Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Bosnia-Hercegovina - Greece

Ziaka

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following the game with Norway, the NT travels to Zenica to play Bosnia-Hercegovina.

Hopefully after a winning result against Norway we can win this one as well.

Our history with Bosnia is good. We played them twice and won both times.

Here are the details of thoise two games:

Greece - Bosnia history

This time is very different though. They play a very attacking game and have some very good players. Its also worth mentioning that they HATE us! This will be like playing in Turkey WITHOUT international eyes watching! Against the Turks there is bound to be protection and they will be asked to be on their best behaviour, etc, whereas there will be no holding back from the Bosnians. This really is a game in hell. A draw will be a decent result, a win would be terrific!!! :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

I think the norway game will be the ultimate test for us, turkey are not the real threat in this group, but having said that, Norway will be missing Carew for the game and i think for our national team its great if cant beat them at home without carew, i dont think we will ever beat them, in all honesty there is no excuse for a loss at home :angry: Greece really needs to start performing, and to put this 2004 Euro fluke bullshit to bed. :box: :gr: :gr: :gr:

This time is very different though. They play a very attacking game and have some very good players. Its also worth mentioning that they HATE us! This will be like playing in Turkey WITHOUT international eyes watching! Against the Turks there is bound to be protection and they will be asked to be on their best behaviour, etc, whereas there will be no holding back from the Bosnians. This really is a game in hell. A draw will be a decent result, a win would be terrific!!!

ive never been to a football match in greece at all (club or country), are our stadiums hell for visiting teams in qualifying games

if not, why??

also i agree with aekthyra21 i hate people sayin that we fluked the Euro, Greece won that competition with hard work and no one can accept it.

im optimistic though i think we can grind a 1-0 win in hell

I just want to show you the remaining matches for 2006

October 7

Greece - Norway

Hungary - Turkey

Moldova - Bosnia

October 11

Bosnia - Greece

Turkey - Moldova

Malta - Hungary

What we really want for Greece is to win the next 2 games which will give them maxium points with 9. Norway only play this Saturday, if they lose, they remain with 6 pts (hopefully). Turkey played 1 match with 3 pts. Hungary played 2 matches with 3 pts. We want to see both Hungary and Turkey draw so they can both get 4 pts because they will likely grab 3 pts from those 2 minnow sides (Malta & Moldova) which could lead them to 7 pts a piece. Bosina would likely grab 3 pts from Moldova (unless Moldova could surprise them) in which they would have 6 pts. A loss to Greece would be a good thing (hopefully again). I hope I'm making sense here. What I like to see at the end is this:

Greece 9 pts

Turkey 7 pts

Hungary 7 pts

Norway 6 pts

Bosnia 6 pts

I'll exclude Malta and Moldova since both of them don't stand a chance in qualifying. :D

I expect nothing but 6 points from the next two games. After all we are the Euro champs. We shouldnot be dropping points at home. Also we should be winning the games against Bosnia type teams, because I believe it's those games that decide who will go through. Any contender (Greece, Norway, Turkey) that will drop the least amount of points in Bosnia and Hungary will have the advantage in the group.

I expect nothing but 6 points from the next two games. After all we are the Euro champs. We shouldnot be dropping points at home. Also we should be winning the games against Bosnia type teams, because I believe it's those games that decide who will go through. Any contender (Greece, Norway, Turkey) that will drop the least amount of points in Bosnia and Hungary will have the advantage in the group.

hungary is not good enough!

there team is not at a high level!

We should be expecting a win. We need to be dominant and apply pressure.

I watched the match between England and FYROM and those Serbianised-Bulgarians outplayed England away!

The lesson is that you respect no one and you go for victory!

PAME GIA NIKH!

Unless Otto's wife thinks Tasos Mitropoulos was cute in the 70s and gets her husband to call him up....

