Phantis Forums

MadBoy13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok... great news... the Thimo signed all pappers and we can start to construct your KOLLOSUS of a stadium.... :nw: :gr:

all things going well.. it will be ready by 2008... but dont forget... we are greeks :blink: :LOL:

does any1 have any links to plans... designs... pictures... of what the stadium will look like????

Well, Thanassis Giannakopoulos said that he can't try to fool our fans... and the stadium may not be ready by the end of 2008--our Centenial.

He said this is a huge undertaking and today they don't even know the company that will finance the new development, so don't expect it to be ready in a year's time. Not to mention that the municipality signed with Tzigger (renter) not the owner (Than. Gian.) of the new facility.

Honest man! I like him. I wish he was in-charge of our football club as well.

But, the whole thing is too complicated. Why PAE is the renter I have no idea....

Well, Thanassis Giannakopoulos said that he can't try to fool our fans.

Honest man! I like him. I wish he was in-charge of our football club as well.

Even if i am not pao fan,the passion of his and his brother would have brought great results for your club.They are by far the most fanatic vazeloi that i know off and they have no problem proving it(money-players-coach) time and time again.Thank got for me that they have only basketball.......

I read that PAO was given permission to build new facilities in botaniko, these will be "ready" in 2008 for the 100th year aniversary of the club.

I read a while ago that the olympic stadiums/venues are not being used at all and are basically ghost towns. why dosent PAO just convert these venues into their own?

also; why are the ethniki games played at kairaskaki which seats 40000 and not OAKA which seats 75000 odd, is it a tax thing ie they make more money at kairaskaki than they would at OAKA, or a security thing? I dont live in greece but i would assume that the E08 qualifier v turkey next year would be popular and could fill OAKA easily.

Cheers

its an atmopshere thing....

the games are played at karaiskaki becoz the fans are closer to the pitch and its more of a ETHRA/home ground advantage...

at oaka... yes it holds more people... but the ground it pretty far from the fans... which makes it less intimidating for the away side....

home ground support and atmopshere means alot in football... and even though i recon that karaskaki is a bourthelo.... :LOL: :P i agree with Otto for wanting to play all the home games there!!

I don't think has been determined who will finance the stadium. Like in most such cases it will probably be a number of sponsors.

Speaking of money, and doing a quick comparison with Dragao (since our stadium is based on its design):

Dragao

Construction Year: 2003

Capacity 50.948

Cost 97.755.318 Euro

UEFA Rating: 5 star

Panathinaikos stadio

Construction Year (estimated late 2008 or early 2009)

Capacity ~40.000

Est. Budget 75.000.000 Euro

UEFA Rating: 4 star

The Karaiskaki stadium (comparing to the other 4 star stadium in Greece) cost 60.000.000 in 2004, and holds 33.334 spectators.

all things going well.. it will be ready by 2008... but dont forget... we are greeks :blink: :LOL:

Yeah so there'll be plenty of scares but it will be ready... if we were English it would be ready in 2220!! :LOL:

Does anyone know whether it will have a running track, or will it be strictly for football?

all things going well.. it will be ready by 2008... but dont forget... we are greeks  :blink:  :LOL:

Yeah so there'll be plenty of scares but it will be ready... if we were English it would be ready in 2220!! :LOL:

Does anyone know whether it will have a running track, or will it be strictly for football?

No running track. Just football.

I'm worried about the potential digging up of ancient artefacts which will put us behind schedule.

Ancient artifacts will be unearthed for sure, but hopefully nothing very important. The area lies outside the ancient city walls of Athens, but it is very close I think to the "Sacred Gate" and near the river Eridanos. There is no way that this area is dry of artifacts.

If they find anything interesting, it would be cool to make a museum underneath the stadium. It will be unique in the world.

Does anyone know the exact location of the planned stadium?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived