Phantis Forums

Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)

Ziaka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

With Frankfurt ahead 1-0 and fighting to avoid relegation, Gekas had TWO chances in the final 20 mins against Bayern Munich, one with his head and one with his feet, both times all alone and he blew it. The commentators could not believe he missed two easy chances. As fate would have it, Bayern Munich gets awarded a questionable penalty in the 89' and Gomez puts it in to tie the game. Gekas could have moved up into 2nd place in Bundesliga scoring and put his team ahead to earn 3 points and move out of religation. Instead he has probably lost the faith of his coach and team and may have sent his team down.

No Tzavellas or Amanatidis in the game, I hope Gekas gets a chance to make up for his poor performance and make a better showing of Greek talent.

CalGreek his finishing has been woeful for a while now. He has missed numerous sitters since the start of 2011. There was one game recently where they drew 1-1, i think it was against Werder, he missed about 5 chances, 3 of them in particular were sitters. His own fans were booing! He's not as clinical as he used to be

He has to play for them. Despite the fact that he misses so much, his movement is great and he makes chances for himself. He has 16 goals for them this season, their second top scorer has 2! So they desperately need him for goals.

XRISTOS ANESTI EVERYONE :)

• 3 weeks later...

after a great first half of the season, both gekas and eintracht's performances have been quite awful since the winter period...they are in a relegation battle that will go down the this next /last matchday..last week fans showed their dismay at the clubs loss, getting them in a very risky situation being in second to last place..

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a surprise! :o

That would make him the first player from Greece to play in the Turkish league.

Indeed!

I felt he could still be worthy and good enough if he joined Galatasaray to back Elmander and Baros up. Great signing for Samsunspor!! :tup:

Pity that their first game is against Gala! :o

He's just signed a 2,5 year contract, worth ?300k for the remainder of this season, ?500k for next season, and ?600k for his final season to be. I don't know what his bonuses will be.

By the way, as Galatasaray are away at Samsunspor later this evening, strange things happened. When Gekas landed at Samsun 19 Mayıs Airport, it was Galatasaray fans that greeted him. :LOL:

Check out this photo gallery for further details and laugh!! :LOL: :LOL:

(Pic 10 shows him with his new jersey on) ;)

Gekas in Samsun - Gallery

He's just signed a 2,5 year contract, worth ?300k for the remainder of this season, ?500k for next season, and ?600k for his final season to be. I don't know what his bonuses will be.

By the way, as Galatasaray are away at Samsunspor later this evening, strange things happened. When Gekas landed at Samsun 19 Mayıs Airport, it was Galatasaray fans that greeted him. :LOL:

Check out this photo gallery for further details and laugh!! :LOL: :LOL:

(Pic 10 shows him with his new jersey on) ;)

Gekas in Samsun - Gallery

cheers for the info, i hope he's a success there but what worries me is whether samsunspor get relegated and gekas ends up playing second division football again.

• Argy changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (free agent)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic