Phantis Forums

Toure ‘out of Olympiakos’

HOLLYWOOD

Ivory Coast star wants to quit due to dissatisfaction, manager says, as feud escalates....

The future of Ivory Coast international Yaya Toure at Olympiakos appeared all but over yesterday as tension between the African player’s agent and the Piraeus club’s administration, fueled by complaints made by the player, escalated further to a seemingly irreparable level.

In comments published by local sports websites yesterday, Toure’s agent, Ukrainian Dimitri Seluk, requested that it be made totally clear that the African’s playing career with Olympiakos was definitely over.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_artic...8/06/2006_71443

what an a**hole if this is true :tdown:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this will end ok for Olympiakos and Toure with him coming back and being sold next summer. The way it stands now, he will sit on the bench for two years, Selouk will receive a big fat 0 for him as will Olympiakos. But sometimes you have to prove a point in order for this not to happen again. They def f*cked with the wrong president. Kokkalis is worth 1.2 billion dollars. Do you really think that it matters all that much to him whether or not he sells Toure. Olympiakos has revenue coming in from many places - we dont need to sell anybody to get other players. We will get Ze Roberto and Toure can have fun watching him, Stoltidis, Maric, Kafes play ahead of him. After two years with no games under him - no team will be willing to pay a good salary for him and he wont get any of the transfer fee. So Selouk - the question is: Since Olympiakos is willing to call your bluff - what is your next move????

intresting point of view ;)

also apprently Toure's manager made comments on the new transfers labeling them as crappy... i see a bad ending for everyone in here except Pao :P

I think Olympiakos could have handled the whole thing a bit better.

It's not clever to cut all lines of communication with his manager, they had dealings with him in the past and negotiated successfully the transfer of three players, even though he wasn't in FIFA's list. Selouk rubbishing some of Olympiakos transfers is not a serious enough reason, he is entitled to his opinion and he might be right for a few of them. You have to talk to him as he represents the player with the most potential in this team. If the administration of Olympiakos is offended by his views they should complete Toure's transfer, sort out their relation with the rest of his players (Baba, Ne) and then never have any dealings with him.

Also, Olympiakos did not try to build a good relation with Toure, the visa problem might sound as a silly excuse but it has happened a number of times with some of our Latin American and African players. It is unacceptable not to be able to help him or others with this sort of issue, any company would help its employees in a similar situation I don't understand why Olympiakos cannot do it.

There seems to be a general view that Olympiakos should punish Toure because he didn’t show respect for the club and its president. This just reminds me of another president, of another club and I wouldn’t like to see Olympiakos follow that route.

All around Europe good players are transferred to good teams that are willing pay fair transfer fees. I don’t see why this cannot happen with Toure.

i don't know what i really should think about all this. all the problems with toure started around the african cup. he didn't come back on time and when he brought his brother with him and we didn't sign him everything got worse. and that seluk guy, he reminds me of a guru or somehing. as soon as some interest from bigger clubs was there for toure he must seems like brainwashed. "I'm the greatest player on earth!" what a stupid piece of s%$#!. if he wouldn't have come to us, nobody would know him right now. he's supposed to have had some offers from portugal, well, over there in those teams, most probably he would have just been one of many players. but with us he took over a leading role and teams got interested in him.

the stuff with seluk is another story. sure not everything was handled correctly from both sides, but everything started with seluk wanting to be in the media with his comments. if that guy would have stut up, things would be better now.

but the comments that really made me angry was the stuff about the fans toure said: they are the best of the world and i would take them with me to my next team. WTF?! we loved him, when he was playing for our team and helping us, but with everything that happened now, i don't think anybody who loves osfp really wants him to come back. imo we should sell him and take the money to invest it in a more professional player. toure thinks he acts professional, but he is far away from being one.

could be, but i think that since they know how much money they could make through him (no matter if we need it or not) or that we could have built a team around him, they should have treated him the right way. if it turns out to be true i'd say that some people would have to leave, if not...

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=39...&f=rss&clid=202

Yaya Toure's Olympiakos career appears to be as good as over.

I feel sorry to have to tell the fans and the president on the radio that I want to leave Olympiakos," he said on Sportime Radio.

"My decision is not to play football with Olympiakos any more.

"The people responsible for this decision are those around the president. They did not treat me as a professional and for this reason alone i will not be participating in pre season training untill i secure a move away from Greece said Toure on sportime Radio."

:nono: :nono:

this is going to b a huge loss for oly and even Greece!! Toure is the biggest talent in Europe!! u guys should have offerd him a new 4 - 5 year contract when things were fine between him and management and he wanted to stay...

heres some past articles expressing intrest in him:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...4&clid=3&cpid=8

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...4&clid=3&cpid=8

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...clid=202&cpid=5

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=39...lid=1221&cpid=4

and this web site is realiable unlike some (goal.com)

Once again Oly drops the ball. Signing Ze Roberto is a step down, not up.

Ze Roberto would be the best player in the Olympiakos squad. He can defend as well as create and his work rate is high. Also bear in mind that he's played 5 games at the WC: in 2 he was officially FIFA's man of the match. In another he scored and in the other two he was very effective. How can you justify that signing a Brazilian international that plays for Bayern Munich is a step down for Olympiakos. Believe me, theres no bigger fan of Toure, as a player, than me, but he's a paliopaido! A Zahovic, Anelka, Djalminha, type player. Extremely talented but has a major attitude problem. And in a situation where the teams involved in dog fight a lack of unity can break the teams spirit before the opposition does. Thus, although I'm absolutely gutted that such a talented player is leaving our ranks, if the price is right it will benefit us in the long term.

A newspaper in Britain, the Daily Star, claims that Wenger is on the verge of making an official bid for Toure. Mind you, the same paper says that Milan are lining up a move for Lucas Neill. :whistle:

I really regret his leaving but the signs where on the wall long tim ago. first because his brother acts for Arsenal and wanted Yaya to join him, with the consent of Wnger

The other reason was the negative result about his younger brother

I do not know all the details of course, but I really thing he shpuld have learned som ral professionaliam from Rivaldo

I really regret his leaving but the signs where on the wall long tim ago. first because his brother acts for Arsenal and wanted Yaya to join him, with the consent of Wnger

The other reason was the negative result about his younger brother

I do not know all the details of course, but I really thing he shpuld have learned som ral professionaliam from Rivaldo

the same professionalism that made him clutch his face when the ball hit him in the shin in the last world cu...hahaha :D

(thats a joke oly fans, dont get too defesive)

:D :D :D

After Arsenal and Athletico,Lyon is also interested for Toure as some newspapers were saying today.Bring the offers and money kai sto kalo kai na mas grafeis.Especially if he doesn t show up monday when he is supposed to be coming back to greece for his first practice.

Archived