Phantis Forums

Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)

Ziaka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leverkusen looks to be in serious trouble for continued play in UEFA Cup. With 20 min left of the game home against Sparta Praha its still 0 - 0. And Leverkusen has to play with only 10 men last half hour. Not good for the Ethniki either. Would be good for Gekas to meet different European top opposition before the Euro 2008.

while writing this Leverkusen scores. Too bad it wasent Gekas. Still good for him :)

Ok Gekas was just substituted for Sinkiewicz with ten minutes to go ...

too bad, hopefully he scores one (or many) next game!

Yea, coach looks to play safe defence last minutes. Would be foolish not to with only 10 players. Keep the score guys, for gekas sake! ;)

gekas is having an extremely hard time at leverkusen. with the coach skibbe and the tech. director voeller criticizing him quite harshly in public. they believe he doesnt work enough for the team and has to improve his game.

he did sit on the bench alot the last few matches. lets see what happens tomorrow. i believe he still is leverkusen best scorer this season but they dont really respect him for that.

Edited by aekrossoponti

gekas is having an extremely hard time at leverkusen. with the coach skibbe and the tech. director voeller criticizing him quite harshly in public. they believe he doesnt work enough for the team and has to improve his game.

he did sit on the bench alot the last few matches. lets see what happens tomorrow. i believe he still is leverkusen best scorer this season but they dont really respect him for that.

Well let's be honest here, they are right. He's either irresistable or he disappears. He's a typical "9" whose only contribution is to get goals, so when he goes through a goal drought, he doesn't offer much more. He probably needs more time to settle but he hasn't taken the league by storm like we expected. Having said that, Voller & Skibbe have no right to criticise him! It's not like they went out and spent loads of millions on him and he's flopped (i.e. Shevchenko at Chelsea, Reyes at Arsenal, etc). Support him you idiots!!! How he reacts to this is imperative. A true great will answer them back by finishing top scorer this year again, a "flash in the pan" striker will drop his head and fade into the background.

VGALE TOUS TA MATIA PAIXTARA MAS!

Edited by DUDE

• 4 weeks later...

leverkusen doesnt seem as pleased with their best scorer this season for whatever reasons:

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article.jsp?id=114087

i think it's a battle that gekas can only win if he scores 1 goal per match. as long as kiessling is on that side, kiessling can do no wrong for the next 3-4 years. he's the young german attacking talent, and gekas is the 'guest-striker'.

i honestly believe that most european clubs-coaches-managers, have very low opinions of greek footballers, despite the 2004 success.

the recycled megson never plays stelios - when he does, stelios scores and stelios still can't get 90 minutes for a stretch of 6-7 matches. this year, tuncay is having the same type of season that stelios had 2 years ago, and now england thinks that tuncay is the tip of the iceberg of 'undiscovered' turkish talent.

I agree 100%! The only way we can shake off that stigma is if we go on another great run in these Euros! :gr:

• Argy changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (free agent)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic