Phantis Forums

Nikos Lyberopoulos

nightsurfer

In fact when I saw Lybe walking in.... I was disappointed....

I believe without Lybe upfront we are more dangerous...and more faster......

It's something else though in Crete..as the pitch is smaller at least it seems to me like that ...

Lybe is physically not sufficient for international games.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact when I saw Lybe walking in.... I was disappointed....

I believe without Lybe upfront we are more dangerous...and more faster......

It's something else though in Crete..as the pitch is smaller at least it seems to me like that ...

Lybe is physically not sufficient for international games.....

...In my opinion, I believe that Lymbe is not a striker. He is a forward or a very forward attacking midfielder.

He does not have the speed, especially in the tactics we use, to set him self appart.

He is smart and good at positioning, but that tends to be when tactics are not counterattack.

He does hustle though, when he is back on defense and that really is a great trait.

I believe that Lymbe is not a striker. He is a forward or a very forward attacking midfielder.

AMEN!

Someone said it! I am saying this for so many years !

At PAO whenever they used him as an AMC he was their first scorer

At us whenever Soares and Sezar play infront of him he makes the opponent teams defence a joke

I think Santos Knows this very well and that he is only forced to use him a striker when other strikers are injured or in alternating positioning in the field for strategic reasons (i.e pulling the player that marks him off position whenever the opponents are marking him man to man)

not many assists for an AMC.

not his biggest fan..but he has hear,t and i love the way he disputed decisions:) he alwys seem to GENUINELYbelieve he's right :P

Good player, but reminds of Giovanni - nowhere to use him.....how i miss tsartas..

Lybe is a great player, but I think his time has passed. He isn't scoring as much as he did a few years back, but he still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Had he been consistent with his goalscoring we'd be in first, no doubt.

...In my opinion, I believe that Lymbe is not a striker.  He is a forward or a very forward attacking midfielder.

Eventhough he would play that position.....the fact remains that physically he is not any more sufficient.... And without a certain physical condition...and sprinting capabilities, in modern football, you can not much do against strong opponents....

His physical condition is below average....therefore he has no chance in international games....as a striker or forward...as you have distinguished there..........(though I don't see any difference between a forward and a striker....as I m an European).... or midfielder ..attacking or defensive....

Maybe he could be a challenge for Xiotis..... in international games as a Goalkeeper....as he would have a better timing when living his Goalline .....and would cut many opponent's attacks...... in time....without commiting serial penalties....or missing nearly every ball.

But in today's game in Yedikule ....there is another story....as the pitch is small and his running radius will be small. There he can jog trot...around OFI's penalty box area. He has a good presence in that mentioned area.

Methusalix was right about the fact.....that Santos should not have played with 4 defenders....as RC Goalposts...had an advantage in the midfield on existing players in that area... he should have played with less defenders...in populazising more the midfield.

But for Santos decision speaks the slowness of our defenders.....and although Methusalix does not rate high Okkas.... he could do any time the dammage with under populated defense.

I stand what ...I wrote before the game.... as I know what I write about football:

But in today's game in Yedikule ....there is another story....as the pitch is small and his running radius will be small. There he can jog trot...around OFI's penalty box area. He has a good presence in that mentioned area.

Ok Liberopoulos scored. Beautiful and Exciting. I did not expect otherwise in Yedikule as I wrote above.

But guys. Nobody mentions Ivic. Open your eyes and watch a bit.

Who scored the 1st Goal and who gave a perfid pass by head to Liberopoulos..when he was sourrended by 3 OFI Players ...and offered a free (no pressure) shoot position

Open your eyes a bit and watch everything. I repeat watch everything what goes around.

PS. Who messed up ? Ooops not this thread.

....as a striker or forward...as you have distinguished there..........(though I don't see any difference between a forward and a striker....as I m an European).... or midfielder ..attacking or defensive....

...cmon surfer. you are telling me that there is no difference between a player like tsiartas (in his prime) and zikos??? They are both midfield players right? What about Lymbe and olisadebe? Both strikers right?

I think you get my point. IM not saying that they just have different styles, but that they both excel in different situations and depending on what is called for they excel by doing different things. forexample, Lymbe gets back on defense. Olisadebe does not.

I go back to my example from last year (and this year)... Okkas. He is more of a FORWARD. He is not a striker because as we have seen he doesnot score as often as he should. But, having said that, he probably led our team (or top 1-3) with assists and doing something similar at oly this year.

Nevertheless, it is good to see Lymbe digging, because to me that is his most positive characteristic. thats why he continues to produce positive energy and chances for our club.

..cmon surfer. you are telling me that there is no difference between a player like tsiartas (in his prime) and zikos??? They are both midfield players right? What about Lymbe and olisadebe? Both strikers right?

