Phantis Forums

Kostas Katsouranis (retired)

ARTICLE ON KATSOURANIS - CHELSEA

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=179488

O M....A....L....A....K....A.....S

I dislike Chelsea with a passion, but if it's true then Katsou is either a man of principle and should be respected or a blameno! Who would turn down such a massive move?!?!!?

anyway, Katsouranis would never go to an Italian team because his name would be the subject of ridicule. CAZZU=psola!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest TheLegend

He would grab bench on Chelsea anyway but it would have been cool to have the first Greek to play for a prominent club in the Premiership.

ukraine can also brag about shevchenko...but hes limited to reserve games... that chelsea cant win

• 4 weeks later...

According to Goal.com Katsouranis wants to leave Benfica in the summer.

I've read that Villareal and Werder Bremen are interested in him

Guest TheLegend

If he came back to Greece especialy to aek , no offense, hed be stupid. He should be playing in the CL if not the bare minimum be going far in the uefa cup.

Yeah, something to do with him having a kid now etc and wanting to spend more time with the wife and kid ... however his contract won't be over this summer, and the asking price to let him go would be 10 million euros, something no Greek team can afford on one player, meaning the only plausible solution would be to get him on loan.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

shocking tournament from katsouranis.. it was as if he didnt want his hair messy..

any rumours on the transfer market?? surely he wont stay at benfica?

Guest TheLegend

shocking tournament from katsouranis.. it was as if he didnt want his hair messy..

any rumours on the transfer market?? surely he wont stay at benfica?

i recently read where katsouranis wants out of benfica because direct airline service between lisbon and athens has been cut.

- just bizarre. he's certainly made a focul point of himself recently - fight with teammate on the pitch (not as good as the bowyer-dyer fight)/negative comments about greek league/atrocious euro preformance/upset at lack of direct lisbon-athens flights.

we have seen otto use this player in various postions, from a centerback, a sweeper, a defensive holding midfielder and a central midfielder playing box to box.

as par for otto's course, otto's favorite position for this player (defensive holding midfielder) is katsouranis' worst position on the pitch. poor tactically (positioning and off-the-ball skills), panicky/mindless clearances, poor distribution/decision-making and failure to track runners aren't the exact criteria for a defensive holding midfielder. if katsouranis is worth 4-5 million euro, then mehmet aurelio is worth 20 million and marco senna is worth 35 million.

i think katsouranis can be useful as a box to box central midfielder. if not, maybe his future is as a central defender. the key spot of defensive holding central midfielder, should not be katsouranis' position. i think he's been pathetic at it.

the clueless greek football media don't question otto as to why otto keeps insisting on this player at that position instead of basinas.

idk if ur trying to be sarcastic or not but cenna is defintly worth 35 + million...

have u not seen some shitty no name players going to england for so much money only to fail...

cena is quality.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rumours of AC Milan's interest are getting stronger.

Not sure if he does in fact go to Milan. Would be great to have him there rubbing shoulders with Kaka, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Pato, Inzaghi.

Really? I've not heard these rumours. In an interview he did say that he wants to go to a country where there are direct flights to and from Greece so he has easier access to his family. He also said that although he isn't interested in returning to Greece he would consider playing for PAO and spoke of his admiration for the people that run PAOK. But he said he has no interest in going to Olympiakos.

Where did you hear that he may be going to Milan?

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Katsouranis (retired)