Phantis Forums

Aegaleo – Panathinaikos

HOLLYWOOD

im willing to give him much more time to prove him self; i mean he cant be any worse then m#$%!zani :rolleyes:

Malesani's big mistake is the one Backe just made- not preparing the team or making them work hard in preseason. But Malesani had all these players freshs signings and young....And comparing last years preseason efforts to these, Malesani did better with less- hands down. The team was far worse than anything seen last year, under Malesani there was some organization and excitment in the team after his preseason...and then it just fell to s%$#!.

These kids have +1 year of expereince so theres no excuses from Backe...and when he does leave its time to stop going for these great "foreign" coaches and go back to homegrown......people with experience here.....Fylakouris, Markarian, Vazexa...even Ketsbaia did a great thing with Anorthosis...

as for Aigaleo - PAO......I was going to go to the match, but now Im unsure...after seeing them with Anderlecht its probably just going to be a waste of time to go out to crappy Aigaleo....

Aigaleo is better than last year....They kept there core players, looked decent in their 2-1 loss to Mallorca (Agritis scored- maybe hes bacK?) and had some minor stregthenings and have Hatzaras again....

I say a 1-0 PAO with a Biscan header from a corner.... or a 0-0

@drakos

Come on man,,it is still to early to judge!

Ok, we played like s@#$t vs Anderlecht but we already got another player for the midfield (Ivasnich--got a good feeling about him, toulaxiston akougetai sa na kserei mpala!)

and we are looking for a striker as well....

Ok Backe doesn't seem to have given the team a new philosophy or a nice way of playing but it's toooooo early for judging him. The thing that I don't like about him is that he doesn't seem to trust leontiou as well

But,

have faith man, is the only thing that is left for us :P there is a whole season for us to complain but leve it for now

@drakos

Come on man,,it is still to early to judge!

Ok, we played like s@#$t vs Anderlecht but we already got another player for the midfield (Ivasnich--got a good feeling about him, toulaxiston akougetai sa na kserei mpala!)

and we are looking for a striker as well....

Ok Backe doesn't seem to have given the team a new philosophy or a nice way of playing but it's toooooo early for judging him. The thing that I don't like about him is that he doesn't seem to trust leontiou as well

But,

have faith man, is the only thing that is left for us :P there is a whole season for us to complain but leve it for now

ok fine i accept an optimistic point of view.....but ive been optimistic about the team, Hans Crap-e team etc....Especially since He wouldnt shutup about how the team would be ready and how it doesnt take that long to put your mark on a team and acted as if it was so easy(remember he actually said that)

-and the team plays 5 lousy friendlies (as opposed to OSFPs 11)

-couldnt really impress or see anything different (except first half vs Celta)

- hardly gave any time to test some members of the team

- and in the game the team had no strategy, no system, no organization and they were harldy running as well. They didnt look like they were serious about the title at all. If its a friendly you still have to work hard to make yourself better, get in form and get inspired to take on the season.

The reason i have no faith in Backe is because he had a job to do, and did not do it. The team had to be ready and have his imprint, determined, fit and ready for season. They were not even fully fit! Come on! And 5 friendlies? They played 2 friendlies then took 2 weeks off.....what the hell purpose did that serve?

- The team should have 2 matches a week! Not always the 11ada has to start but you can give players chances to provethemselves....Tsigkas is going in the season and hasnt played more than 30 minutes in a game.....EVERYBODY including the backup Ebede (also did Tzorvas even get ONE minute? ) should have at least had 90 mins to prove their worth and get them ready...A team is more than 11! And that "football" was a total disgrace they played in OAKA.....

I have never seen PAO this horrible before the season- even when we had bad starts with Malesani the team were fantastic and determined with Zaragoza- Biscan and Seric actually looked like super players...and even under Santos the team was looking better then we lost 3 straight....what will happen when we look like complete crap then start? Hopefully well get the ironic result and win endlessly B) :LOL:

Pao 2-1.Guys it is way to early to judge any team and for give your team some time to perform and your coach to do his work before you call this year disaster.You gave malezani almost 2 years give this guy a couple of months.

I'm still evaluating Bake. Obviously he hasn't formed a team but a collection of players.... This from what we've seen SO FAR. It may change once all the new players are incorporated into the scheme--though by definition it'll take time for the team to gel.

Now, most of us here know a thing or two about football. Once Bake (or any coach) starts saying things or seeing things that don't exist then he's a FAILURE in my book.

Scum & Melitzanas would say things--like how good the team played and how, for example, Zuta was the best, etc--that all of us knew did NOT happen. To me this shows a TOTAL DISCONNECT from reality. If a coach can't see what's going on he can't make anything to correct the problems or improve the team. So, thus far Bake isn't Bullsh*ting us...

Nevertheless, I still believe the ownership regime and the internal club culture has to change...

I hope we win agaist Aegaleo, and I think we will. We must win games against teams like this. But, I'm still concerned about our players' mentality... During the friendlies they seemed to be doing ..aggaria! Better get on the pitch on Sunday and want to chew their opponets... Othewise, if the players aren't ALREADY hungry enough BY NOW then what the F*....? :blink:

2-0 for Pao. (Romero and Pap)

The one thing everyone is forgetting is that Bakke lost his playmaker 4 days before paos last friendly.

And although u people might say Eki hasnt done much, he is also the player that holds the ball and sets up for long balls and wing plays.

After losing your Creative Midfielder and playing with 3 DFM against Anderlecht, the fans start panicking.

Give Bakke a few months to get it together and lets hope to NOT draw Tottenham in the UEFA cup daw in two weeks.

later skaters

Panathinaikos is the greatest club in Greece! I hate Olympiakos! Green shall be the colour of the week, PAO and Skodas Ksanthi with their win over Olympiakos!

Great post! I agree! Forza Trifyllara!!!

:LOL: HEY!!! I didnt write that!!! :D

We have an easy start this year, which will hopefully give the team enough time to bond...

Bakke has it easy, with no UEFA quals until Sept. and some welcomed late arrivals.

I want to see results and quality. If anything, Tzigger got the OK from his uncles to make some serious investments. Same as when PAO got Lybe, Mixalaki, and now Salpi. The cycle is back and we should ride the wave for as long as it lasts.

Get them ready Bakke. :tup:

Aigaleo sucks, PAO should start with a BAM... ;)

PEACE

Aegaleo 0-2 PAO HT.

Salpi scored both goals. We aren't playing too terribly well. Our defense is shaky and we almost got an own goal in the 3rd minute. Gallinovic needs to better communicate with his defenders (and vice-versa). Our midfield is also not 100%, Biscan is playing like s%$#!, Bovio is playing allright, and Ivanschitz hasen't done much to impress me either (he hasen't been plying very badly though). Up front, Salpi is class, Pap is busting his ass (w/ a great set-up on the first goal). and Romero is playing allright, though he's drifting back into the midfield to win balls (which is nice to see). The 2nd goal wasen't outrstnading, but credit to Sapli for bustiing his ass and capitalizing on a defensive miscue by Aegaleo. Overall, not bad so far. Your thoughts.....?????

Archived