:gr:

watched the game, one thing is for certain bosnia can score goals but they can also cop them , some good news for u greeks is that playmaker and captain sergej barbarez got his second yellow and will not be playing in zenica

:nw: :nw: :nw:

thanks man

this is true darkhorse, if they play like this bosnia will lose but it will be a good game i think we will c, btw what happened with the kick of time ffs i wanted to watch greece norway but it wasnt on at the specified time ?

delayed due to heavy rain !

i would never look past bosnia, especially away...but otto needs to keep one eye after this bosnia match for the following match with turkey, 24.3.07. i'm talking about the yellow card situation..

going into the bosnia match - fyssas, anatolakis, basinas and samaras have cards. i think 1 more, and you miss the next match. i wouldn't worry too much about samara, unless he scores and celebrates in excess. the others...it would be tough to lose fyssas against turkey. and to think, about 6-7 years ago, we had tremendous depth there: kasapis, georgatos and fyssas.

can any pao fans tell us about the progress darlas is making?

a draw against bosnia wouldn't have been too bad, but turkey keeps plugging along, winning matches away and in neutral sites. if we draw on wednesday, then the turkey home match is a must win. can we do it if say fyssas and basinas are banned for that match? i think basinas missed the turkey-greece match in 2005 because of cards.

the match is at 2015, bosnia time.

I understand your concern about the cards but you can't think about another game, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it! For now we HAVE to look for 3 points at Bosnia.

i would never look past bosnia, especially away...but otto needs to keep one eye after this bosnia match for the following match with turkey, 24.3.07. i'm talking about the yellow card situation..

going into the bosnia match - fyssas, anatolakis, basinas and samaras have cards. i think 1 more, and you miss the next match. i wouldn't worry too much about samara, unless he scores and celebrates in excess. the others...it would be tough to lose fyssas against turkey. and to think, about 6-7 years ago, we had tremendous depth there: kasapis, georgatos and fyssas.

can any pao fans tell us about the progress darlas is making?

a draw against bosnia wouldn't have been too bad, but turkey keeps plugging along, winning matches away and in neutral sites. if we draw on wednesday, then the turkey home match is a must win. can we do it if say fyssas and basinas are banned for that match? i think basinas missed the turkey-greece match in 2005 because of cards.

the match is at 2015, bosnia time.

darlas should be a good backup for fyssas!

he has played last year and 1 game this in europe!

also i have seen him last year with the under21 side having good performances!

ofcourse he is no roberto carlos when coming forward but he is good enough

This is the situation:

If we draw/lose in Bosnia, it would mean that we would have to beat Turkey at home in the next match.

If we win in Bosnia, we would be excused to draw at home with Turkey, however it would relieve much more pressure on the team and we would probably in the end get the win.

Norway are having their bye in the next match, so I believe this is our chance to take control of the group and win!

In summary, we must collect maximum points from the next two games. I believe if we do this, we will top the group, because after Bosnia and Turkey, we have Hungary and Malta.

Greece should win both games. We are the European champions, we should beat palio Bosina. They got smashed at home to Hungary and drew with Moldova.

I believe in Bosnia, the score will be another 1-0 for Greece.

Charisteas will score!

I firmly believe that if we can beat Norway we should be able to beat every team in this group. They were really my only worries besides Turkey, and Turkey has not been special so far. Their 6 points come from weak teams Malta and Hungary. I'm being honest when I say I wouldn't be surprised to see our NT win all of its remaining qualifying games. We get 3 points from the Bosnians.

Unless Otto's wife thinks Tasos Mitropoulos was cute in the 70s and gets her husband to call him up....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re manges 8a nikisoume 2-0

I think the ethniki is startingnto find some form, a win in bosnia will be great for the moral of the team,

is the first game v turkey in greece or turkey??

also what is 2015 bosnian time in greek time?

If 4 players are in danger of getting a yellow card during the Bosina, Otto would have to shuffle up his lineup. What I think should be this:

--------------------------------- Nikopolidis -----------------------------------

Seitaridis ------------ Kyrigakos --------------- Anatolakis -------------- Goumas

Giannakopoulos ------------ Katsouranis ------------- Kafes ----------- Karagounis

-------------------- Lyberopoulos ----------------- Amanatidis ----------------

Rest players like Basinas, Fyssas, & Samaras or bring them in late in the game.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re manges 8a nikisoume 2-0

I think the ethniki is startingnto find some form, a win in bosnia will be great for the moral of the team,

is the first game v turkey in greece or turkey??

also what is 2015 bosnian time in greek time?

The first game is in Greece.

Archived