Phantis Forums

The Shikabala problem

GS1905

What the hell happened to PAOK this season? I was expecting yours to be much much better than they are curently. The monetary problems seemed begone at the start of the season but now Shiqabala becomes the second player leaving the club for not being paid...

btw, I heard Goumenos is to sell the club. Who will he sell the club to? Any ideas...

ziaka, are you talking about Dimitris Kyriakidis when you say back-up goalkeepr? If you are, he's a super prospect at FM :D

Don't know what's up with Shikabala, but I am sure the club has the the legal bases covered, which means that if he want to leave PAOK will make money from his sale.

The latest news is that Feutchine has filed a "prosfygi" against the team, demanding 207K Euro and his freedom. Knowing the financial situation at PAOK, I believe this player is history.

I'd be really sorry to see Shikabala go. He has shown big flashes of brilliance and you can tell that this kid has a lot of talent. That, coupled with the youth and talents of guys like Fernandez and Salpiggidis would be a solid foundation with which to build the team around.

Insofar as the team having it's legal bases covered with Shikabala's contract---Don't know...I wouldn't count my chickens on that one. After all, this club's administration are pretty inept. Nothing would suprise me.

Ultimately, I'd much rather have Shikabala on the team than having the club make money off of his transfer. As we all know...the 'club' won't make sweet FA off of his sale. It would only go towards Goumenos's debts.

Feutchine is not someone I will miss.

The situation with Shikabala is starting to worry me.

I believe PAOK is in serious danger of losing this very talented player. His new agent refuses to answer phone calls from PAOk officials. The last communications from the player say that he has problems with paperwork relating to his military service in the Egyptian army. If this is really true, and he is forced to enter the army, he will be lost for couple of years.

However I believe this not true, and that there are behind the scenes moves by his new agent to secure his release and make him available to another team. it should be noted that Sochaux officials were at Toumba during the Levadiakos game checking him out.

His old agent Zapatinas said on Thessaloniki radio today that PAOK is all curent with salary payments concerning Shikabala, and that the player stands no chance of appealing his case with FIFA. He also said that he will advise Goumenos suspend the players contract.

Today's events concerning PAOK players.

Shikabala was punished with 4-month contract suspension for not returning back from Egypt.

Udese will file an appeal demanding 180,000 Euro and his freedom today or tommorrow. He has allready been linked with an English team for tryouts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are rumors that two Egyptian teams want Shikabala from PAOK on one year loan basis. The player's agent claims that Shikabala can't leave Egypt for one year anyway, since he has to serve in the army. Sounds very fishy to me.

In other transfer news, PAOK has told Stefanis, who was released by Iraklis to wait for several days before the situation at PAOK clears up. They are considering offering Stefanis a contract at PAOK. This would be a very good move in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we are very close to getting rid of Shikabala to AZ Alkmar :tup: . Should happen this week. However, I hope we don't start losing players for little return. For instance Liverpool could get Lazaro if they offered 8 times the value of his contract, which wouldn't be all that much, and PAOK could not stop it.

According to Hearts president they will be submitting an improved offer for Karipidis, once they get medicals, will see how close that is to the 1 million PAOK want for the player.

Come on someone buy PAOK the vultures are massing…..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Shikabala situtation gets more confused each day.

Today Zamalek has announced that they signed a 1-year deal with the player as part of a loan agreement with PAOK. The Zamalek people are also claiming that Goumenos will trval to Cairo to finilize the deal. They also say that next May Zamalek and PAOK will sit down again to discuss the future of the player.

On the other hand, PAOk lawyer is claiming that PAOK did not agree with Zamalek, and that there is a case to be heard at FIFA concerning Shikabala.

In other words the situation is very confusing, and I have a feeleing that there are many behind the door deals being done in the name of Shikabala. I smell a p*****a by Goumenos in all of this to pocket some more money.

One thing is certain. If Shikabala signed with Zamalek, and PAOK did not agree to this the player will face severe punishment from FIFA, since he contractually tied to PAOK. I am affraid his agents (last I heard he had 4 different ones) are screwing this talented player.

Here is a related article:

Latest news on the Shikabala situation is that FIFA has informed EPO and the Egyptian FA that Shikabala has a contract with PAOK for additional 2.5 years, and it is up to PAOK to do what ever they want with the player.

The question is what will PAOK do now. Will they loan him to Zamalek and hope he can come out of Egypt next year?

• 2 weeks later...

EPO and PAOK receved a reply from the Egyptian FA concerning the military service in Egypt. here is the reply:

"To: The Hellenic Football Federation

Date: 3-10-2006

Re: player. Mahmoud Abdel Razek Fadl Allah

CC: FC PAOK

Dear Sir,

According to your fax asking about the military service, we would like to inform you that the total duration of the service is two years according to the Egyptian Law.

By the possibility to return to Greece, the player is not allowed to leave his homeland during his first year of his army service period. And about leaving during the second year cannot be without a special authorization. With Regards

Dr. Farouk Abd El-Wahab

General Secretary

After this development, it appears that Shikabala will not be able to leave the country for one year. I guess POAK's next step is to loan the player to Zamalek and extend his contract with PAOK by one year.

Would have been nice to have Sikabala on the team, as I think he was one of our best players last year, but he was never part of the teams plan this year, so I'm not that disappointed.

• 2 months later...

FIFA has informed PAE PAOK that they received communications from the Egyptian team Zamalek that Shikabala signed a 5-year contract with them on October 17, 2006. FIFA advises PAOK that Zamalek is offering 100,000 Euro to PAOK.

Obviously PAOK will have to take Zamalek, Shikabala and his agent(s) to courts since they have a contract with the player until 2009.

FIFA has informed PAE PAOK that they received communications from the Egyptian team Zamalek that Shikabala signed a 5-year contract with them on October 17, 2006. FIFA advises PAOK that Zamalek is offering 100,000 Euro to PAOK.

Obviously PAOK will have to take Zamalek, Shikabala and his agent(s) to courts since they have a contract with the player until 2009.

Sto kalo na paei ane more to kolopaido.Ta myala tou einai pano apo to kefali tou

• 5 weeks later...

I have not heard anything like that. Last I heard is that FIFA will look at the issue, since Shikabala signed a 5-year contract, while he still has a valid contract with PAOK. People at PAOK think that they will force Shikabala/Zamalek to pay some money to PAOK. I think everyone at PAOK is resigned to the fact that he is not coming back. There is more to the story than we know. My personal opinion is that Goumenos sold the player under the table back to Zamalek and pocketed the money.

• 4 weeks later...

I think PAE PAOK is resigned to the fact that they lost Shikabala, and they hope that FIFA will award them some kind of money. As far as I know, Shikabala never saw most of the money for his services, even though he was paid in full by PAOK. All the money were misused by his many managers, including Zapatinas, who is Goumenos's relative BTW. That's why I think there is something very fishy between Goumenos/Zapatinas, and the Egyptian team Zamalek. One of these days all the truth will come out.

another wasted transfer too bad. I hope that in the future shikabala stays away from these managers and gets a good one next time I think Paok should still keep the chanels open for this guy if at all possible I think he has great potential to be a star soccer player in the near future under the right guidance of course.

Archived