Phantis Forums

NO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOR OSFP!

Athens4

FIFA have suspended EPO for letting the greek government interfere with sporting affairs. FIFA apparently have EPO many warnings but have now suspended EPO which means no international football for international and club status.

FIFA have suspended EPO for letting the greek government interfere with sporting affairs. FIFA apparently have EPO many warnings but have now suspended EPO which means no international football for international and club status.

I don't know about you guys but if the government doesn't sort this out I will be starting a protest outside FIFA HQ! lol! I'm serious by the way! :tup:

I don't know about you guys but if the government doesn't sort this out I will be starting a protest outside FIFA HQ! lol! I'm serious by the way! :tup:

They will fix this but why should we wait so long to do something so simple and embarase our country?????

if we get banned on the 15 then what happens?

how long are we out for?

i would beleive that if they suspend us if the work does not get done by the 15 we will only be suspended until it is done. is that true or will it be more?

nows not the time, i can respect that, but i dont't think u can EVER argue the state of the scottish game after this.

paok4- :LOL:

seriously i hope it gets sorted out, the champions league/ uefa cup will not be the same without greek teams and their fans :tdown:

This is an outrage

Not because the Greek government did not cancelled the law

But because FIFA demand that withut looking inside this law

The law (As far as I undersood) is to anable the government to be involved if there are coruption and etc/ in order to sort it out

SO, any federation can be corrupted (like italy) but the government can not clean it out.

I know that the FIFA rull for the autonomy of any federation is good , in principle

But this is absurd

FIFA must be suspended not the Greek federation

Well ' i wrote the former post without knowing what is happening

Here is something that i forund in xtratime form of Greek football

AMOROSO!

Xtratime Legend & Allez Zizou!

Teams: PAOK and Parma

Quote:

Originally Posted by kat

Can anybody explane, what excatly means this meddeling by government? I mean, my common sense says that in many things FIFA has to bend to any government.

Yes. The Greek Football Association (EPO) has a certain process of electing it's president. This means that the clubs of the local football associations have an internal vote for a representative and the representatives vote for the president who right now is Gagatsis and is very esteemed by the heads of the local association (god knows why). The minister of sports (Orfanos) doesn't like Gagatsis (because they belong to different political parties - don't ask) so he is trying to pass a law that dictates that all proffesional and amateur football clubs vote individually and directly instead... in hope that Gagatsis will loose the elections that way. Gagatsis obviously is arguing that the government has no business dictating the election proccess of EPO... so he went and cried to Blatter who started threatening Orfanos... all building up to this ban, long before the deadline (which is 15th of July) but right before the new law is being introduced... thus forcing Orfanos to either take the political hit of Greek football being marginalised because of him or amend the law... which is the solution he will follow for sure.

Basically, they're both wankers because the minister should stay the **** off EPO but the EPO president brought FIFA into this risking a ban for Greek football just to keep his position...

And sure, FIFA has no say in government procceedings in Greece... but it is also a club with its own rules. Therefore they can't ban football being played in Greece or something, but they can certainly eject a federation from their club. In other words, the ministry of sports is allowed by Greek legislation to pass the law, but he has no right to tell FIFA what to do. It is a sort of official blackmail by FIFA

Unquote

Terrible isue, All the players that wanted to come here because of playing CL will cancell the contracts

Rivaldo is suppposed to come tomorrow to Greec. I think he may get a heart attack, no CL??

Archived