Phantis Forums

2007 UEFA European Futsal Championship draws

evalagoal

Here is the draws for the European Futsal Championships perliminary draw ----

Does anyoen know anything about our team?? There's not too much other that the following link..

http://www.futsalplanet.com/old/champs/GREECE/GR.htm

Holders Spain will welcome Poland and F.Y.R. Macedonia to Madrid in February after the 2007 UEFA European Futsal Championship preliminary and qualifying round draws were made by UEFA Futsal Committee chairman Petr Fousek and UEFA Head of National Team Competitions Mikael Salzer in Nyon, with a record 36 teams entering the tournament.

Former winners

Spain are one of 23 top seeds placed straight into the qualifying round and will host Group 3, which will also contain one of the best runners-up from January's preliminary round. Russia, beaten in the 2005 final in Ostrava, will travel to Hungary - who also qualified for last year's final tournament - in Group 6 to play the hosts, Greece and Lithuania, while the only other team apart from that pair to take the title, Italy, stage Group 1 in Martina Franca. The Italians will face Belarus, France and the winners of preliminary round Group A.

Maltese bow

The five remaining places in the second stage will be filled when the three preliminary round groups take place. Malta, making their bow in the tournament, will stage Group C and face Georgia, Cyprus and Kazakhstan, while the other debutants Turkey meet Albania, Armenia and hosts Finland in Group A. Group B in Romania also involves Latvia, England and Bulgaria

Competition format

The winners of each preliminary round group, plus the two best runners-up, progress to the qualifying round, where the seven first-placed teams will join hosts Portugal in Porto for the finals from 16-25 November.

Preliminary round draw

Group A (hosts in bold)

To be played between 15-21 January

Finland

Albania

Armenia

Turkey

Group B (hosts in bold)

Latvia

Romania

England

Bulgaria

Group C (hosts in bold)

Georgia

Cyprus

Kazakhstan

Malta

Qualifying round draw

Group 1 (hosts in bold)

To be played between 18-25 February

Italy

Belarus

France

Winners preliminary round Group A

Group 2 (hosts in bold)

Ukraine

Andorra

Slovakia

Israel

Group 3 (hosts in bold)

Spain

Poland

F.Y.R. Macedonia

Preliminary round best runners-up 2

Group 4 (hosts in bold)

Netherlands

Serbia

Azerbaijan

Preliminary round best runners-up 1

Group 5 (hosts in bold)

Czech Republic

Croatia

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Winners preliminary round Group C

Group 6 (hosts in bold)

Russia

Hungary

Greece

Lithuania

Group 7 (hosts in bold)

Slovenia

Belgium

Moldova

Winners preliminary round Group B

• 2 weeks later...

I played futsal at a relatively high level during my school days and after in tournaments and I took a keen interest in Greece's futsal team.

Basically, it would not be unkind to say that we SUCK!

The positive news is that we are improving, but we can be compared to Azerbaijan in (proper) football.

Many of Europes nations show little interest in Futsal. Spain I believe are very good (even for world standards), as are Russia, Ukraine and Italy I think.

England is rubbish like us. :tup:

Archived