Phantis Forums

Castillo

greekgod690

What would u if Castillo was playing for the greek NT. Should he should he not y or y not. Hes been asked 2 go play for both mexico and yugoslovia and hes declined both. If zidane can play for france deco can play for portugal and davids play for netherlands y cant castillo play for greece.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

his dad is mexican and his mom is yugoslovian and yes hes a greek citizen( im pretty sure) he even wanted 2 go 2 the army in greece for a year and a half and he has been in greece since he was 15.hes not pure greek but hes more greek then me

He's half Mexican hald Uruguayan not Yugoslavian.

I like Castillo, he loves Greece and is passionate about the Greek way of life. Having spent a large part of his life in Greece and being fluent in the language, etc I wouldnt mind Castillo playing for us. The question of the slippery slope arises though, would the squad fill with foreigners in years to come??? This is our national team and I want the players to be Greek, for better or worse! I dont want to end up like France, England, USA, Portugal, etc. We are Greek and our national team should be represented by Greeks!

you cant use USA in there man.... USA is not an ethnic group its a multiethnic state, and all the players on the team are americans.

im ok with it....we need some flair, and if he wants to play then hes gonna have to Hellenize his name

GreekGod- Davids plays for Holland as well as all the Surinamese because they dont have a national team

Yes now Castillio and next year Ronaldinio!!!!Are you out of your mind guys????Greek national team is only for Greeks.

Dude! Wait a minute.. Lets have an open mind...

Do you remember Batista (that was Portugese) bu ended up playing for Greece??

This is a decision that the player needs to make because once he commits, that's it.

I really believe that he would be a great add-on to the team. The way that we're looking right now I think that we need to do this because if not we're going to get emberrassed during the qualifying stages..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree with you 100%.Since every country is doing that(Deco-Portugal,Jakalidis-Greece,All over the world-France) in every sport passible and we had players that they would love to play for our country(djole was waiting but it never happen) i believe that if a player wants to help our country be my guest.

I aswell feel that only greeks should be included on to the national team. I don't want Greece to end up like Germany, Netherlands, Portugal or even worse France. You play for the national team because its in your blood and soul, its a matter of national pride. Fernandez and Castillo do not belong on it for that reason.