Phantis Forums

Best Greek thing since sliced Feta!

I was a bit sceptic at first, like some of the ppl in the other thread here mentioning this subject. But after the free trial i have very little complaints :)

I did a google search about two weeks ago to see if i could find any links to Greek TV online. This site scoundrels was among the first finds so needles to say i didnt waste any time to check it out! I first thought you had to give out your credit/bankcard number to get access to the free trial. However that was not the case. You only need to fill in a small form once you've downloaded the program and then you have ANT1, Mega, Alpha, SS1, NET, Star, Alter, ET1 + a preview of all CH togheter at your hands!

How well it works? Like a charm! Once the channel has connected after a few seconds you never get any buffering. Its about the best picture quality i have ever seen from streamed tv, and i use a 32" LCD mind you! Of course it cant be compared to the original TV-signal. But if you could get hold of that you wouldent have to find games online, would you? ;)

Lets say something happens (God forbid) and the site has to shut down in the future. All you stand to lose is 21 euro, minus the days you have watched of course. You only pay for one month at a time. I think its worth it. They seem to have put a lot of work behind this, so i'm pretty confident its not a grab the dosh and run scam. Its a very professional looking program and the people who run it are often online so you can chat with them via a contact button. I myself have nothing to do with the site!

I'm so excited that i'll be able to see all of OLY's CL matches with a great picture for the first time ever! :D

:gr: Big up Greeknet kru :tup:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it windows media or realplayer? what is the bitrate?

Under high bandwidth mode it is about 648 kps. You install their own video player, its cool it also allows you to record the program (.avi format) .

These are the basic requirements:

The minimum requirements are the followings:

1. Windows 98SE or newer (MAC or Linux are not favored at present)

2. Pentium III 750 MHz

3. Memory: 128 MB

4. Internet connection: 512 KBit/s bandwidth at least

(but 750 KBit/s is recommended) Test your bandwidth

5. Microsoft Directx 9.0c or later

6. Microsoft Media Player

Guest gastone_1978

This is the best site ever to be seen on the Internet showing Greek Channels 24 hours a day.

Congratulations to those who made this idea come true.

The site shows greek channels at 400 and 600 Kbps (really can't beat those bitrates).

I have a feeling that more channels will be added shortly after subscriptions will take effect.

Keep watching it and enjoy the free trial.

Bravo mages..Great Piece of work!

This is the best site ever to be seen on the Internet showing Greek Channels 24 hours a day.

Congratulations to those who made this idea come true.

The site shows greek channels at 400 and 600 Kbps (really can't beat those bitrates).

I have a feeling that more channels will be added shortly after subscriptions will take effect.

Keep watching it and enjoy the free trial.

Bravo mages..Great Piece of work!

maybe it's time to stop advertising illegal sites don't you think?

the free trial ends on monday night. the thing with this site is that u can watch the channel all day long and not only have access to it during game time. i became a member for three months and from all indications they will show the champions league games. so far i have been watching it for two days and almost never get buffered ... other then the first minute of connection or so. so far seems too good to be true but its better then listenting to the radio and holding my d*^k.

just my opinion.

later skaters

I have been watcing for a few days now.

The picture quality is great,even full screen on my 19 inch monitor.

Minimal buffering for a few seconds every time you select a new channel( but...).

I was able to record a few programs easily-Just press record and set the time limit-.

I wish there was a way to time record.

I have had severe buffering on two occasions regardless of which channell I tried to connect to.The last one was right when Athlitiki Kyriakn was starting,which made me wonder if the large ammount of viewers trying to connect was the reason.

The best picture has been late at night (US time),and it was nearly perfect at full screen.

I am still hesitant to sign up with them.

I will like some feedback first, and would like to know that the picture quality does not deteriorate when all of us(and a large number of us) connects at the same time when the Champions League starts.

What can I say. I am conservative by nature.

Also.

I am not comfortable giving credit card numbers to entities of questionable legal status,(even though I am greatful the site exists).

Especially to someone that does not even have a physical address.

All of us should be carefull.

I am saying this because I know, that if this site lasts and keeps providing the quality picture it has provided up to now, it will be very difficult to find a Greek of the Diaspora that will not be a subscriber.

Our desire to finaly get something decent should not obscure our judgement.

I would prefer to see some more options, even paying by money order.

If the site owners are on the up and up, they should take this as something to work for in their bussiness plan.

They have done a wonderfull job so far and if they take care of other details as well, I will be more then happy to pay them .........for as long as it lasts.

I am personally drooling all over about this service and I hope all works well for everybody involved.

I've been wondering the greek forums for quite a while and I really didn't want to post untill now. But I cannot remain silent.

I've read a lot on how good the new site is (although nobody knows how long this site has been on for), if it is trustworthy to give your credit card info on line to them, how strong of servers they have, how many people they can hold simultaneusly, if the owners of that site know that the three days trial period is over and we can still watch for free (!!!) and (the biggest laugh of all) how people can hack this site and have tv without paying a dime.

Two things I want to point here.

1. The Greeks were in the dark as far as greek online tv all these years untill L i v e g r e e k e v e n t s.com (the unmentioned site that should go to Hell) showed up and gave the chance to all of you to watch your favorite team. It is amazing how many people bought the games from them (Phantis posters that want to keep is as a secret also!) all this time. I heard the owners of this site became millioners and that a buyout (or is it a merge or even an upgrade of the service with a different name?)made them even more rich. Is it why they sold? May be! Now we have this new site. Everybody agrees that its service is the best thing that happened to the omogenia since Adam and Eve fell from the Paradise.

2. The Greeks of course are always the Greeks! They will start debating on how they can hack the new service, if they have the legal rights to broadcast and all this bullshit that comes from people that they are either jealous or dedicated to steal someone's hard work and pretent they are kings!

My dear friends at Phantis:

It is the time that everyone should look at themselves in the mirror and ask one question: Am I subscribing to the new service or am I listening from the radio? Look no further. The new site as you understand has a lot of expenses. Nodoby asked you to buy, but if you want to watch the river of soccer that starts this coming week, take out your credit card and make a purchase because the new service IS and REMAIN unhacked!

Archived