Phantis Forums

Ethnikos Achnas

DUDE

Following a 5-4 agg victory against Albanias Partizani in the first round, Ethnikos Achnas faced Croation opposition, NK Osijek. Ethnikos acheived a great 2-2 draw away from home putting them in great stead for qualification to the 3rd round. If Ethnikos do make it through the 2nd leg on the 8th July, they will either face Maccabi Petach-Tivka of Israel (whom Apoel defeated in last years UEFA CUP) or Zrijnski (BHZ). If they then get through that they will make it to the UEFA CUP 2nd round!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
After Ethnikos' magnificent 2-0 win in Israel the Cypriots are firmly in the driving seat, but they cant afford to take the game for granted. Ethnikos have to keep a clean sheet in the first half while remaining positive, and to find the right balance is difficult, especially for a an inexperienced side like Ethnikos. If Maccabi score first, as I think will happen, then it will be dangerous. I think Ethnikos will also score though and 3 will be too much for the Israelis. ELA RE ACHNA, SIKOSE TO! :LOL: :gr:

OLE! :nw: :gr: OLE! :nw: :gr: OLE! :nw: :gr:

ETHNIKOS HAVE WON THE INTERTOTO!!! THEY BEAT MACCABI 4-3 ON AGG!!! After an amazing 2-0 away they were made to sweat as they were 2-0 down at half time in Cyprus. But they battled back to equalise and despite Maccabi taking the lead again on 83 mins Ethnikos held on to make it to the 2nd round of the UEFA Cup!!!

Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, AEK, PAOK, Omonoia, and APOEL all fail in Europe. The first Greek or Cypriot team to win a European championship is Ethnikos Achnas, what are the chances?

OLE! :nw: :gr: OLE! :nw: :gr: OLE! :nw: :gr:

ETHNIKOS HAVE WON THE INTERTOTO!!! THEY BEAT MACCABI 4-3 ON AGG!!! After an amazing 2-0 away they were made to sweat as they were 2-0 down at half time in Cyprus. But they battled back to equalise and despite Maccabi taking the lead again on 83 mins Ethnikos held on to make it to the 2nd round of the UEFA Cup!!!

I came back today from a holiday trip to Cyprus / Makro Nissi - Agia Nappa (hot and freaking humid)..... and I watched this game live in TV

It was a suprisingly comeback after the 0 - 2 down..

I also watched the biggest part live of Omonia- Rijeka... Omonia was the better team...

Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, AEK, PAOK, Omonoia, and APOEL all fail in Europe. The first Greek or Cypriot team to win a European championship is Ethnikos Achnas, what are the chances?

Ethnikos the team of refugees...... has the same chances to be the first Cypriot / Greek Team to win a European Title... like you to became the President of the United States..

Ethikos' results are brilliant. This team isa real village team ,its home village is occupied and it plays at the Dasaki ground, which is very small.

The draw was kind to Ethnikos, but I believe this will be one game too much.

It's ok nightsurfer, I just didn't understand you. Hopefully, Ethnikos and APOEL, find success in the 2nd qualifying round of UEFA Cup. I know my Omonoia will!

Well, I m not so familar with Fans from Cyprus ... but you must be rather a rare case.....

Can an Omonia Fan ... support Olympiakos Piräus... or do I put a lot of fantasy in it ;)

Well both Omonia and Olympiakos are left wing clubs so many Omoniates whose support is politically motivated sport Olympiakos. There ae others that love the trifili and support PAO, etc.

Belgian football is more advanced but we're not talking about Anderlecht, Bruges or even Standard here.

Does anyone know anything about Roeslare?  :huh:

Hello you all ! This is the first discussion space I found on the Internet where apparently Achnas fans can be found :) By the way, does the team have a web site that functions ?

First of all, a small presentation of KSV Roeselare, my home team : last year was our first season in the Belgian first league. We promoted from the second league in 2005 after winning the play-offs. Although everyone in first division saw us falling back to second very quickly, we managed to maintain our position around 10-11th place (on a total of 18 teams) and ended 12th. We were elected most fair-play team in Belgium in April and thanks to draw end May, Belgium got an extra UEFA Fair Play ticket, allowing us to enter European competition for the first time.

In the first preliminary round, we drew FK Vardar Skopje (a team well-known to you, I guess :whistle:). Fortunately, the Macedonian team wasn't too strong, because we beat them 1-2 away and 5-1 home ! Now, we drew Ethnikos and hope to move on to the first UEFA round... but I guess you all hope the same for your side. ;)

Our team mainly consists of Belgians (youngsters and experienced players) and 3 French players (unfortunately, our famous striker Wagneau Eloi is still injured). The city of Roeselare is located in the western part of the country, some 30 km off the coast and south of Bruges (Brugge). The web site address of the club is www.ksvr.be. There you will find all useful info.

Could you give me a short presentation of Achnas ? Are there any fans coming to see the match on 10th August in Roeselare ? If so, how many ?

Hope to see you there & lots of success !

Rodenbach, Roeselare fan

poios m#$%!s, anistoritos anthropos eipe ta skopia makedonia :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

O anthropos apo to Velgio (Belgium). Krima gamoto oti oi xenoi den ehoun idea ti ginete!

Hello fan of Roselare. Welcome to Phantis. I am a fan of Omonoia in Cyprus who is drawn against Litex in the UEFA Cup. But here's what I know.Ethnikos Achnas is a small club who plays at the small Dasaki which seats 4,000. For this competition they will share the 23,000 seat GSP with us(Omonoia) and APOEL. Ethnikos Achnas is the first Greek or Cypriot team to win a European Competition of any sort. That's all I know. Anybody else wanna help him out?

Archived