Phantis Forums

Kostas Katsouranis (retired)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck...  but now there is a black hole in AEK's defensive midfield....

Actually, that's not true. We still have Emerson who can fill that position. I also think it's time to let Kiriakidis get a chance.

As for Kats, it's dissapointing to see him go, but it's the best for his career.

Actually, that's not true. We still have Emerson who can fill that position. I also think it's time to let Kiriakidis get a chance.

As for Kats, it's dissapointing to see him go, but it's the best for his career.

To me, Kats and Emerson are 2 different players. Not to mention almost 10 years in difference if I recall correctly. Besides, when we ended last season, both players were starting and complimenting each other. Not playing the same position. So if emerson moves back, who moves to emerson's position?

I agree with you on Kiriakidis... But first thing first... We have the champions league to deal with...And as good as Kiriakidis might be, he is not ready for CL...

We have the champions league to deal with...And as good as Kiriakidis might be, he is not ready for CL...

I agree with you on that, that's where a transfer might come in. Even if we do sign someone in that position, i still feel that kiriakidis should at least be given a good amount of time in the A'Ethniki. More than his 3 games last season. At least 15 appearances. If he's given time, he could turn into our next top midfielder.

Hetemaj? I believe so. I read somehwere that he's a centre attacking midfielder that can also play on the right side.

So maybe with Emerson dropping deeper, Hetemaj will be allowed to roam. Might not be a perfect solution but it could work and provide a livlier and more attacking midfield.

Greetings all benfica supporter here just wanted to say what a great signing Kostas Katsouranis is for the club :tup: ,i honestly believe he will have a great season. Also with Fernando Santos coming in as coach i believe Karagounis will play more.

In my opinion Karagounis is a great player just that fool Koeman never gave him a chance. Looking forward to seeing the two play together for my club, together with players like Nelson,Luisao,Miccoli,Nuno Gomes,Fernandes and a whole lot more benfica are looking strong.

Posted Image

Kosta on the day of signing for Benfica.

Edited by Ricardinho

Greetings all benfica supporter here just wanted to say what a great signing Kostas Katsouranis is for the club :tup: ,i honestly believe he will have a great season. Also with Fernando Santos coming in as coach i believe Karagounis will play more.

In my opinion Karagounis is a great player just that fool Koeman never gave him a chance. Looking forward to seeing the two play together for my club, together with players like Nelson,Luisao,Miccoli,Nuno Gomes,Fernandes and a whole lot more benfica are looking strong.

Posted Image

Kosta on the day of signing for Benfica.

Hi Ricardino, welcome. Please keep us informed with the Greek guys progress. I for one will be having a little outside bet on Benfica to win the CL.

Hi there Ethnikistis and all the other members on the forum.Here is the list of benfica's pre season games,just thought i'd put it up so you all know when benfica is playing.

Posted Image

taken from maisfutebol;

July

Benfica - Sion

Benfica - Bordeaux

Benfica - Sporting

August

Benfica - AEK

8/9

Benfica ( 1st round Qualifier for champions league)

22/23

Benfica (2nd round qualifier for champions league)

Edited by Ricardinho

If any of you missed it, I wish you could see the Karagounis goal, he got a through ball and stayed on-side then lobbed the keeper. Excellent finish :tup:

The keeper froze on the lob, reminded me of Nikopolidis :LOL:

By the way, welcome to you Ricardinho

If any of you missed it, I wish you could see the Karagounis goal, he got a through ball and stayed on-side then lobbed the keeper. Excellent finish :tup:

What he scored again in the game agianst Sion???

What he scored again in the game agianst Sion???
I'm talking about the game vs/ Shaktar

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Katsouranis (retired)