Phantis Forums

GREECE-USA 101-95 !!!

On Friday, we'll be taking on the almighty USA in the World Semifinals!!!!

Ade Ellada......lets get revenge from our loss in the '04 Olympic games and beat USA with team basketball!!!

I was at that game in '04, and Greece should have come away with victory. Some costly mistakes in the final minutes cost Greece the game!!!

ELLAS.....ELLAS...ELLAS!!!! :gr:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this game will run pretty close until the last quarter but then United States will start to pull it off and it will probably end with a +10 margin at around 90s to 80s..

and Argentina will conquer Spain and then smash the States to win what they deserved already from 2002.. :)

What sucks now that I think about it is that we finished 1st in our group where if were to finish 2nd we would've been in the different pool and propably met US in the finals...

No matter what they should play this game as if this is a final game because getting 3rd place would sorta-stink for this team.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Why is everyone so scared of the US team? What have they done lately?

I agree on individual talent they are better than any team in the world, but this is a team game. History shows, the longer you stay close with this team, they get rattled, because there is so much expected of them.

If this game stays close until the last 10 minutes Greece will win.

XIPNISTE RE, the rest of the world has caught up to the US in Basketball.

PAME ELLADARA, VALTE TA DINATA SAS.

The boys have nothing to lose. They have done us proud, they are a great team with passion and desire to win.

Let the US team think what ever they want because they will get a shock when they play against us.

I still don't understand why we are playing US in semis if they topped their group as well. But it dosen't matter,bring it on.....

I wish our national soccer team is watching what the basketballers are doing because that whats lacking in the squad.

Take my word guys, Greece won't beat the US. I know I got carried away with the "bring on the US" after Greece's win over France. Deep down in my heart, I can't see this victory coming for Greece. I'll pray to God that I'm wrong about this hoping Greece could do something they have never done.

History is not in our favor guys :(

Greece is 0-4 all-time vs. the United States

1990 FIBA World Basketball Championship

United States 103 : 95 Greece

1994 FIBA World Basketball Championship

Greece 58 : 97 United States

1998 FIBA World Basketball Championship

United States 84 : 61 Greece

2004 Olympic Basketball Finals

United States 77 : 71 Greece

According to the betting odds:

Greece +11 -101 +540 OVER 163 -106

USA -11 -109 -600 UNDER 163 -104

Spain -3 -105 -145 OVER 158 -105

Argentina +3 -105 +135 UNDER 158 -105

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The semi final will be a great game. Greece play defense about as well as anybody in the world. Their coach is a very good friend of mine. We knew each other as young men and now we're a little bit older. He's someone I admire. They are a championship team. They play with that type of solidarity, and we're going to have to play older, because they are a strong and mature basketball team."

Krzyzewski looks ahead to going against Greece and an old friend.

"Greece are a very good team who've played together for a long time now. We have to have the same mindset we had in the second half today but play it for 40 minutes. We'll have to take care of business and win that game."

Lebron James shares his thoughts ahead of the semi-final game.

"We are very happy to be in the semi finals. We played very well - especially on defense - and when we had open shots we made them."

Greece guard Dimitrios Diamantidis sums up today's win against France very briefly.

"We'll probably play against the USA (quote before USA game) and this means going up against the best players in the world but we're not nervous. It's my first time against them but we are among the top four teams in the world and we are very happy knowing this."

Diamantidis plays down the significance of going up against Team USA in the semi finals.

USA-GREECE and Spain-Argentina games have had their gametimes switched. Now, USA-GREECE will be on at 3 hours earlier and Spain-Argentina 3 hours later. USA-GREECE will be on 3:30 am east coast United States and Spain-Argentina at 6:30 AM.

All because USA team requested a time change...

OH MY GOD, GREECE BEAT THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

101-95!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

NA POU LITRONETE TIN ETHNIKI MAS, NA POU LITRONETE MIA OLOKRINI XORA!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I'M CRYING WITH TEARS OF JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE GREECE WIN THE PROTATHLIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: ELLADA GIA PANTA!!!!!

HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS HELLAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Americans, who put together a national team program this year for the first time after their recent failures, now will be forced to qualify for the 2008 Olympics next summer in the FIBA Americas tournament in Venezuela.

The U.S. seemed in control after Joe Johnson's 3-pointer gave the Americans a 33-21 lead with about 6 1/2 minutes left in the second quarter. It was around then that James told his teammates on the bench: "They don't know what to do."

Well, they figured it out in a hurry.

from espn

:tup: :box: :box: :box: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :gr:

How amazing is it that Greece fell behind by 12 pts in the 2nd quarter and start a 22-5 run in a 6 minute span? Now there's something Germany & Italy could not do. B)

I don't think that any team could do it at all, especially when you have the USA on the court!

Archived