Phantis Forums

Japanese Grand Prix

Iliana

2 grands prix left.... Schumacher and Alonso have the same points but Schumacher has 7 wins (Alonso has 6).....

Posted Image

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER

VS

FERNANDO ALONSO

Posted Image

the big battle is about to begin... hold your seats (and your breaths!)

not so back, I think it was in 2000 between Schumacher and Hakkinen! But Schumacher won the championship in Japan, 1 gp before the end of the season! ;)

in 1997.. when Schumi and Villeneuve :tdown: were battling it out.. they had equal points before the final GP at Jerez (78-78).. Schumi would take the honours if both were out of the race..

I remember in the final GP of the season at Jerez; Frendsen, Villeneuve and Schumi did exactly the same time in pole position qualifiers (1:21:721 if I'm not mistaken).. :o

Schumi led the race for 35-40 laps but Villeneueve steered about and Schumi --inevitably seeing that he can't avoid being overtaken-- tried to block Villeneuve and drag him to the gravel.. (the moment I really admired the guy) :tup:

Villeneuve finished the race third behind Hakkinen and Coulthard and won the title with 84 pts while Schumi's points were all erased due to his unsportsmanlike behaviour.. :blink:

by the way, what's Frendsen doing now?? ;)

Qualifying results

P. No Driver Team - Engine Tyres Times Ave/Gaps

1. 6 MASSA Ferrari B 1'29"599 233.320 Km/h :tup: :nw:

2. 5 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B 1'29"711 233.028 Km/h :tup: :nw:

3. 7 R.SCHUMACHER Toyota B 1'29"989 232.308 Km/h

4. 8 TRULLI Toyota B 1'30"039 232.179 Km/h

5. 1 ALONSO Renault M 1'30"371 231.326 Km/h

6. 2 FISICHELLA Renault M 1'30"599 230.744 Km/h

7. 12 BUTTON Honda M 1'30"992 229.748 Km/h

8. 11 BARRICHELLO Honda M 1'31"478 228.527 Km/h

9. 16 HEIDFELD BMW Sauber M 1'31"513 228.440 Km/h

10. 10 ROSBERG Williams Cosworth B 1'31"856 227.587 Km/h

11. 3 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes M 1'30"827 230.165 Km/h

12. 17 KUBICA BMW Sauber M 1'31"094 229.490 Km/h

13. 4 DE LA ROSA McLaren Mercedes M 1'31"254 229.088 Km/h

14. 9 WEBBER Williams Cosworth B 1'31"276 229.033 Km/h

15. 20 LIUZZI Toro Rosso Cosw. M 1'31"943 227.371 Km/h

16. 19 ALBERS Midland Toyota B 1'33"750 222.989 Km/h

17. 14 COULTHARD RedBull Ferrari M 1'32"252 226.610 Km/h

18. 15 DOORNBOS RedBull Ferrari M 1'32"402 226.242 Km/h

19. 21 SPEED Toro Rosso Cosw. M 1'32"867 225.109 Km/h

20. 22 SATO S. Aguri F1 Honda B 1'33"666 223.189 Km/h

21. 18 MONTEIRO Midland Toyota B 1'33"709 223.086 Km/h

22. 23 YAMAMOTO S. Aguri F1 Honda B 0'00"000

disaster for Schumi.. disaster for Ferrari.. :(

Alonso wins and Schumi is out with engine explosion!!! :o

now in Brazil, Schumi needs to win and Massa has to bump Alonso so caringly that the Spaniard dickhead should be DNF!! :huh:

Briatore said: With this result, we are so close to getting what we already deserved! :*&%: Fisico did a great job in helping us for the Constructors Championship!"

Schumi was too cool after the loss and said: "The title battle is effectively over with this result :mellow: !"

I'M STILL EXPECTING A MIRACLE!! :bangin:

when I saw the smoke coming out of the Ferrari I just couldn't breathe for a moment... I still can't believe it....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

when I saw the smoke coming out of the Ferrari I just couldn't breathe for a moment... I still can't believe it....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

it's Schumi's first DNF because of engine failure since Magny Cours 2000... :o :o :o :o :o :o what a f***** luck is that?? :angry: :(

Q & A with Michael Schumacher

Q. You have conceded the championship to Fernando Alonso. Will you not still be trying everything in Brazil?

Michael Schumacher: Of course we will try everything, but you cannot count on someone retiring. The first thing for us to think about is the constructors' championship and we will have to see what we can do.

Q. But if you win and Fernando Alonso retires then you can still be champion?

MS: Yes, very hypothetically. But this is not really the way I want to go to Brazil. I would like to fight for the championship on the track. I have no reason to be unhappy. We have won so much together and there was so much good work done over the year. To lose the championship now is life and I can live with it very well. I love the guys here. I don't see it as anyone's fault. It is just circumstance.

Q. You were seen shaking the hands of the mechanics. Were you telling them it was over?

MS: You can only say that life exists and is full of ups and downs. We have done so many great things together. After Canada no one believed in the championship but we kept it open until almost the last moment. But the title for the drivers' is over now. I don't want to believe in me winning and my opponent not scoring one point, or not finishing.

That is not the basis I want to go into the race with. But there is no reason to be too disappointed with what we achieved this year. I have no hard feelings. That is what life is. Sometimes it is sweet, sometimes it is not.

Q. Do you really believe it is over?

MS: This is what I say. I don't want to start a race believing and hoping that someone will retire. That is not the basis I want to win the championship on.

Q. So how do you approach Brazil?

MS: I see it as my last race and I will do the best I can. I will be happy with whatever comes out at the end.

Q. What exactly happened on the 37th lap?

MS: There was no engine any more and everything went up in smoke.

Q. Were there any signs beforehand that there was a problem?

MS: No.

Q. What went through your mind when it happened?

MS: You know it is a retirement, you know you lose 10 points and you know the consequences. And you also know in the first moments that the championship was decided like this.

Q. What did you say to the mechanics?

MS: I was just thanking them. I really believe the championship is over, so I wanted to thank them all personally. We know Fernando only needs one point and we know what a good driver he is so it should not be a problem for him. We will go to Brazil giving the best we can but that will be more for the constructors' championship.

Q. What was the race like until that moment?

MS: It went very much according to plan. We were quick at those moments that we wanted to be quick and the result looking like it was going to go well.

Q. How long do you think it will take you to get over the disappointment?

MS: Not too long. As I have said, I can live very well with this. I tried everything I could this year, and we all together tried everything we could. But in the end it didn't work out. That is it.

it seems over... stranger things have happened... as for Ferrari, Massa has not performed & thus is a major reason for his team being so far behind... a sub par#2

as for shumi, i'd like for him to retire on top...

it seems over... stranger things have happened... as for Ferrari, Massa has not performed & thus is a major reason for his team being so far behind... a sub par#2

as for shumi, i'd like for him to retire on top...

i don't believe Massa has underperformed this year.. he was --along with Kimi-- the most unlucky driver this year.. he's lost whatever he gained on the track.. in the pitstops!! :(

how many times Alonzo has taken over him in the pit this year, I can't remember!! :tdown:

Archived