Maybe I did not x-press well my point...maybe I wrote too much...or you might have misunderstood me....

My point is. Due to his (Lybe) limited physical condition...for international games, he is not any more sufficient.

And to that I add. It doesn't matter where you play. If you are physically unsifficient today, you have no chance what ever position you play (In a high level Football)

......except if you are something very extra ordinary.... Fuoriclasse like the Italians say.

Watch Champions League (tonight)...and feel the rythm......

I hope next year we play CL....and I want you all to come here......and talk to me about Lyberopoulos.....

But again. I hope that you all don't misunderstand me.

I don't put Lybe in the same categorie like Xiotis.... and I m glad that he is playing with us....and I expected something from him in Yedikule...(check my first post).....

Nightsurfer,

I just want to clarify that Tsiartas isn't anohter example of that, I'm sure you'll agree.. (I also have a feeling he's superfit, but refuses to run, and I like him for that :LOL: Lybe gives 110%, and I would say his lack of positioning, off the ball, and accurate passing him make him lack the quality for internaitonal level, as well as thew lack of physical power to shrug off defenders..

• 5 months later...

First of all, I will give you the answer to my question...

On the above mentioned games... he had a statistic of .. 0 = zero

Because he is just too slow. And in todays football, I mean in good championships or internationally, you can't do anything if you are slow... because ..you can only get the free spaces and the time...if you are fast and top fit....

That's why I could never understand Rehhagel why he is bringing players in with no competition in their feet

To your question about what position he was playing ....

My answer is ... to the type of player that he is ... it's very difficult to give him a position...and if you do...so you have to adapt the whole team on him...

Because he is not a striker...where you have to be fast and do the dirty and hard job upfront..... and he is not a a midfielder...to run up and down marking his zone...

First of all, I will give you the answer to my question...

On the above mentioned games... he had a statistic of .. 0 = zero

Because he is just too slow. And in todays football, I mean in good championships or internationally, you can't do anything if you are slow... because ..you can only get the free spaces and the time...if you are fast and top fit....

That's why I could never understand Rehhagel why he is bringing players in with no competition in their feet

To your question about what position he was playing ....

My answer is ... to the type of player that he is ... it's very difficult to give him a position...and if you do...so you have to adapt the whole team on him...

Because he is not a striker...where you have to be fast and do the dirty and hard job upfront..... and he is not a a midfielder...to run up and down marking his zone...

I am not disagreeing with your thoughts. He didnot do too much. For your reason exactly..

My point is that he is not a classic striker (due to your point of his speed) and he is not a midfielder to run up and down the field. He is a forward (or with drawn striker) or attacking midfielder. That is when he excels. Things might have been different in those games if he was positioned differently.

My point is that he is not a classic striker (due to your point of his speed) and he is not a midfielder to run up and down the field. He is a forward (or with drawn striker) or attacking midfielder. That is when he excels. Things might have been different in those games if he was positioned differently.

Dava

Against Denamark he played in the role where you would like to see him....

We played with only pointer Vryzas...

And he was playing behind him......

I repeat the statistic... but with more games.... ("strong" opponents)

Zenith in Russia - Zenith in Athens - Olympiakos and Danemark....

Makes total 305 minutes.....

1 Header in Russia.... around 40th min. from about 5 meters (a very good chance to get the lead.... not on target)

1 Shoot against Olympiakos around 8th minute , all alone from around 12 meters... ( again a very good chance as he was unmarked and had all his time to chose which side.... not on target)

This is a poor statistic for somebody, who hadn't had serious defensive tasks....

My point is that he is not a classic striker (due to your point of his speed) and he is not  a midfielder to run up and down the field.  He is a forward (or with drawn striker) or attacking midfielder.  That is when he excels.  Things might have been different in those games if he was positioned differently.

Dava

Against Denamark he played in the role where you would like to see him....

We played with only pointer Vryzas...

And he was playing behind him......

I repeat the statistic... but with more games.... ("strong" opponents)

Zenith in Russia - Zenith in Athens - Olympiakos and Danemark....

Makes total 305 minutes.....

1 Header in Russia.... around 40th min. from about 5 meters (a very good chance to get the lead.... not on target)

1 Shoot against Olympiakos around 8th minute , all alone from around 12 meters... ( again a very good chance as he was unmarked and had all his time to chose which side.... not on target)

This is a poor statistic for somebody, who hadn't had serious defensive tasks....

Agreed that he was in that position against Denmark. But you need to have 2 strikers in front of him. There was one NOT FAST striker in front of Lymbe. Which means they double and triple teamed Lymbe at times. I dont care how fast you are you will do nothing in that type system.

My point is, Lmbe is more successful behind two stikers. Even though it is not a full representation... but like he was against Kazak...

• 6 months later...

Archived