Phantis Forums

Victor Munoz is our new coach

slick13

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the problem exactly....

What we need in Greek soccer everyone is "stability"

If it begins at the coaching level or at the player or even at the managerial level that's what Greek soccer needs.

All of us as fans should back this sort of comming into Greek soccer and we should all respect the individual that's taking omn this task..

You all know that there's not that much talent that wants to make it at the managerial level here in Greece so no-matter what take what you get and make the most of it..

GOOD LUCK!

I am watching Athlitiki Kiriaki and Kritis is reporting that most likely Munoz will be the coach. He will sign a contract until the end of the year with an option to renew for another year.

He will bring his own assistant, but Velits will probably stay with the team to serve from another post.

He will also bring his own conditioning coach named La Puente (or something like that).

Speaking of conditioning coach, something that was burried in the news all these months is the fact that Bake had his own conditioning coach who could not join Panathinaikos until mid-October. Of course, now that Bake is gone, he will not join the team either.

I hope for the stability of your team, that he stays longer than xmas... but unfortunately, I dont think he will be around for too long... Greeks have no patience for 4 year plans... See my other posts on Bakke. Thats my feeling toward this guy as well...

You guys need some stability to build up your team... unfortunately, your management keeps holding you back...

The thing with Munoz is that he has never coached a team that has played for a league championship. I think PAO needed a coach that can handle the presure of a team that is challenging for a championship not a coach with a small team mindset. Dusco was by far the best option for PAO and with a little more presure Tzigger would have signed him.

Victor Munoz is a very good coach. I remember watching the semifinal game in April of 2006 for the Spanish cup of Real Zaragosa vs Real Madrid 6-1. That team of Zaragoza played like the cat and Real the mouse. I had never seen Real Madrid raped so bad before. If this coach brings some of this magic to PAO we will watch a different brand of soccer. I am impressed with what he did with Zaragoza taking the team twice to the cup Final in 2004 and 2006. Its the equivalent of taking Kalamaria or Ionikos to the cup final twice in three years.

PAO has not had a decent coach in over a decade, since Ivica Osim. Besides this guy was a great player with 60 Spanish Caps, two World Cups and two Euros and many titles with Barcelona. Good Luck to him and I hope PAO players step it up and play to their full potential or at least justify their huge salaries.

im not really sure of Iberian coaches overall, to be honest im not sure if he fits PAO very well- at least at this point.

I dont doubt his tactic abilitites im sure theyre great, but they arent the only factor. The team at the moment needs somebody to push them and motivate them, the tactics arent really the major issue I dont feel. These players need to get pushed around by the coach and realize they have a championship to win and a country to represent. I hope the guy knows English so he can talk with a good number of players...Even with a translator things are not the same. Also its harder to communicate with management and change things around to suit the team...

Im happy with the name/ability of the coach the only thing I dont like is that he might take a while to adjust to everything as a very different foreigner and we have our most critical games these 2 months..

and he should know PAO somewhat, since we beat him last year in OAKA 2-0...... :tup:

im not really sure of Iberian coaches overall, to be honest im not sure if he fits PAO very well- at least at this point.

I dont doubt his tactic abilitites im sure theyre great, but they arent the only factor. The team at the moment needs somebody to push them and motivate them, the tactics arent really the major issue I dont feel. These players need to get pushed around by the coach and realize they have a championship to win and a country to represent. I hope the guy knows English so he can talk with a good number of players...Even with a translator things are not the same. Also its harder to communicate with management and change things around to suit the team...

Im happy with the name/ability of the coach the only thing I dont like is that he might take a while to adjust to everything as a very different foreigner and we have our most critical games these 2 months..

and he should know PAO somewhat, since we beat him last year in OAKA 2-0...... :tup:

say something positive for once in your life re....

u always find some negative spin on things.... its quite funny :LOL:

as i have said in the past..... if managment let him WORK and not listen to the pressures of the media and fans.... i believe he can be a great coach for us..

Victor Munoz has great ability as a coach... wether managment let him show it is a different story!!! :blink:

Greek teams need coaches who know what they are getting themselves into. They have to know the makeup of the league and what each game means.

Example; makaronada takes PAO to Kriti to play Ergoteli in the cup thinking that since they are a second division team PAO will roll right over them, he doesn't even have Gonzo on the bench and then gets his ass handed to him in the 89th.

You bring a foreign coach who has never worked in Greece and they are lost in space. Not lost about how they work with the team but lost about how the greek league operates.

The media like it or not can easily end a career. Look at the pressure they placed on King Otto who is supposedly a national hero. It doesn't really happen elsewhere and these coaches come to greece and are then surprised at the attitude taken towards them.

I hope this guy works out for PAO but i would have hoped they brought in a Greek or someone who knew the greek league aside from a game or two their former team played against one of the top teams.

The media like it or not can easily end a career. Look at the pressure they placed on King Otto who is supposedly a national hero. It doesn't really happen elsewhere and these coaches come to greece and are then surprised at the attitude taken towards them.

I hope this guy works out for PAO but i would have hoped they brought in a Greek or someone who knew the greek league aside from a game or two their former team played against one of the top teams.

The Greek media in the case of Otto was right to be critical of him. National hero or not, Otto has dropped the ball the last 2 years and he has been making a fool of himself and most importantly, the National team!

He recalls a player who hasn't played in over a year! The Greek media was doing their job! Otto has no right to drag the national team down and this is being said in light of what he has achieved.

Some of his quotes of the last year have been discgraceful and embarrassing. The last one being that his wife has influence over his selections for the NT (True or not is irrelevant).

The other comment about how being raped against England was down to the English taking the match "seriously" and how it was raining in Manchester and that it doesn't rain frequently in Greece is seriously NOT funny.

Also your call for a Greek coach is laughable as there really doesn't exist a suitable candidate for the top Greek clubs.

The best Greek coach is coaching in Australia and his name is Nick Theodorakopoulos. :nw:

as i have said in the past..... if managment let him WORK and not listen to the pressures of the media and fans.... i believe he can be a great coach for us..

Victor Munoz has great ability as a coach... wether managment let him show it is a different story!!! :blink:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

So true!!!

(ur opinon on Munoz that is :P)

here we go again.........like i didnt see this coming since ive been recently accused of being a pessimist , although i was among the few optimists last year...I really dont care.

what spin man? theres nothing to "spin".... :blink:

i always find a negative 'spin' on things? why because my last few posts were not "hooray! well do awesome"?

so im not sure hell fit... is that completly ridiculous?

I dont doubt him technically, but im worried about him having to adjust, and not speaking the language in a month with our most important games of the season. So what? I just feel a Greek/Greek associated coach would have been best at the moment. Munoz is probably great ability, but its going to be rather tough job for him to change the way the team works and is organized because of language.

its negative yeah...so what? theres positives and negatives and youre gonna have to accept them both.

How interesting would this topic be if everybody posted "great coach! proponitara! we will win double!" there would be no point to discussion....

########################

if there was no otto we would never be european champions. therefore you would never have any expectations of the greek team cos we were always rubbish..

i admit otto was keen on keeping our famous defensive strattergy even after euro which allowed other teams to figure ways to beat us. we dropped a few games. but i think otto has created a new formula.

for the first time in ages.. watching the norway game.. it was like watching european champions. we played like champions. the way we were passing the ball around, taking on players, holding the ball upfront, creating chances and defending against the likes of riise, pederson, solkjaer.. it was amazing...

otto is back... greece is back. :gr:

######################

p.s = nick theodorkopoulos team in australia is at the bottom of the ladder. he is pathetic and his team gets thumped average 4 - 0 per game..

#################

I would appreciate you being a bit more curtious to your fellow forum members.

was he available before the summer...... if so how did Bakke get in....

a coach like him would never have signed before summer!

a coach like him is waiting before summer to see wich team in spain he will take over!

that is the reason we could not get a high-profile coach before the summer!

like ze roberto now he could join frynos because none of the teams her was waiting wants him at this moment!

################!!! nothing more to it.

if there was no otto we would never be european champions. therefore you would never have any expectations of the greek team cos we were always rubbish..

i admit otto was keen on keeping our famous defensive strattergy even after euro which allowed other teams to figure ways to beat us. we dropped a few games. but i think otto has created a new formula.

for the first time in ages.. watching the norway game..  it was like watching european champions. we played like champions. the way we were passing the ball around, taking on players, holding the ball upfront, creating chances and defending against the likes of riise, pederson, solkjaer.. it was amazing...

otto is back... greece is back.  :gr:

#################

p.s = nick theodorkopoulos team in australia is at the bottom of the ladder. he is pathetic and his team gets thumped average 4 - 0 per game..

#############

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

ole-ole-ole-ole-ole :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

oh this guy is great! he's got bags of humour all around him and watch him to make some ridiculous comments about Frinos!!

let me remind you some at his Zaragoza spell..

to the media about Real game (6-1): Why do you talk about it so much? It's just a win against an overrated team!!

to Fener coach C. Daum after Zaragoza eliminates Fener from UEFA 2 yrs ago: This was the easiest opposition we've played against for a long long time!

.. and this is my favourite and it's real.. I'm not joking!!

about Fenerbahce after they were drawn: Who is this team? Are they from Kazakhstan? (the reporter says: It's a Turkish team!) oh, from Galatasaray's country.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

.. and this is my favourite and it's real.. I'm not joking!!

about Fenerbahce after they were drawn: Who is this team? Are they from Kazakhstan? (the reporter says: It's a Turkish team!) oh, from Galatasaray's country.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Archived