Phantis Forums

Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)

Ziaka

surely Gekas has broken the record for the longest goal scoring streak in the Bundesliga... I don't remember the last game where he didn't score.

Too bad he can't do the same for the NT

He could if Otto use him. He always puts him in at the 65 or 70 minute he can do much. Otto likes Xaristeas to much!!!!!

Fani didn't score yesterday as Bochum ended up losing 2 - 3 at home to Stuttgart.

Either way however, he looks like finishing Bundesliga top scorer which is a fantastic achievement for him and if you consider where Bochum were and where they are finishing (just short of UEFA place), the Bochum fans and club should be extremely happy with the "gamble" of picking him up.

Bravo Fani...perimenw na exeis kopsi to mali gia to epomeno seson. :tup:

Fani didn't score yesterday as Bochum ended up losing 2 - 3 at home to Stuttgart.

Either way however, he looks like finishing Bundesliga top scorer which is a fantastic achievement for him and if you consider where Bochum were and where they are finishing (just short of UEFA place), the Bochum fans and club should be extremely happy with the "gamble" of picking him up.

Bravo Fani...perimenw na exeis kopsi to mali gia to epomeno seson. :tup:

Who are you, Delilah? Leave Samson's hair alone! :P

1 week old Golden Boot standings

RANKING BY POINTS

1. Afonso Alves (BRA/Heerenveen) 51

2. Francesco Totti (ITA/Roma) 48

3. Ruud van Nistelrooy (NED/R. Madrid) 44

4. Didier Drogba (CIV/Chelsea) 40

+. Theofanis Gekas (GRE/Bochum) 40

+. Diego Milito (ARG/R.Zaragoza) 40

+. Frédéric Kanouté (MLI/Sevilla) 40

8. Ronaldinho (BRA/Barcelona) 38

9. Rolando Bianchi (ITA/Reggina) 36

+. Cristiano Lucarelli (ITA/Livorno) 36

+. Benni McCarthy (RSA/Blackburn) 36

12. Todor Kolev (BUL/Slavia Sofia) 36

Congrats to Gekas for being the number one goal scorer in Germany. He'll be with Leverkusen next season.

Posted Image

What is everyones predictions for his season next year?

My friend who is a PAO fan and thus a little biased keeps telling me that he wont even score 10 goals next year. His theory being that Gekas scored so many goals with Bochum because they were a small team playing against bigger teams that were exposed in the back and that most of his goals came from long lobs from the back. My buddy says that when he plays with Leverkusen he wont be able to handle tight defenses where smaller teams play with 11 defenders.

Anyway, I personally think that he's going to have a great season with Leverkusen. he was able to handle close defenses with PAO an he wil do the same with Leverkusen.

Good luck to him.

My friend who is a PAO fan and thus a little biased keeps telling me that he wont even score 10 goals next year. His theory being that Gekas scored so many goals with Bochum because they were a small team playing against bigger teams that were exposed in the back and that most of his goals came from long lobs from the back. My buddy says that when he plays with Leverkusen he wont be able to handle tight defenses where smaller teams play with 11 defenders.

Anyway, I personally think that he's going to have a great season with Leverkusen. he was able to handle close defenses with PAO an he wil do the same with Leverkusen.

Good luck to him.

I dont think he'll do as well (maybe 10 - 12 league goals) but not because of the reasons your friend gives but simply because this was a great season for him and I can't see him hitting the heights again. Because he can finish Bochum relied on him, whereas at a bigger club they'll be other options too so they wont constantly look towards Gekas. A bit like the Francis Jeffers situation where he averaged 1 goal every 2 games at Everton and when he went to Arsenal he flopped.

I hope I'm wrong. It all depends on his mentality. Either he'll want to improve and work hard or he'll think he's the big time now and flop. Personally, I have one message for him...

GAMA TOUS TIN MANA FANI!!! :gr: :P

Good luck to him.

the logic makes sense.,,.Good luck to Gekas next year as well. Prove all the doubters wrong again :tup:

Hes next move to Bochum will fail if history has anything to do with it.

He went awesome at Kalithea and went to PAO and was a flop. Only reason he made the national team is cause he was playing for an athenian team. He will od the same this year.

PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE!

Hes next move to Bochum will fail if history has anything to do with it.

He went awesome at Kalithea and went to PAO and was a flop. Only reason he made the national team is cause he was playing for an athenian team. He will od the same this year.

PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE!

i dont think he was a flop at PAO... youre wrong about that.. Go back & look at his stats.. His last season at PAO he had scored in 8 consecutive games.. He has always had a knack for scoring goals

• 1 month later...
Gekas played his first game for Leverkusen today in a friendly against AZ Alkamaar. Leverkusen won 4-0 and Gekas scored 2!! The Czech-Greek, Papadopoulos, also got on the score sheet. :gr: Edited by DUDE

• Argy changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (free agent)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic