Phantis Forums

Spain - Greece

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everytime we look like getting back spain gets a 3-pointer very easy!

they are all playing like 10-20% of their potential only !

i really dont see us getting back <_<

we should be happy gasol is not playing cause we may have lost with 30-40 points!

it is like watching

seems that everthing is going for spain. they socre, get the foul, miss the free throws but get the rebound and basket!!!!!!!

if greece can find its rythem... maybe then MIGHT they make a game of it..

they need to get within 10 points going into the last quarter... to have any chance!

3/4 three-points by Garbajosa and 2 critical offensive rebounds by Reyes when Greece was just starting to close in on seems to have killed it off! the faces of Sofo, Oktopus and Mixalis while they were heading to the locker room said it all.. Yiannakis needs to make a big speech at halftime to inspire something or else it's pretty much over as a contest!!

ELA TAKI!!! :box:

YOU DONT WANT TO SEE WHATS GOING ON

DROPI. Utter s%$#!..... great job media, claiming we are champions already ebcause Gasol is not playing----who the hell cares Spain has ALWAYS been extremely dangerous- gasol no gasol it NEVER mattered!!!! The score would still be the same, except Gasol would have the points instead of them distributed....

Spain has won the gold medal. No way such a s%$#! team will come back from 20 against Spain, who is definiitly the best team in the world. Everytime i actually get to SEE the ethniki play they are a complete joke..... I have never been a big Giannakis fan. This game is a reminder...the team has no organization, speed, ---i even see players JOGGING after they score... while the whole spain team is already on the other end of the court!!!!

vlakes......disgrace. I dont care if we beat USA, this is one of the countries most disgraceful athletic moments...we acting as if we have already won. Spain looks determined, excited....we are just expecting to win.....

every game we shoot 40% from free throws..thats absurd! I myself shoot 51%!!!!

Giannakis------BYE! Always been mediocre. When we go against competition equal or better than us he simply cant get it done. He was s%$#! in the Olympics, and the euro..can i remind you how EASY the euro was? play russia, france, and germany to win......anybody can win!

Sofoklis--------BYE! Clumsy, occasionally useful, I wont really miss his lack of talent either.

drako, are you alright? you seemed a bit drunk to me!! just do not show disrespect to one of the best players & coaches of Greece, all time just because the team is not performing on one occasion.. this team is undefeated till this moment, you get it? :smartass: and this game may still, though difficult, change!!

every game we shoot 40% from free throws..thats absurd! I myself shoot 51%!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

drako, are you alright? you seemed a bit drunk to me!! just do not show disrespect to one of the best players & coaches of Greece, all time just because the team is not performing on one occasion.. this team is undefeated till this moment, you get it? :smartass: and this game may still, though difficult, change!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I am not drunk. Im angry. Because this always happens with Greek basketball....we look good then we just play AWFUL and lose all effort. And Giannakis IS, WAS, and WILL be a lousy coach. Hes incredibly overated as a PLAYER and as a Coach in Greece....

and for the free throws-----true statistic....i stood and shot 100 free throws....51%. Where do they find these guys who cant shoot a single damn free throw throughout the whole tournament..

well done to Spain . theyare playing great, unfortunately greece has left its worse game for last..

Drakos, u might be a bit harsh on the team. they are euro champions and 2nd in the world. pretty damn good if you ask me..

but i take your point about thinking they had already won.

i was worried how much the win over the usa had taken out of them.

i'm watching the game from NTV in Turkey and the commentator Kaan Kural summed it up at best..

"It's quite obvious that Greece have psychiologically and mentally ejaculated after beating the Americans. It's probably followed up by a typical East Mediterrenean underestimation of the absence of the big man of the opposition. It's sometimes bad to be a Greek, Italian or a Turk. Anyway, after beating NBA Stars and seeing the absence of Gasol, they thought they won it. There's also the one thing. The physical tiredness of Greece is also showing at this stage as they came out from the toughest group."

Im not harsh. The team has 36 points in the last quarter......thats ###### pathetic. Were losing in a final by THIRTY POINTS. This was one of the biggest occasions in Greek Sports history, and they play like jackasses.....ante spiti sas!!! Beating the USA great...USA is strong but they have no organization....they have 3 plays ....pass around circle for 3, force ally oop, or drive....If you put them in a european system then theyd be the best.

I simply cant stand when journalists, commentators act as if we have won!!!! Here you go vre vlakometra!

Like i said....were the euros even difficult???we played ONE strong team (and there not even that strong ) France.....we even lost to Slovenia. Then we played Russia and Germany.....come on....who couldnt win that tournament Other than France

Archived