:gr: December 15, 2006

Rank Player Team Goals

1 Marko Pantelic Hertha Berlin 10

Miroslav Klose Werder Bremen 10

3 Diego Werder Bremen 8

Roy Makaay Bayern Munich 8

Mario Gomez VfB Stuttgart 8

6 Theofanis Gekas VfL Bochum 7 :gr: :gr:

Yes it was part of the salpi deal. Gekas was supposed to be part of the transfer as one of the players going to PAOK, but he refused. As a result PAO sold 40% of his contract to PAOK and loaned him to Bochum.

diladi apo 700000 euros to 40% einai tpi Paok?

Entometaxy den einai dynato o Gkekas na kanei tetoio protatlima.Apisteyto,mpravo tou :nw:

Entometaxy den einai dynato o Gkekas na kanei tetoio protatlima.Apisteyto,mpravo tou :nw:

I guess PAO rejection fueled a fire under his ass to play well and stay out of Greece.

Yiasou re Tzigger megale! You can motivate players away from the team and not those on your own pitch ;)

I guess PAO rejection fueled a fire under his ass to play well and stay out of Greece.

Yiasou re Tzigger megale! You can motivate players away from the team and not those on your own pitch ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good for Gekas! 10 goals with a middle of the run German team is excellent. He has shown that he deserves to be the NT starting striker. Does anyone know if any other Greek player abroad has scored more goals? I think he might have the record.

I am happy for him, although I am bracing myself for more interviews with derogatory comments about Pao and the Greek league, and with praise for his good fortune, the superiority for the German league, fans, teams, etc. :whistle:

Good for Gekas! 10 goals with a middle of the run German team is excellent. He has shown that he deserves to be the NT starting striker. Does anyone know if any other Greek player abroad has scored more goals? I think he might have the record.

I am happy for him, although I am bracing myself for more interviews with derogatory comments about Pao and the Greek league, and with praise for his good fortune, the superiority for the German league, fans, teams, etc. :whistle:

Machlas must have the record

I am happy for him, although I am bracing myself for more interviews with derogatory comments about Pao and the Greek league, and with praise for his good fortune, the superiority for the German league, fans, teams, etc.  :whistle:

Machlas must have the record
Stelios gets goals to and has had more than 10 in past seasons at Bolton.

thanks guys, I had forgotten about Machlas.

Here are the stats I found:

Gekas has 10 goals so far with Bochum in 21 games played.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...d=69426&cc=5901

Stelios seems to have 9 goals as his best annual production with Bolton (2005-06).

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profi...d=13055&cc=5901

Mahlas, the best I can find is the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikos_Machlas that says he scored a lot, but I can't find a breakdown by season.

• Argy changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (free agent)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Fanis Gekas ‒ (retired)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic