Phantis Forums

Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)

Ziaka

• 1 month later...

agreed, i love eintracht

i also think Gkekas will do great there. Its perfect size club for him to thrive, and other Greek players do exceptionally well, even aging Lybe played well this season. I think its a perfect club for him and very good signing for Eintracht. Glad he didnt come back to Greece.

A glance at the qualifying statistics for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ tells you all you need to know about the quality of Theofanis Gekas. The Greece forward was the leading goalscorer in the European Zone with ten strikes, putting him ahead of stars such as Wayne Rooney, Miroslav Klose and David Villa.

"I was delighted, of course, but it's irrelevant who gets the goals for us. It was a very good team performance throughout, and I'd like to thank my team-mates for creating great opportunities for me to score,"

Full interview with Gekas about the world cup here.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gekas scored twice today as eintracht beat kaiserslautern away from home 0-3

he is now tied top scorer of the league with 7 goals..hes been a real poacher in front of net so far this season..most of his goals have not been spectacular by any means but he has been lethal in the box...

could really help us in the nt this year, he looks like hes picking up some great form..

tzavellas assisted his second goal as well :gr: :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder sometimes whether Gekas could have sustained this kind of effectiveness in the Greek league....

We got Salpi and we told him to go to PAOK, and he refused. Good move on his part. I think we should have kept him (and Salpi).

Good to see Greeks doing well in Europe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (free agent)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic