Phantis Forums

Zidane Movie

Has anyone seen the movie on Zinedine Zidane, ZIDANE:A 21st CENTURY PORTRAIT? It was released at the Cannes Film Festival, and was shown at the Edinburgh Festival this week.

Fascinating film, which covers the performance of ONE man over 90 minutes of a game between Real Madrid and Villareal. 17 cameras were used, so there are a wide range of views and the viewer gets a real insight into the game from a players perspective.

Amazingly, he stands still for about 80-90% of the game, never shouts at teamates - only using "hey" when he wants the ball, and virtually never loses posession of the ball. But for that 10-20% of the game he's on the move he is the most effective player I've ever seen. The speed he passes opponents while in full control of the ball is incredible!

Here's a link to some clips and photos from the movie. The excellent soundtrack is by Scottish band Mogwai.

http://www.uipfrance.com/sites/zidane/ba.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This would be interesting to see.

In one way I'm thinking that "is he doing this so he can bring his name back and come clean" or was this done just to prove to someone of of his TRUE greatness"?

No matter what this movie is going to show his ability to be a dominant player on the field.

He's one of my favorate players

In one way I'm thinking that "is he doing this so he can bring his name back and come clean" or was this done just to prove to someone of of his TRUE greatness"?

The game filmed took place in April 2005, and was the idea of a film maker and an artist. I'm not sure how much involvement Zidane had in the film, but it was certainly released at Cannes before the World Cup took place.

It's due to be shown at a cinema in London for 8 days in October, but doubt that it will get a worldwide release. One for the football purists only I reckon.

It certainly wasn't an effort to come clean - the red mist descended close to the end of the game and he was shown the red card!! :box:

Archived