Phantis Forums

Hellenic United

Last year a good friend - my godbrother- Peter Mintsioulis started a soccer team in the Industrial Soccer League of London Ontario. A chance for some of us old guys to start playing again, have fun and get in shape.

2 Team Rules:

1. Only Greek players allowed on the team

2. No bitching at each other

That is about it - unfortunately many of us had not played for years and we struggled through a 0-23-3 season. But we led the leauge in fans, cheers, and beers after the game.

But now in 2006 with a little lost weight, experience and some more players we are 2-4-1 and in a tied for 5th out of 8 teams in the 3rd division.

The reason I have written this post is to see if anyone else is part of a similar Greek team somewhere else in the world.

H.....U....H....U

http://www.leaguelineup.com/standings.asp?...visionid=176950

WOW

1st of all pretty extensive as far as the record and more importantly the stats...

I play here in a League in Virginia Beach Virginia (USA) and there's no-where near all the stas..

Great Website and who knows maybe I can make it to a couple of matches over there and play as a "guest player" ;)

Guest Originalgate21

Here is boston, we got a quite a few greek teams. I play for Boston Olympiakos which has been a dominant team in Massachusetts and at the National Level. This league is the best amateur league in the state where alot of semi pro and pro players have come from this league.

Boston Olympiakos is also currently playing in the US National Amateur Cup. Weve made it to the Region Semis (National Sweet 16). 4 years ago we made it to the National Final 4 in Orlando. You can check the league website at www.mssleague.net

You can check standings and scores of us and other teams.

You can also check our website at www.bostonolympiakos.com and see our history and all accomplishments.

Daaamn Fellas.. I can honestly say that I'm jealous. There's a league here in Virginia Beach VA but it's no-where near to what you all have..

i just want to tell you all keep it up w/ promoting the game and more importantly promoting Greek teams..

Great job everyone.

:gr: In London we have always had youth - Apollo - teams and currently have a premier team - AEK - and two industrial teams -HU and Olympians -

We have jumped up to .500 after 3 wins in a row - I advise any of you who are thinking about putting together a team to jump on it - good luck guys

• 4 weeks later...

Archived