Phantis Forums

Ze Roberto

Paokbelgium

ITALIAN PUNISHMENTS:

JUVE: Serie B and will start on -30 points.

LAZIO & FIORENTINA: Serie B and will start on -12 points.

MILAN: Stay in Serie A but will start on -15 points.

Also, all 4 clubs have been banned from European competition!!! Could this have decided Ze Roberto's move to Olympiakos instead of Milan??? Minus 15 points prob means Milan won't be in the CL for the next 2 years, at his age Ze Roberto might want one last hurrah in Europe! Ela re Ze, paihtara!

ITALIAN PUNISHMENTS:

Also, all 4 clubs have been banned from European competition!!! Could this have decided Ze Roberto's move to Olympiakos instead of Milan??? Minus 15 points prob means Milan won't be in the CL for the next 2 years, at his age Ze Roberto might want one last hurrah in Europe! Ela re Ze, paihtara!

-15 is not enough to put them out of the cl race!

only inter and roma is 15 points adrift(too far away and as strong as them!)

the rest the can easely catch

ITALIAN PUNISHMENTS:

-15 is not enough to put them out of the cl race!

only inter and roma is 15 points adrift(too far away and as strong as them!)

the rest the can easely catch

Well you're probably right, but they're def not in this years CL and Ze Roberto is getting on. Also, at the moment there are 20 Serie A teams, and for some time they've wanted to to get it down to 18 teams so they'll use this as a chance. That means that Milan will have less game in which to make up the difference. PLUS, they've lost their top striker (Sheva) and by not being in the CL they've lost the funds to replace him! Having said that, with just the league to concentrate on they can still finish top 4 but why take the risk when he can play for Olympiakos and win the CL?!?!?!? (well, ok... it might just be wishful thinking!)

I have seen him speaking live in the TV station bandsport (He is in SP )

He said that he had "some European offers" and not likely to stay in SP where he is having sone physiotherapy

I do not have hopes so if he comes it will be a pleasent surprise, do not hold your breath

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a good article from Skysports UK

Brazilian Rivaldo has been trying to use his influence to lure countryman Ze Roberto to join him at Olympiakos.

34-year-old Rivaldo has already announced he will retire at the end of the season, but he has also been trying to secure the longer-term future of the Greek champions by wooing the 32-year-old World Cup midfielder to the Georgios Karaiskakis.

Ze Roberto is available on a Bosman free transfer after declining the offer of a new Bayern Munich at the end of last season.

He has been linked with Bordeaux and a number of other European giants, but Rivaldo has revealed a few home truths to the player as well.

"I spoke with Ze Roberto two days ago and said a lot about Olympiakos," Rivaldo admitted.

"He asked me information about the club and everything regarding Olympiakos.

"I said to him that everything is fantastic, not because I wanted to convince him to come here, but because this is the truth.

"I play for a club that every player dreams of playing for. I told Ze Roberto that I have felt like a king for these two years in Greece with Olympiakos. I don't miss anything here. I have everything.

"I asked him what is his decision about his future and he told me that he has offers from AC Milan, Real Madrid and a club from Japan but he hasn't decided yet. We agreed to speak again by phone."

The Greeks will be anxious to sign any new players sooner rather than later, with the new Greek season scheduled to kick-off on the weekend of August 19-20.

since milan now still has its champions league spot i think we can forget about him...

AC Milan is not elgiable for Champions League. Remember they we're punished by UEFA for there role in the match-fixing scandal. Therefore my friend Ze Roberto should be wearing the red and white stripes. :tup:

AC Milan is not elgiable for Champions League. Remember they we're punished by UEFA for there role in the match-fixing scandal. Therefore my friend Ze Roberto should be wearing the red and white stripes. :tup:

Not so sure anymore.

Emergency Panel decides on Italy

Thursday, 27 July 2006

UEFA's Emergency Panel has met today to take a series of decisions regarding the admission of Italian clubs to the 2006/07 European club competitions.

FIGC submission

The meeting took place following the verdicts rendered in the Italian football disciplinary case, and the subsequent submission to UEFA by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) by yesterday's deadline of the list of Italian clubs to take part in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup. The teams submitted are FC Internazionale Milano, AS Roma, AC Milan and AC Chievo Verona for the UEFA Champions League, and US Città di Palermo, AS Livorno Calcio and Parma FC for the UEFA Cup.

Emergency Panel

In a UEFA statement, the Emergency Panel said it would, after further examination and possible submissions by AC Milan and the FIGC, take a final decision on AC Milan's admission to the UEFA club competitions by 2 August. Subject to the final decision, the name of AC Milan will be included in the draw for the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round, to be held tomorrow, to safeguard a proper drawing procedure.

UEFA statement

The full statement issued after the Emergency Panel meeting is as follows:

"Appreciating the timely submission by the FIGC of the list of Italian clubs to take part in UEFA competitions, the UEFA Emergency Panel reviewed the list this morning, in particular the position of AC Milan, and took the following decision:

- The final ranking of the Italian Serie A championship, as submitted by FIGC on 26 July 2006, and the list of Italian clubs to be entered for the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup 2006/2007, are acknowledged.

- As far as the position of AC Milan is concerned, the Panel took note of a report submitted by the UEFA Chief Disciplinary Inspector on the question whether it would be appropriate, due to the particular circumstances, to admit AC Milan to the 2006/07 UEFA club competitions.

- Following this report, the Emergency Panel has decided to further examine whether to admit AC Milan to the 2006/07 UEFA club competitions.

- AC Milan and the FIGC will have the possibility to submit their observations in this respect to UEFA.

- The Emergency Panel shall then take the final decision on AC Milan's admission to the 2006/07 UEFA Club Competitions by 2 August 2006. The exact date and time will be communicated in due course.

- The decision which will be taken by 2 August is subject to appeal to CAS.

- Subject to the final decision on AC Milan's admission to the 2006/07 UEFA club competitions to be taken by 2 August, the name of AC Milan will be included in the draw for the 3rd qualifying round of the UCL 2006/07 to safeguard a proper drawing procedure."

So I guess next Wednesday we will know about AC Milan's fate. :mellow:

@ethnikistis:

from what i gather ze roberto should play toures defensive mid position aongside stoltidis. so he plays his brazil position. in germany he was more of the offensive player that would rival djoles spot. but olympiakos need and want him for defence duties though.

So it sounds like you don't want him on the team. :(

Sollied will find out where to put him, it takes patients. :la:

Dont want him???? DUDE ARE YOU NUTS??? I cant wait I'm just not sure of the balance of the team. As Aekrossoponti says he'll prob be assigned defensive duties but I was under the impression that he doesnt like playing there. Also our midfield trio of Djole, Stoltidi, and Kafes has a balance, who will he come in for? Also, what will this mean for Okkas and Castillo (who have both been immense in pre-season) :unsure:

Archived