Phantis Forums

Trabzonspor v APOEL Nicosia

GS1905

so after the sensitive efforts by The2nd Mouse, I feel it's time we opened a thread about the Trabzonspor-APOEL game to be played in a fortnight..

I predict either a 2-0 or 3-1 victory for Trabzonspor in the second leg..

Cheers.. ;)

N O P O L I T I C S P L E A S E...

2nd mouse I know you closed the last topic for that half a line but in fairness the Hellas-Kypros-Enwsis I dont think he posted that link for that half a line! Apart from that the article discussed some interesting points:

A Greek flag with the Byzantine symbol was banned from the ground. This is ridiculous (and most on these boards agree as you can see for yourself in the NT boards during the game vs Australia.) How is a historical symbol of the Church which was a motivating feature of the fight for independence, which allows us today to have a nation and a Hellenic people today, racist??? And not only is this attitude a slap in the face to Hellenism but its even more appalling when you consider that Turkish fans were allowed to take the flags of the ILLEGAL state of Northern Cyprus and flares!!! Its ridculous!

From a footballing perspective this can have a negative effect on the home team, in this case APOEL as the visual atmosphere is affected. Also the article discussed APOEL's weakness of conceding goals in the last minute, something which undid them against the Turks. I feel that the reason for this is because APOEL frequently lead games and are thus put under pressure in the final minutes, which the goalkeeper Morphis can't handle. He is the weak link in the team! So even if APOEL take the lead in Trabezounta can they keep a clean sheet??

So you see 2ndMouse some good points are raised, you should chill out on Hellas-Kypros-Enwsis dude.

You guys are unbelieveble!

One line?

One line?

I inform you that for one bloody line taken from a Gray Wolves site this forum can burn to ashes..

And you have the nerve to defend it!

This my friend is the proof that you wear your blue Nationalistic glasses and you come in here JUST to pass a certain batch of MESSAGES ...

We asked you politely, we explained to you guys that sports CANNOT be discussed alongside politics unless people are really fair, calculated and calm..

and since sport without passion has no fun and politics mixed with the bad side of passion mean from problems (in the easy cases) up to DEATH (in the worst ones) WE WILL NOT PROMOTE HATRED FROM OUR SIDE ...

I, have banned 10ns or 100ds of Turkish users along the years without even having a similar discussion like I have with you guys....

And I will not allow any exagerated oppinions and the need to broadcast them "brand" the rest of us less "Ellines" or less devoted to our country..

We are not consistent .. we are not beign payed for this ... whenever you see something you dont like PM us and we deal with it...

But we are firm on that line...

YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY WE RUN OUR FORUM ...

It bloody clear ...

Forums exist ... dont ruin ours. We woked hard and for many years to build it ...

So I will fold and DO answer to that vommiting comment...

NO... "A Turk is NOT Good only when he is dead"

A Turk is person. A Greek is person.

A person is capable of the worst and the best in this life ...

A person is an amazing being ...

Respect all people

One line? You dare tell me it is one line?

Gosh!

Shame on you !

Thread CLosed

GS ... reopen the game thread mate...

this joke is over ...

This is a PM by Ethnikistis.

The2ndMouse you really need to sort out that chip on your shoulder. How dare you attack me without reading my post properly!!! I said that I dont think hellas-kypros-enwsis posted the article for that line!!!!!! I didnt defend that line, which i agree, is inappropriate. I drew attention to other points that were in the article!!! When did you see me defend that line????

You're the one that should be ashamed of yourself not me. To start with when have I ever said that someone else here is not a true Ellina because he disagrees with my views? Secondly, without having a clue of what nationalism is (as you appear to confuse it with fascism or rascism) you attack anyone else who holds these veiws just because it goes against your Liberal beliefs. You make out as if a few here have a problem with the rules, I have nothing against the rules of this board, in fact I agree with them! The line which you are referring to was not even in a paragraph it was a random line which didnt make sense! Its not like Hellas-Kypros-Enwsis wrote the damn article, he read it and posted it for other parts of the article, not that line. It was an Apoel-fans-site that discussed interesting footballing topics, thats why I believe he posted it, does that warrant your aggressive post??? You like being aggressive behind the safety of your p.c. screen dont you? You wouldnt talk to people like that in real life because you disagree with them so dont do it to me.

I agree that you should have removed the article because of the line however you attacked Hellas-Kypros-Enwsis and all I'm saying is he didnt post it for that line, so you're right to remove it, but go easy on the dude. Once more I ask why that warrants your aggressive response?

Let me pose you a question... on the club boards many Phantis members post links that show the goals that have been scored by their respective teams for example goals4net.com, if else where on goals4net.com there is an offensive line then yes the link should be removed but the Phantis poster only provided the link to show a goal so he shouldnt be spoken to in an aggressive and disrespectful way by the moderator which is what you have been doing. You have no excuse and should extend the same courtesy to others that you expect to be given to you! I suppose an apology or in the very least an admitance that you misread my post would be too much to ask?

My Reply:

Ethnikisti.

My reply above came after numerous times members of this Moderating team have made clear they dissagree with your appraoach, and its not only about your specific reply and the tone of it. You have an agenda here. Its not disputed. You have.

Yes you say that you think Hellas-K-E did not post it for that line.

Cool, very sensible approach and technically correct.

Are you kidding me my friend? OK I will be techinically corect. I just deleted the post and I did not ban him.

YOu still did not answer my hypothetical scenario....

What if a Turk user brings in a very interesting article with an equally as beuatiful line by , say, the Grey Wolfes?

You will demand the Turk User off immediatelly...

You cannot believe how very well I know what Nationalism is. And how, although I am open minded I PRACTICE it in my real life. Love for ones nation is the power your love for the GOOD THINGS in your culture and civilization gives you to sustain them, enrich them, share them with other nationalities for the good of humanity. And in that we are all ambassadors of our Culture and nationality.

In sport I support all greek teams too... funny part of the principle above but I do... personally ...

You my friend are a bit bove our main reactions as Greeks and Sports fans....

We all observe your answers. We know each user here.

YOu were warned, had posts deleted, had warning points on your account.

Then you relax and show everything from its less exagerated point of view...

Well my friend, each man's stance is sculptured by his sum of actions. So, NO ...

I will not allow you and Hellas-Kypros-Enwsis to defend that article or your or his intention or whatever.

A phrase like that is a horendous thing to say.

May I ask you something else. Why wasnt your initial reaction to tell our friend HKE that he was careless for posting it ? Instead you decided to position yourself publically against my reaction?

I should read your post? Why dont YOU read it again?

YOu were dissapointed becasue of "the banning of the article due to a line, becasue it also blocked other "useful" info like the flag banned into the stadium" etc... ?

Man, you are toying with us...

Yes Fener fans raised a banner, and greeks stubbed an Albanian, and Eskimos burned a Greek Flag!!!!! IF happens. We can discuss it.... But we will end up in a fight... And we try to concentrate in sports. And sports includes bad sides of human behaviour.

And if I keep replying you I will lose all my days and nights explaining somehting you refuse to understand..

Your line is by now clear. And its exagerated for our tolerance ...

Not only here .

In general.

Do me the favour and accept the fact that we, the mods, as a group, are not in line with your approach...

I will not go and make a collection of your posts ... And some are deleted too, I wont find them...

At least we try to be straightforard.... you want us to change our views and our forum to accomodate your views...

Well its not gonna happen. Sorry.

I suggest you move on.

Or let me put it in another way....

We will all accept that I am wrong and biased against you...

Can I leave from the forum I set up?

NO...

Now lets us all do the 1000 jobs we have to do....

Archived