhere?)

yeah i just heard about the draw

it will probably be in the Greek National Team section appropriately

• 7 months later...

some rumours have already started that our management is ready to fire trond sollied if the next results won't be positive. what do you think?

in my oppinion we should keep him or even extend his contract. he did a good job last year and imo we didn't play that bad against valencia, except that our defence cost us the match again in the last minutes (is this really the coaches fault?!). it was a mistake of sollied taking out anatolakis and bringing in cesar and this might have contributed to the loss. but we also don't have to forget that a lot of players were suffering of some injuries during the time before the match.

i hope that our management won't make the mistake and release him already at the start of the season. kokkalis must also learn to take the critics and not just play the gavro by getting the support of the fans with his "kotes", "lagoi", "da pipa" kai m*****es...

he wanted the team to be better in europe this season. but apart from borja and cesar we didn't pay anything for a player.

sollied got more or less the players he wanted, but some didn't come because the management just wanted to get free players. and this is unfortunately the way most of the greek clubs follow.

and btw, i would apreciate it if only osfp supporters would take part at the poll. so to all the other fans, please don't vote. but i would apreciate it if you give us your oppinion too, since we are not the only team where the coach is close to being fired...

i didnt vote...

if yiou fire him i hope he comes to Pao... i think youd be nuts to fire him, but i am hoping for it...

the only thing you have to think about as a gavro is that he really hasnt done more than the previous coaches, which has to make you wonder. if hes any better than Lemounis...

Let's keep him. While his european record is far behind Bajevic, he knows how to win the greek league without pressure. He works methodically, he watches foreign players and he also tests every player that is available to him with properly prepared friendlies and tournaments.

Not only that but he's also one of the few professional coaches in Greece who is totally engaged with football. This means a devotion to his profession. On the contrary, other coaches are mostly businessmen engaged with cafes, shops, gyms and other activities. Besides, he prefers the work with his team than public relations with athletic reporters.

I think his only deficiency is the overconfidence on the defensive abilities of our team. He like the offensive type of playing, and I greatly appreciate that, but in the CL he should be more cautious.

Sokrati mh ginesai bardinotsigkounis kai dwse kanena fragko gia na parei tous paixtes pou 8elei. Oxi na katalhgeis na pairneis ton Ouadou pou htan h teleytaia lysh...

Let's keep him. While his european record is far behind Bajevic, he knows how to win the greek league without pressure. He works methodically, he watches foreign players and he also tests every player that is available to him with properly prepared friendlies and tournaments.

Not only that but he's also one of the few professional coaches in Greece who is totally engaged with football. This means a devotion to his profession. On the contrary, other coaches are mostly businessmen engaged with cafes, shops, gyms and other activities. Besides, he prefers the work with his team than public relations with athletic reporters.

I think his only deficiency is the overconfidence on the defensive abilities of our team. He like the offensive type of playing, and I greatly appreciate that, but in the CL he should be more cautious.

Sokrati mh ginesai bardinotsigkounis kai dwse kanena fragko gia na parei tous paixtes pou 8elei. Oxi na katalhgeis na pairneis ton Ouadou pou htan h teleytaia lysh...

keep on being blind! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

and yes keep him if u are happy with his european record :nw:

and btw according to rumours(from several websites the past days) if u dont win againts ofi-aek and shaktar then he is out!

oh wow i hope they fire him...........

Sollied in my opinion is the greatest coach in Greece- hes really samrt and determined this would be great for PAO if hes gone....

I cant beleive they blame him fro losing to Valencia....guys Valencia always is/was a stronger team than OSFP.....lets not kid around.

in my oppinion we should keep him or even extend his contract. he did a good job last year and imo we didn't play that bad against valencia, except that our defence cost us the match again in the last minutes (is this really the coaches fault?!)

Well I voted no. If Kokkali sack him now then he is a m****pano, there's no other adjective good enough to describe him! However, if we go out of Europe then it might be worth reconsidering the stance at the END of the season. AND THAT DOESNT MEAN SACK HIM, it means consider the situation, i.e. how we went out of Europe, how we do in the league, etc. Personally I believe we need a holding midfielder (should have signed either Basinas, Ze Roberto or Graveson when we had the chance!) <_< , a left back, and 2 centre backs. That shows what I think of our defence! Nonetheless, to answer your question... YES IT IS THE COACHES FAULT!!! The defence is a unit they need to learn to play as such and that the coaches job to instill that! Before Sollied came when did we ever concede 4 at home??? Rosenberg (3), Lyon (4), Valencia (4)... AND WE'VE ONLY PLAYED 4 CL GAMES AT HOME UNDER SOLLIED! Come on dude thats not acceptable. But he has made strides in our attacking system so he needs more time. We cant do what PAO do, a club needs stability!

I think Sollied is an average coach.

-His preseason work doesn't seem to have a positive effect, the state of our defence is the best example of this.

-None of the players we had showed significant improvement under Sollied, with the exception of Castillio who would probably improve anyway.

-His transfers are hit and miss, out of 8-9 players he brought, only 1 proved to be good enough.

-His mentality suits Olympiacos very well, he is positive and wants his team to have the initiative.

-He is quite flexible, knows when to compromise and how to avoid trouble.

-Doesn't panic when things get tough.

-Trusts his players and expects them to cope with any difficulty, this could be very beneficial in the long run.

He is a lot better than a number of phychos we had as coaches in recent years but overall it looks to me that he is a Lemonis with better packaging.

I would really like Anastopoulos in his place next year, but I think we should keep him until the end of the season.

Firing him would be crazy. Castillo has seen many coaches come and go. It took Sollied to make him a starter no other idiot recognized his talent. Bajevic was an idiot the way he treated Castillo. IMHO oly will only keep on improving with time. Also love a coach that can sit in his seat the whole game. Very professional conduct. Hes also good at picking talent. Too bad Kokkalis wont put out the money to pick up his first choices.

I didn't vote so just giving my opinion. I think Oly would be dum to fire him. He shows he has drive and means business. It's unbelievable, is there a curse on coaches that come to greece and everyone expects them to perform miracles or walk on water?.

Greece isn't a competitive league and that's what makes our teams suffer and fail beyond the borders.

Firing him would be crazy. Castillo has seen many coaches come and go. It took Sollied to make him a starter no other idiot recognized his talent. Bajevic was an idiot the way he treated Castillo. IMHO oly will only keep on improving with time. Also love a coach that can sit in his seat the whole game. Very professional conduct. Hes also good at picking talent. Too bad Kokkalis wont put out the money to pick up his first choices.

with alefantos and protasov castillo was in the first 11 nearly evryweek that season

Archived