Phantis Forums

Roma - Olympiakos

dark_horse

Sorry to jump ahead of time now that the match with Shakhtar is over. This one is definitly a "must win" for our club. Roma did lose to Valencia 2-1 in Matchday 2 holding to second place with 3 pts. Olympikos knows that if they win, they will move into second place where Olympiakos need to be at. The good news is I'm going to Greece in mid-October to be on a "mini vacation". So I will be heading to Karaiskaki to watch the match. Going to purchase my ticket soon. :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a must win game.After Roma lost from Valencia they will come to Greece for the 3 points and only with a win we can keep our hopes up.This is the make or break game as far as Europe for us.I honestly can not predict this one.....for one more time it depends how the team is going to show up on the pitch........Dont know....

I think I know :(

Most probably a defeat by 1 goal difference or a draw. We all know that our defense will always get at least as many goals as those we score.

I wish I'll eat my words by seeing an Oly win but this means that our club will considerably improve itself (defensively) in the meanwhile.

If we only could play wirthout the last 10-5 minutes

I am afraid the curse of the last minutes will hit again

I hope i am wrong

I suggest that all the players and the coach should see 10 times the video of the supercopa italiana when inter came bacl form losing 3:0 and than won 4:3 over Roma

If a loser team like inter can do it, Oly should too (The difference of coase that we do not have their defense and Crespo)

If we only could play wirthout the last 10-5 minutes

I am afraid the curse of the last minutes will hit again

I hope i am wrong

I suggest that all the players and the coach should see 10 times the video of the supercopa italiana when inter came bacl form losing 3:0 and than won 4:3 over Roma

If a loser team like inter can do it, Oly should too (The difference of coase that we do not have their defense and Crespo)

this has nothing to do with the last 10-15 minutes!

u dont have to be working NASA to see the huge difference at theese 2 squads!

this roma side is very versatile look at their goalscoring(all players from midfield scores very often) and back line is also very good .

player by player they are atleast 2 maybe 3 classes better than u or any greek side.

and back line is also very good .

Dude their backline is a joke! Not quite as bad as ours but they have major weaknesses and Mexes is a huge liability! And when he can't handle a player he makes rasj challenges so dont be shocked if he gets sent off or gives away a penalty when up against castillo! One thing is for sure they can't handle corners and crosses so Georgatos has to play. Personally though i think they move the ball to well and it will be another high-scoring game with us on the losing end. Maybe 2-3 or 2-4 to Roma.

So the conclusion is:

We have to score at least 3 goals in the first half in order to secure a draw??

I try not to be pesimistic, i hope at least the players feel better , and not give up a priory

This is the time for Konstantinou to give his best

We need to score early and keep our defence strong

we need 2 goals in the first half and 2 in the second half to pull off a 4-3 victory

I hope we win because we need this win to move to second place. Shaktar will probably lose to valencia so if we tie or win we are automatically ahead of shaktar.

Even if we move on to CL 16 or UEFA, we cant afford to finish 4th in our group. Castillo and Konstadinou need to score some quick goals in the beginning and Ribo can hopefully put one away near the end to secure our victory. I expect to see Nikopolidis at his best blocking shots. Zewlakov needs to be healthy and play by then and so does Kafes. It would be a better idea to rest Ribo,Djordjevic, and georgatos the league game before Roma because we can afford a loss or a tie in the Greek League, but not in the CL.

I hope we win because we need this win to move to second place. Shaktar will probably lose to valencia so if we tie or win we are automatically ahead of shaktar.

hum...how so? Shakhtar only has 1 pt and so does Olympiakos. If Olympiakos draws with Roma, they would have 2 pts. Is Shakhtar playing at home? If so, it may be a tricky trip up there for Valencia. But I think your right, Shaktar may not be able to finish above 4th place if the results go in "your" direction.

Ela pou de to vlepo omos na klaime,oloi ti promitheia me ta xartomantilakia ti steilame paiania meria giati SIGOURA tha ta xreiasteite opos pate.Na se rotiso mia kai eisai xaroumenos epeidei to paizo stoixima poso kairo tha katsei o kainourgios proponiti sas a)2 mines B)4 mines or c)3 evdomades. :LOL: :LOL:

hum...how so? Shakhtar only has 1 pt and so does Olympiakos. If Olympiakos draws with Roma, they would have 2 pts. Is Shakhtar playing at home? If so, it may be a tricky trip up there for Valencia. But I think your right, Shaktar may not be able to finish above 4th place if the results go in "your" direction.
Yes sir those are my predictions

shaktar lose olympiakos win or tie

Crazy, you are good poster. Don't let him bust your balls. He needs to learn to stick to the topic and forget this Greek club rival BS during Champions League play. He must learn to respect ALL Greek clubs who play in Europe & that includes OLYMPIKAOS.

I'm very positive about that, Olympiakos has 1 point while Roma has 3. A win would put Olympiakos ahead by a point with a total of 4. Even if Valencia loses to Shakhtar (Which would not happen), Olympiakos can't reach 1st place.

Currect the standings shows:

Valencia 6 pts

Roma 3 pts

Olympiakos 1 pt

Shakhtar 1 pt

Olympiakos needs a win at Pireaus and a draw in Rome if they are to stay in 2nd place. After that they play in Valencia, which would more likely be a loss to Olympiakos, while Roma plays in Ukraine. Over there I'm hoping for a draw. If this happens as I posted, the standings would show this thru 5 matches:

Valencia 15 pts

Olympiakos 5 pts

Roma 5 pts

Shakthar 2 pts

Olympiakos would have the advantage due to better head-to-head record which is why they would be in 2nd. In the final match, all Olympiakos needs to do is win the final game in Pireaus vs. Shakhtar, so that no matter what result comes out in Rome between Roma - Valencia.

P.S. - I hope Valencia clinches 1st place so they might field a second squad vs. Olympiakos. From there MAYBE Olympiakos could try to play for a draw.

I'm very positive about that, Olympiakos has 1 point while Roma has 3. A win would put Olympiakos ahead by a point with a total of 4. Even if Valencia loses to Shakhtar (Which would not happen), Olympiakos can't reach 1st place.

Currect the standings shows:

Valencia 6 pts

Roma 3 pts

Olympiakos 1 pt

Shakhtar 1 pt

Olympiakos needs a win at Pireaus and a draw in Rome if they are to stay in 2nd place. After that they play in Valencia, which would more likely be a loss to Olympiakos, while Roma plays in Ukraine. Over there I'm hoping for a draw. If this happens as I posted, the standings would show this thru 5 matches:

Valencia 15 pts

Olympiakos 5 pts

Roma 5 pts

Shakthar 2 pts

Olympiakos would have the advantage due to better head-to-head record which is why they would be in 2nd. In the final match, all Olympiakos needs to do is win the final game in Pireaus vs. Shakhtar, so that no matter what result comes out in Rome between Roma - Valencia.

P.S. - I hope Valencia clinches 1st place so they might field a second squad vs. Olympiakos. From there MAYBE Olympiakos could try to play for a draw.

sorry but a b-side from valencia will not win in rome!

if you geys drop any poins here, it'll be all over....

Roma away

Shaktar home

Valencia away...= 3 pts total+ 3 if you win is 6...if you ie you'll end up with 4...

if you lose vs Roma a home you geys should be banned fom the CL

Archived